Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I actually saw him interviewed on SNY. He said pretty much the same thing, and was very accountable.

I think Rex's message was clear. The question is...how will Mark react?
    I really don't hate mark, I'd love to see him be successful here but it seems he can't do it. Wish him the best because he's a jet but if he starts to stink up the place I hope McElroy gets in there.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...rience-my-life

^not sure if you guys read this.... Sanchez acknowledging that he has been bad for stretches and is holding himself accountable. Lets see how far this goes on sunday!
    Sanchez says he has to get better and protect the football better every week. What makes this week different?

At this point, it doesn't matter. Even if he destroys the Jaguars (you know, a 190 yards passing and 2 tds), he would have beaten a very bad Jaguars team. He has no chance of redemption this season because the teams he is facing are absolutely terrible. The Jets need a new philosophy, and that is why Rex and Tannenbaum have to go. They are delusional, and should be sent to the nearest mental facility immediately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    Sanchez says he has to get better and protect the football better every week. What makes this week different?

At this point, it doesn't matter. Even if he destroys the Jaguars (you know, a 190 yards passing and 2 tds), he would have beaten a very bad Jaguars team. He has no chance of redemption this season because the teams he is facing are absolutely terrible. The Jets need a new philosophy, and that is why Rex and Tannenbaum have to go. They are delusional, and should be sent to the nearest mental facility immediately.
    We don't live in fairy tail land so even if Rex and mike T are gone one thing is for sure. Sanchez will still be there in 2013. One offseason can't fix this team, we have holes top to bottom. We can obviously be more competitive next year but we won't be contending for a Super Bowl anytime soon.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    We don't live in fairy tail land so even if Rex and mike T are gone one thing is for sure. Sanchez will still be there in 2013. One offseason can't fix this team, we have holes top to bottom. We can obviously be more competitive next year but we won't be contending for a Super Bowl anytime soon.
    Doesn't matter if Sanchez is here next year. If the jets get a coach with a brain in his head, he would sit him and find another alternative. Rex will always start Sanchez because he is too close to the situation.

If McElroy had been chosen to start for the rest of the season and he stunk it up, Rex would actually look like he knew what he was talking about with Sanchez and keep his job. If McElroy lights it up, he keeps his job as well. His hubris will be his downfall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    Doesn't matter if Sanchez is here next year. If the jets get a coach with a brain in his head, he would sit him and find another alternative. Rex will always start Sanchez because he is too close to the situation.

If McElroy had been chosen to start for the rest of the season and he stunk it up, Rex would actually look like he knew what he was talking about with Sanchez and keep his job. If McElroy lights it up, he keeps his job as well. His hubris will be his downfall
    Trust me I wanted McElroy too but I have a feeling this is sanchez's last shot. If Sanchez stinks up the place he's done. Rex pretty much layed the groundwork for that.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Speak for yourself, and don't knock it til you try it.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Like everyone - I will puke if/when I see another stupid Sanchez turnover, but it was inevitable that REX would pick Sanchez as this weeks starter - I mean, IF Sparano and REX believe Sanchez gives the team the best chance of winning, as they've said all along, then it's doubtful that 5/7 for 29 yards was going to change their mind.

The thing is, as so many of you have said so eloquently - this is virtually a no win situation: 1) Sanchez plays a good game against a bad Jacksonville team - eh? so what, right? I think this is the best case scenario, but it's not a slam dunk - and even if the best happens, and Sanchez plays like a good NFL QB, and we win easily - we'll all say - so what, the Jags stink; 2) Sanchez plays mediocre, and we win - he'll still, probably, be given the rest of the season, at least until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs - and if we get to that - and he has been no better than mediocre - sucks for us; 3) Sanchez sucks- this might be the easiest thing to deal with, because then, maybe, we can eliminate Sanchez from the future, and even though we'll be stuck will his salary, and HUGE cap hit.

I know many of us think in terms of "fairness," "since McElroy got a little spark going with the offense, and he didn't make a mistake (too bad we measure "good" by how few mistakes are made), so he should be given the chance to lead the team," but GUESS WHAT - most "experts" in the league, and definitely our Jets people - don't think he'll ever be a starting QB in the NFL. He doesn't have the chance to become a "Tom Brady" because he doesn't have anywhere near the arm strength that Brady had coming out of college. I'm trying to think of any recent QBs that remind me of Greg McElroy, and unfortunately, Brooks Bollinger comes into mind.

REX has made his bed, let's see if anyone of us can sleep with that.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    Like everyone - I will puke if/when I see another stupid Sanchez turnover, but it was inevitable that REX would pick Sanchez as this weeks starter - I mean, IF Sparano and REX believe Sanchez gives the team the best chance of winning, as they've said all along, then it's doubtful that 5/7 for 29 yards was going to change their mind.

The thing is, as so many of you have said so eloquently - this is virtually a no win situation: 1) Sanchez plays a good game against a bad Jacksonville team - eh? so what, right? I think this is the best case scenario, but it's not a slam dunk - and even if the best happens, and Sanchez plays like a good NFL QB, and we win easily - we'll all say - so what, the Jags stink; 2) Sanchez plays mediocre, and we win - he'll still, probably, be given the rest of the season, at least until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs - and if we get to that - and he has been no better than mediocre - sucks for us; 3) Sanchez sucks- this might be the easiest thing to deal with, because then, maybe, we can eliminate Sanchez from the future, and even though we'll be stuck will his salary, and HUGE cap hit.

I know many of us think in terms of "fairness," "since McElroy got a little spark going with the offense, and he didn't make a mistake (too bad we measure "good" by how few mistakes are made), so he should be given the chance to lead the team," but GUESS WHAT - most "experts" in the league, and definitely our Jets people - don't think he'll ever be a starting QB in the NFL. He doesn't have the chance to become a "Tom Brady" because he doesn't have anywhere near the arm strength that Brady had coming out of college. I'm trying to think of any recent QBs that remind me of Greg McElroy, and unfortunately, Brooks Bollinger comes into mind.

REX has made his bed, let's see if anyone of us can sleep with that.

GO JETS!!!
    How about comparing McElroy to Joe Montana instead of Bollinger. Similar stature. Similar arm strength. Both smart. Both accurate. Both good at reading defenses.

Here are Montana's stats from his 2 years starting at ND:

Year Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
    1977 99 189 52.4 1604 8.5 7.7 11 8 134.4
    1978 141 260 54.2 2010 7.7 6.9 10 9 124.9

And here are McElroy's:

Year Att Cmp Pct Yards TD Int Rating
    2010 313 222 70.9 2,987 20 5 169.0
    2009 325 198 60.9 2,508 17 4 140.5

No, I'm not saying McElroy should be compared to one of the all time greats. I'm just saying that if Montana can have that kind of success in the NFL with his measurables, why not someone else. We know what we've got in Sanchez. It would be nice to see more McElroy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg888 View Post
    How about comparing McElroy to Joe Montana instead of Bollinger. Similar stature. Similar arm strength. Both smart. Both accurate. Both good at reading defenses.

And here are McElroy's:

No, I'm not saying McElroy should be compared to one of the all time greats. I'm just saying that if Montana can have that kind of success in the NFL with his measurables, why not someone else. We know what we've got in Sanchez. It would be nice to see more McElroy.
    With this offensive coordinator, He'll be more like Joe Dirt than Joe Montana.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    With this offensive coordinator, He'll be more like Joe Dirt than Joe Montana.
    I'm not ready to kill the OC. Methinks an OC needs a quality QB to get good results. Kevin Gilbride is one of the most maligned OCs in history, but now he is brilliant with Eli playing well. How many OCs has New England had since Brady has been playing at a high level? They are all excellent?

I think Sanchez can make the best OC look bad. When drawing up plays, do you think the OC says, "Mark, on this play, throw it right into the hands of the DE, on this play, throw it off your back foot right to Kerry Rhodes, and on this play, get acquainted with Brandon Moore's butt."

Put Schotty or Sparano in Denver, Green Bay, etc., and their systems would be considered wonderful.

vCash
    I'm not ready to kill the OC. Methinks an OC needs a quality QB to get good results. Kevin Gilbride is one of the most maligned OCs in history, but now he is brilliant with Eli playing well. How many OCs has New England had since Brady has been playing at a high level? They are all excellent?

I think Sanchez can make the best OC look bad. When drawing up plays, do you think the OC says, "Mark, on this play, throw it right into the hands of the DE, on this play, throw it off your back foot right to Kerry Rhodes, and on this play, get acquainted with Brandon Moore's butt."

Put Schotty or Sparano in Denver, Green Bay, etc., and their systems would be considered wonderful.
    Good point. Shotty or Sparano with en elite QB who has plenty of WR's would look good. Then again, doesn't Eli call all his own plays? How is Shotty looking in St. Louis with an average QB, good RB, and weapons at WR?

Then again Sanchez would look good with a good OC and weapons.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Good point. Shotty or Sparano with en elite QB who has plenty of WR's would look good. Then again, doesn't Eli call all his own plays? How is Shotty looking in St. Louis with an average QB, good RB, and weapons at WR?

Then again Sanchez would look good with a good OC and weapons.
    Not sure about that. In a perfect world (quality OL, quality weapons) you would think he would look adequate, but the 1st interception against Arizona and the Brandon Moore play had nothing to do with a bad OC and poor weapons.

I don't think anyone is disputing Mark's ability to do good things. The larger concern is, how does he stop the bonehead stuff?

vCash
    People are blowing up the Sanchez-Moore butt play..it wasn't that serious.. Bad plays happen in the nfl every week just ny teams get picked up and talked about
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Did I just see Montana/McElroy comparison???

vCash

And here are McElroy's:

We could only wish that Greg McElroy would take steroids and develop the arm strength of Joe Montana. People say he didn't have a rocket arm, but nobody ever suggested he had a pop-gun either, or that we had a weak arm. he may not have thrown the deep ball on "a frozen rope," but most successful deep throwers put it up with a nice arc and let their receivers run underneath it. McElroy struggled with two of the best deep WRs in the game - Julio Jones, and I forget the other guy.

I'm not saying he can't be a NFL QB - but he's more in the class of Ray Lucas, Brooks Bollinger, and he would have to have an upgrade to be in Chad Pennington's class, and Joe Montana's - so let's not get carried away.\

Maybe his smarts and moxie would be enough to do something special - but if so - why isn't he a sure fire thing to go to, or more than a 7th round "REX LOVE's this guy because he's from Alabama" pick?

GO JETS!!!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast