Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Guess its how you look at it. Eli played 9 games in his rookie year. So 2008 would be his 4th year where he was over an 80 rtg.
    I would suggest that 9 games is a large enough sample size to be considered his first year. If you really want to nit pick, Sanchez only played in 15 games in 2009, and Eli's first 6 starts in year 5 were not stellar (2 good, 1 average, and 3 bad ones)

And if you look at each of their first 4 season, Sanchez has been arguably as good, if not better. That's not to say that Sanchez will have a similar career, I'm simply responding your your posts.

The Giants tried to do the right thing with Eli by having him sit behind Warner for a year, but Warner was average at best that year (I think he got hurt too), so the Giants just decided it couldn't be worse with Manning. It was worse and Eli's rating was absolutely brutal in that first year.

Too bad the Jets didn't do the same thing with Sanchez. Maybe it would have helped, but it couldn't possibly have hurt.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69 View Post
    I called got called about season tickets today, and after hearing the news I told them they can call me back when Mark Sanchez is no longer involved with the Jets organization and to make sure they put that on my profile.

I'm disappointed. We need a change. I don't think that many people enjoy watching Sanchez anymore. Even if he does well, people don't want to watch him. It's a sad situation. They care more about a contract than the team.

I even think Sanchez may a decent QB someday but 1 half on the bench won't do it. He needs to fight for his job to get it back. He needs to grow a sack before he can let his balls drop and grow. (even though we've seen enough sack and balls drop this year)

He won't grow up until he stops being treated like spoiled child.
    He needs to get a shovel and dig himself out of the heap of **** under which he's buried himself. Rex needs to stop digging him out.

vCash
    If Mark beats the Jags the Sanchez supporters will say he diserves to continue starting if he loses we are most likely out of the playoff race even though we'll be out of it anyway if he continues to start for the rest of the season. It's a losing scenario anyway you look at it and it sucks to be a Jets fan right now because hes at our helm and he does not diserve it. Sanchez can go **** himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    McElroy led us to a win Sunday against the Cardinals and Rex is sticking with Sanchez the rest of the year? There goes our playoff hopes

I hope Rex is gone after this season
    McElroy threw for 7 passes and most people think he'll become the season savior. playoff? you're talking playoff? C'mon man, I know the Jets are mathematically still in the hunt but be real. Sanchez starting is because of the contract and that because he is the best of the worst we have. of course McElroy would do well in his first drive or game because the opponents have no game films on him and not knowing his tendencies. would it be different if McElroy were to start the rest of the season and the opponents have gamefilms on him to watch? hell yes it would. just ask Tebow or even Jeremy Lin!! there as a reason why McElroy was a 7th round pick eventhough he was very good at Alabama. be careful of what you wish for ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    McElroy led us to a win Sunday against the Cardinals and Rex is sticking with Sanchez the rest of the year? There goes our playoff hopes

I hope Rex is gone after this season
    Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs.

You kiddin me?

Playoffs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I loved Rex, never really hated on Sanchez too much or bashed him in this forum. However, this move really pisses me off. Sanchez just looks like a broken and defeated man at this point. This team needs new life, when McElroy came in it was like a breath of fresh air. By going back to Sanchez the very next week he is turning that fresh air into nothing more than a smelly fart.

vCash
    At this point I guess all we can do is hope Sanchez got the message. Maybe he has the game of his life and lights up the jacksonville sky.

This game will be telling. Lets see if his teamates can rally behind him. And lets see a game without a fumble or into. That in itself would be progress.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    My concern is how will his teammates respond. When GMAC entered the game the team seemed to gain a burst of energy. I know momentum can only last for so long, but I would have liked to have seen what the kid could do. Sanchez has struggled this year, however look at who he has at the skill positions. I know Sanchez supporters bring this point up constantly, but I would have loved to have seem him with an above average RB and a dynamic WR or TE. His first couple of years the team lived off of play action. P.S. and those that rip Woody Johnson, would you prefer Leon Hess????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cjetswin71 View Post
    My concern is how will his teammates respond. When GMAC entered the game the team seemed to gain a burst of energy. I know momentum can only last for so long, but I would have liked to have seen what the kid could do. Sanchez has struggled this year, however look at who he has at the skill positions. I know Sanchez supporters bring this point up constantly, but I would have loved to have seem him with an above average RB and a dynamic WR or TE. His first couple of years the team lived off of play action. P.S. and those that rip Woody Johnson, would you prefer Leon Hess????
    I do like his trucks.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I do like his trucks.
    I literally laughed out loud

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I do like his trucks.
    I'm getting the chopper...

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caņamin View Post
    I'm getting the chopper...
    Looks pretty awesome, doesn't it?

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Despite the 2 ACF Championship appearances, Rex truly has done a terrible job with this team the past two seasons, and it goes well beyond wins and loses. Weve been blown out more then 5 times, and come out flat and undisciplined. Rex literally gave himself a chance of redemption with the fans and owner by benching Sanchez and could have potentially saved himself from being fired by going with McElroy. By naming Sanchez the starter Rex has elected to go down in flames with him. Sanchez will probably rebound against a very poor Jacksonville team, but when he struggles in our remaining games and we finish 7-9 Rex needs to be the first to go and Sanchez needs to literally be inactive in 2013.
    Originally Posted by erickench
    At least Lackey had a winning record for the Red Sox. His ERA was just a little high.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...rience-my-life

^not sure if you guys read this.... Sanchez acknowledging that he has been bad for stretches and is holding himself accountable. Lets see how far this goes on sunday!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...rience-my-life

^not sure if you guys read this.... Sanchez acknowledging that he has been bad for stretches and is holding himself accountable. Lets see how far this goes on sunday!
    I actually saw him interviewed on SNY. He said pretty much the same thing, and was very accountable.

I think Rex's message was clear. The question is...how will Mark react?

-Sun Tzu

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast