vCash
    Well atleast if he sucks it up we know McElroy will come in

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    On the flip side, if he is not playing to the performance you expect, you sit him. You don't equate contract situation or feelings into this. Seattle chose the better player irregardless of the fact that the front office spent big money on the prized free agent. Money should not dictate a guy playing. Ever. You play to win the game and Mark is not giving this team a very good chance to do so. They ran for over 170 yards and gave up no TD's and the team was still very fortunate to pull that game out. That was directly a result of his play.
    Mark has been horrible. No one can deny this. And how many ways can the team placate to get his attention? He looks lost out there and doesn't make the reads, the checkdowns and has an inability to even think on the field. His tunnel vision is not improving. I've never in my life seen anything like his collision with the OLineman on turkey day. No presence, no awareness. This is his fourth year and he's forcing passes into coverage almost half the time! It's totally unacceptable to see this level of regression for a professional starter in this league.
    I'm personally not too upset over this but can certainly understand fans being a bit disgusted. I don't see how you can't understand this.
    That's where you're wrong and there is a HUGE difference between Matt Flynn and Mark Sanchez. Flynn's contract calls for him to only make 2 million this year, a far cry from Sanchez. Seattle could put Flynn as the backup without very much thought if Wilson was playing better. The Jets don't have that luxury and quite honestly, thank Mike T. for that one. The Jets held all the power over Sanchez with a heavily front loaded contract and they chose to guarantee the last two years for salary cap relief.

Sanchez starting is all financial; Tebow was brought in to make the headlines that Woody craves. Maybe Braylon Edwards wasn't too far off!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    I hate this decision but the #1 reason why is because I think Sanchez will have a really good game, trying to make a statement after being benched and also facing a truly horrendous defense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Sanchez has already proven that he can play well against softer defenses, so the fact that Jax sucks is not going to help his confidence. It could do just the opposite.

If he struggles against this weak defense, what might that do to his confidence? This is a trap game for Sanchez, and my opinion is that if Rex cares about Sanchez as much as he claims to, he would have chosen to start GMAC.

There's nothing wrong with telling your QB, "Hey, take the week off and let things settle down a bit. Watch some film, and try to get some perspective. We'll get you back out there next week."

I'm a little disappointed that Rex is doing this, but not surprised.

That is because Rex is Rex!!! He lets his ego get in the way of making the right decision. He has been saying Mark is his guy.......he pushed for them to trade up and get him.....so he is going to sink or swim with him. I agree with you that it might be best to give him time to clear his head and figure out what is wrong. The problem here is they have babied Mark his entire career here. they NEVER had and competition behind him to push him.....he is a pretty boy......and his social life is all over the media. He needs to focus on football and not ***!!!! It would also be nice if he had some weapons around him!!! But that is on Tanny and Rex!!!!!

"It Is.....What It Is!!!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    I hate this decision but the #1 reason why is because I think Sanchez will have a really good game, trying to make a statement after being benched and also facing a truly horrendous defense
    by good game do you mean 16-23, 181yds, 1td 1int.....cuz thats the best this guys capable of

he doesnt have the balls to come out and play good cuz he got benched the guy is the definition of a *****, no heart at all

he showed this when he got benched just held the clipboard and kept writing notes, didnt show any frustration or passion that he just got benched thats how i know hes not gonna rebound he doesnt give a **** because hes a ***** and just wants to cry
    Last edited by JetsYanksDevils; 12-05-2012 at 11:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    The problem with that is that he most likely will have a great game......but that doesn't erase the number of bad games he has had!!!! People will be like..."Mark is back on track......" "He has found his game"....as they have done in the past. and then he will lay an egg the next two weeks!!! There is no consistancy to his game.

"It Is.....What It Is!!!"

vCash
    Rex: "The biggest thing I kept coming back to is who gives us the best opportunity to win."

vCash
    Rex: "I have to get this decision right and I believe I have."

vCash
    Rex on Sanchez: "He has to play better, he has to protect the ball better."

vCash
    Rex informed the QBs this morning in a meeting of his decision.

vCash
    Rex: "He took it to a higher level." on McElroy when he entered Sunday's game

vCash
    Rex: "He hasn't had that before." on Sanchez watching another qb from sideline. "Sometimes your view becomes clearer."

vCash
    Rex: "At the end of the day, I wanted to take the pulse of a lot of different people."

Rex said there were a difference in opinions among those he spoke to.

vCash
    Ryan: If I didn't feel confident Mark Sanchez could do job or take care of ball, would have made different decision on starter.

vCash
    Ryan said Sanchez' guaranteed money didn't factor into making Sanchez the starter.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast