Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If this game was at home he would not of let Sanchez start!!!! The fact that it is on the road and a terrible team they are facing gives Rex a chance to have Sanchez get some confidence back!!! Let's face it, we are stuck with him next year because of the contract......if he plays poorly in Jax....he is done!!!!......and so is Rex for not listening to Woody's "order" that GMAC be the starter. If I'm Woody and Sanchez stinks it up big time....I send a message and fire Rex right after the game!!!!!!

"It Is.....What It Is!!!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    This. You guys are all so mad and I'm not sure why. If Sanchez is brutal, he's done. Here's your chance kid, go throw for 350.

Calling for Rex's head over this? lol. There are other reasons to do it... this isn't one of them.
    I think it's the accumulation of everything Rex has done/said and this may be the straw that broke the camels back for many.

How many first team reps realistically do you think GMAC gets in practice? I figure not too many. Even if they think he's not that good, I quite frankly couldn't give 2 ****ing ***** about their evaluations because they don't know **** about ****. Woody is ****ing clueless when it comes to personnel. He only goes by what he's being told. Tanny doesn't know dick, just numbers and contract jargon. And Rex is the biggest offender of them all. He can't evaluate for ****. I'm sick of his lies. I'm sick of his empty promises. I'm sick of his stubbornness and I'm getting sick of him. I can't stomach when he talks because 98% of it are lies and ********.

Rex will spew some crap like "This player is really coming along he's doing great." *Goes out on the field and ****s up and plays poorly* Next news conference: "I really think he's got it now. He's showing great improvement on the practice field. He's one of the hardest players blah blah blah." *Goes out on the field and continues to **** up*. We've been seeing this since the beginning of his tenure. I'm done with it. I want him to man up and say I ****ed up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clementi View Post
    Would any of you care if you came out of a tunnel in your home field and 60,000 people are booing only you on the team after all the winning you gave this fan base. People get caught up in the stats way too much and players need time to develop. It's year 4, he should be starting to put it together, but this is by far his worst year as a pro. You can't deny that. But to say he is a lost cause is pretty crazy.

And RG3 is 6-6 this year.

Only stats that matter in any sport are wins and losses. No one ever said we are a pretty team to watch. But the mutiny by fair weather new Jets fans is disgusting really. It's not even fun to go to games anymore. Honestly there is no home field advantage when teams come to our place. Fans are usually dead, even on defense. No wonder Ed quit.
    All good points and I agree for the most part. However, it is about time that Mark begins to understand that there are consequences to his poor play. Simply talking about how you are going to "work on getting better" or "practice your butt off" is not cutting it. He has another opportunity this Sunday to come out and play a solid game against a team the Jets should beat. If he again does not complete passes, because of bad throws, and has bad turnovers caused by his bad decisions, then he should be benched, end of story. That is how it works, and he needs to start getting better yesterday. No more coddling by this organization.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clementi View Post
    Would any of you care if you came out of a tunnel in your home field and 60,000 people are booing only you on the team after all the winning you gave this fan base. People get caught up in the stats way too much and players need time to develop. It's year 4, he should be starting to put it together, but this is by far his worst year as a pro. You can't deny that. But to say he is a lost cause is pretty crazy.

And RG3 is 6-6 this year.

Only stats that matter in any sport are wins and losses. No one ever said we are a pretty team to watch. But the mutiny by fair weather new Jets fans is disgusting really. It's not even fun to go to games anymore. Honestly there is no home field advantage when teams come to our place. Fans are usually dead, even on defense. No wonder Ed quit.
    Couple things wrong with this post so let me correct them. First, you better not be comparing RG3 to Sanchez because that is just laughable. Yea wins and losses are what matter, but the difference is that the Jets won in spite of Mark thanks to defense and the ground game where as the Skins are winning BECAUSE of RG3.

Look at RG3's stats right now, hes having a better season as a rookie then any season Mark has had. AS A ROOKIE!!!!!!!! Theres a good chance that the Skins make the playoffs this year and it will be solely because of Griffin. Their defense is not great and though their running game is greatly improved, its nothing like the Jets had when Sanchez was winning.

Now about the stadium crowd. Ive been to 4 games this season and 3 of them were losses, two of which were blowouts being the niners and phins games, and you couldnt be more wrong about the crowd being dead. Each game the crowd was rocking and alive cheering the defense on, but every time Sanchez would make a bad play it would chip away at the morale. But the crowd would pick back up again and get behind their team, only for another bonehead play by Sanchez to sap the life out of anyone. At a certain point it became expected because you just knew every time he took the field it was either going to be a 3 and out, or a critical stupid avoidable turnover. Its impossible to expect the fans to cheer a product that is so below par for so many weeks in a row, and its wrong to ask them to.

The best time Ive had at a game this season was this past Sunday during the 2nd half when GMAC came in. The stadium was shaking and everyone was on their feet for EVERY SINGLE PLAY on both sides of the ball. Face it, Sanchez has sucked the life out of every aspect of this team that you can think of, its time to move on and were just wasting time by continuing to give him chances.
    Last edited by onlythisfar41; 12-05-2012 at 10:38 AM.

New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

Man City
    As of 3/18/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopboy45 View Post
    If this game was at home he would not of let Sanchez start!!!! The fact that it is on the road and a terrible team they are facing gives Rex a chance to have Sanchez get some confidence back!!! Let's face it, we are stuck with him next year because of the contract......if he plays poorly in Jax....he is done!!!!......and so is Rex for not listening to Woody's "order" that GMAC be the starter. If I'm Woody and Sanchez stinks it up big time....I send a message and fire Rex right after the game!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Thank goodness that poster is not the owner.

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    I'm shocked people are so mad about this. It's clearly the right call. The Jets can't afford to cut Sanchez. If they need to do that, they will suck next year (spoiler: they will suck next year). He just costs too much money. It makes perfect sense to give him every opportunity, especially considering the Jets are playing Jacksonville. They should be able to beat Jacksonville even if Sanchez throws 5 picks in the first half.

I do hope that Tannenbaum, who apparently wanted Sanchez and is the cause of all of this (he gave that extension to try to save his job, which was the right move for him but the wrong move for the team) was kind enough to guarantee Rex that he won't try to scapegoat Rex in the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Thank goodness that poster is not the owner.
    I would have fired someone at half-time of the Pats game just to put the whole team on notice. Every part of the this organization is too comfortable continuing to fail and still run their mouths. No one on this team seems to have any sense of accountability or pride. Its pitiful/disgraceful to watch. There have been plenty of bad Jets teams that have not had a lot of talent, but there have not been that many that I can remember that have been so bad and of such poor character.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    I read on Twitter that Rex felt Sanchez is the best QB on the roster and the contract had nothing to do with his decision.
    Sanchez is the best QB on the roster. Right now though, I don't know where his head is.

Tebow was never going to get the start because even if healthy, he's not an NFL QB.

I was hoping that Sanchez would sit for a bit to get his head screwd on right. This team is not making the playoffs, so I would have preferred to see Rex decide to see what he's got in GMAC for the rest of the year. Sanchez is coming back next year anyway, and the Jets will still not know if GMAC can be a viable NFL gametime QB.

I am not surprised by Rex's decision, but I'm a little disappointed. I predicted he would do this, and explained why he would think it's the right thing to do.

While this is not a home game, it is going to be a hostile environment for Sanchez simply because it's Tebow's home town. From the first play of the game the crowd is going to be chanting for Tebow. It will be interesting though if Sanchez struggles because this week McElroy will get booed if he replaces Sanchez.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-SJETS3x View Post
    I think it's the accumulation of everything Rex has done/said and this may be the straw that broke the camels back for many.

How many first team reps realistically do you think GMAC gets in practice? I figure not too many. Even if they think he's not that good, I quite frankly couldn't give 2 ****ing ***** about their evaluations because they don't know **** about ****. Woody is ****ing clueless when it comes to personnel. He only goes by what he's being told. Tanny doesn't know dick, just numbers and contract jargon. And Rex is the biggest offender of them all. He can't evaluate for ****. I'm sick of his lies. I'm sick of his empty promises. I'm sick of his stubbornness and I'm getting sick of him. I can't stomach when he talks because 98% of it are lies and ********.

Rex will spew some crap like "This player is really coming along he's doing great." *Goes out on the field and ****s up and plays poorly* Next news conference: "I really think he's got it now. He's showing great improvement on the practice field. He's one of the hardest players blah blah blah." *Goes out on the field and continues to **** up*. We've been seeing this since the beginning of his tenure. I'm done with it. I want him to man up and say I ****ed up.
    Nice rant but I still like Rex and his big mouth..Tanny and Sparano are the ones that need to be gone.. We need to get Mark some weapons, a QB coach and a good offensive coordinator next year along with a viable backup which will probably be GMAC.. If he fails, then pull him mid season and good riddance..Unfortunately, this team has too much invested in him to give up now..Besides it's not all totally his fault and we all know that..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    I'm shocked people are so mad about this. It's clearly the right call. The Jets can't afford to cut Sanchez. If they need to do that, they will suck next year (spoiler: they will suck next year). He just costs too much money. It makes perfect sense to give him every opportunity, especially considering the Jets are playing Jacksonville. They should be able to beat Jacksonville even if Sanchez throws 5 picks in the first half.

I do hope that Tannenbaum, who apparently wanted Sanchez and is the cause of all of this (he gave that extension to try to save his job, which was the right move for him but the wrong move for the team) was kind enough to guarantee Rex that he won't try to scapegoat Rex in the offseason.
    On the flip side, if he is not playing to the performance you expect, you sit him. You don't equate contract situation or feelings into this. Seattle chose the better player irregardless of the fact that the front office spent big money on the prized free agent. Money should not dictate a guy playing. Ever. You play to win the game and Mark is not giving this team a very good chance to do so. They ran for over 170 yards and gave up no TD's and the team was still very fortunate to pull that game out. That was directly a result of his play.
    Mark has been horrible. No one can deny this. And how many ways can the team placate to get his attention? He looks lost out there and doesn't make the reads, the checkdowns and has an inability to even think on the field. His tunnel vision is not improving. I've never in my life seen anything like his collision with the OLineman on turkey day. No presence, no awareness. This is his fourth year and he's forcing passes into coverage almost half the time! It's totally unacceptable to see this level of regression for a professional starter in this league.
    I'm personally not too upset over this but can certainly understand fans being a bit disgusted. I don't see how you can't understand this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopboy45 View Post
    Sanchez has already proven that he can play well against softer defenses, so the fact that Jax sucks is not going to help his confidence. It could do just the opposite.

If he struggles against this weak defense, what might that do to his confidence? This is a trap game for Sanchez, and my opinion is that if Rex cares about Sanchez as much as he claims to, he would have chosen to start GMAC.

There's nothing wrong with telling your QB, "Hey, take the week off and let things settle down a bit. Watch some film, and try to get some perspective. We'll get you back out there next week."

I'm a little disappointed that Rex is doing this, but not surprised.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I will never understand how/why in any sport teams decide to continue to play someone who is failing and contributing to losses for your team just because the player is owed a lot of money. Whether you play the player or not, you owe him a lot of money! Why lose games in the process? The only reason to play Sanchez is if you genuinely believe he gives the team the best chance to win, but there does not appear to be a clear consensus within the org that this is the case. How much he is owed should not be part of the equation. Having said that, as I have said before, this is exactly why Sanchez will continue to start, and that is why the Jets are a ******** organization.

vCash
    My worst nightmare, and i can see it coming, sanchez is the starter for the rest of the season and actually plays ok, not great. We win 3 of the last 4 go 8-8 and sanchez ends up getting excuses made for him how we had no talent. He is the starter next year with mcelroy as the backup because this team refuses to put a viable option behind him at qb, and we relive the same crap next season. I know you cant cut sanchez because he is too much of a cap hit, but does that mean we should just start him and lose instead of bringing in a veteran backup that can maybe manage the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyesmuststay View Post
    My worst nightmare, and i can see it coming, sanchez is the starter for the rest of the season and actually plays ok, not great. We win 3 of the last 4 go 8-8 and sanchez ends up getting excuses made for him how we had no talent. He is the starter next year with mcelroy as the backup because this team refuses to put a viable option behind him at qb, and we relive the same crap next season. I know you cant cut sanchez because he is too much of a cap hit, but does that mean we should just start him and lose instead of bringing in a veteran backup that can maybe manage the game.
    I wouldn't be so fearful. Things will work their way out. If Sanchez is incapable of turning it around, he's gone. He needs to really step it up to remain on this team so if he does so, he stays.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast