Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    Last time you were wrong about basketball was the last time you said Melo is the second best player in the NBA, which was probably 20 minutes ago.
    U dont have to agree but iam def not wrong. Its an opinion after all Espns expers have him 17th who is closer to being right? #takenotesyoungin

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    University Campus!
    Posts
    6,466
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    U dont have to agree but iam def not wrong. Its an opinion after all Espns expers have him 17th who is closer to being right? #takenotesyoungin
    Never said you weren't allowed to have an opinion, only your opinion is wrong.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    64,375
    vCash
    500
    He's recovering from a major surgery and is adjusting to a new situation.

    We can use his poor FT shooting as "proof" that Bayless is right, but I don't think it's that cut and dry.

    Also, even if Bayless is right, he only originally said this stuff to be controversial. Everyone gets lucky every once in a while...Bayless does so less frequently than most though.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,767
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    U dont have to agree but iam def not wrong. Its an opinion after all Espns expers have him 17th who is closer to being right? #takenotesyoungin
    You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion sucks. To say something like "Melo is the second best player in the league", you have to have legitimate evidence to back that up. What evidence to you have? Lebron, Durant, Paul, Kobe (and others) numbers are far superior. And it's not like Melo's numbers have been great in the past or that he has team accomplishments to hang his hat on.

    Melo has played a bit better this year and New York as a team has played better. But if I'm making a list of the 10 best players in the NBA, I'm not sure he cracks my top 10.


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Kramer View Post
    Skip is an idiot. I know he's paid to be controversial, but can't he at least try to make it a little less obvious?
    In other words you want him to be boring. Got it!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion sucks. To say something like "Melo is the second best player in the league", you have to have legitimate evidence to back that up. What evidence to you have? Lebron, Durant, Paul, Kobe (and others) numbers are far superior. And it's not like Melo's numbers have been great in the past or that he has team accomplishments to hang his hat on.

    Melo has played a bit better this year and New York as a team has played better. But if I'm making a list of the 10 best players in the NBA, I'm not sure he cracks my top 10.
    top 10 lol cocaine is a helluvadrug. Kobe is jackin shots n his team is loseing i fu watch lakers games its easy to see that the other teams dont double kobe they let him go one on one and he gets his 30 and no1 else is involved. Lebron i admit is better as much as i hate him. Durant and Melo are neck and neck but Durant has alot more help so its tough to say if durant didnt have such a great team around him and the other teams focus was only on him how great would he be. Cp3 is great but give me a 6'8 bully who can beat u anywhere on the court over a little pg anytime look how deep clippers team is and the knicks record is better early. Melo should win his 2nd player of the month in a row. There should not even be a discussion about melo being ranked lower then 3 soon u will learn. #3tothedome

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    U dont have to agree but iam def not wrong. Its an opinion after all Espns expers have him 17th who is closer to being right? #takenotesyoungin

    why use # and then write without spacing? I've never seen this before and I'm starting to see it here at PSD.

    What does it mean?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    Never said you weren't allowed to have an opinion, only your opinion is wrong.
    my opnion is usually the fact before it happens. Look at Kevins love meaning less numbers get lower and lower as twolves start to win.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,767
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by Faneik View Post
    why use # and then write without spacing? I've never seen this before and I'm starting to see it here at PSD.

    What does it mean?
    It's a Twitter thing, man. If you want your tweets to get noticed, you add a "#" and type in something that will get it noticed within certain searches. For example, I cover high school sports and when I tweet from games, I tweet #txhsfb. It's very common among people who cover high school sports, so people are more likely to see my tweets.

    Edit: But it's worth noting that it has caught on outside of Twitter to become sort of a societal thing. People will do it on Facebook or other social networking sites. I've seen people do it often to make a joke.


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    It's a Twitter thing, man. If you want your tweets to get noticed, you add a "#" and type in something that will get it noticed within certain searches. For example, I cover high school sports and when I tweet from games, I tweet #txhsfb. It's very common among people who cover high school sports, so people are more likely to see my tweets.

    Edit: But it's worth noting that it has caught on outside of Twitter to become sort of a societal thing. People will do it on Facebook or other social networking sites. I've seen people do it often to make a joke.
    so if you use #, what you write after it becomes like a tag?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,672
    vCash
    1500
    Ok, now give him a cookie..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    23,724
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion sucks. To say something like "Melo is the second best player in the league", you have to have legitimate evidence to back that up. What evidence to you have? Lebron, Durant, Paul, Kobe (and others) numbers are far superior. And it's not like Melo's numbers have been great in the past or that he has team accomplishments to hang his hat on.

    Melo has played a bit better this year and New York as a team has played better. But if I'm making a list of the 10 best players in the NBA, I'm not sure he cracks my top 10.
    If your going by this season and how guys are playing right now and not their reps from the past, than your list would be bad, cause no way Melo is not top 10 right now.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

    "This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,767
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    top 10 lol cocaine is a helluvadrug. Kobe is jackin shots n his team is loseing i fu watch lakers games its easy to see that the other teams dont double kobe they let him go one on one and he gets his 30 and no1 else is involved.
    As much as I hate Kobe, you can't blame him for the team's failures or the coaches inability to plan for this roster. And his numbers this year are among the best in his entire career. He's without question a more efficient scorer this season than Melo.

    Durant and Melo are neck and neck but Durant has alot more help so its tough to say if durant didnt have such a great team around him and the other teams focus was only on him how great would he be.
    This is total crap. Durant's numbers are superior to Melo's in every feasible way. He's a better scorer, shooter, rebounder, distributor, shot blocker, defender and I bet he makes a better cup of tea, too. You're basing a player's skill or talent on how much talent is on his team. That's ********. If you do your job well and your coworkers also do their job well, does that mean you do your job less well? Of course not, and that's what argument you're trying to make.

    Cp3 is great but give me a 6'8 bully who can beat u anywhere on the court over a little pg anytime look how deep clippers team is and the knicks record is better early.
    Again, you're basing a player's skill on team success, which is totally ridiculous considering that Melo has never played in an NBA Finals game. Quit paying attention to the players around them and look solely at the players themselves. Melo scores and rebounds at a higher clip, but Paul's far more efficient and his distribution skills alone make him an absolutely better basketball player than Melo, whose AST/TO ratio is below 1.0. Pathetic.

    Melo should win his 2nd player of the month in a row. There should not even be a discussion about melo being ranked lower then 3 soon u will learn. #3tothedome
    I will learn nothing. Melo is not and probably has never been one of the five best players in the NBA. He is a high volume scorer with a wildly inconsistent outside shot who rarely passes and plays mediocre defense. His efficiency has improved this year thanks to his outside shot improving, but that will not last.


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    If your going by this season and how guys are playing right now and not their reps from the past, than your list would be bad, cause no way Melo is not top 10 right now.
    The hatred for Melo on this site is unreal. I wouldnt even bother trying to find a legit reason why some of these people think Melo is outside the top 10 this season.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,767
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by Faneik View Post
    so if you use #, what you write after it becomes like a tag?
    Exactly. Although people nowadays have a tendency to misuse it because they see it so much that they think it makes sense to use it in all situations.


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •