Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evan Turner

vCash

Evan Turner

What do you guys think of his play this year?

vCash
    Evan Turner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    What do you guys think of his play this year?
    I haven't seen a Philly game this year, but his numbers have certainly improved. With no Iggy, it was only a matter of time before Turner woke up and took a bigger role in the offense. But he's improving in areas that I thought he had to improve to be a legit offensive threat. First, he's shooting much better on the perimeter at .433 from beyond the arc. Secondly, he's getting to the line twice as much as last season and made a huge improvement on his shooting from the foul line. His efficiency needs to improve a little bit, but he's contributing in areas other than scoring in terms of rebounds and distribution.

Turner certainly isn't a star yet, but he's become a very good starting NBA wing, and there have been times in the past when people questioned whether that would ever happen.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 12-05-2012 at 12:05 PM.

vCash
    ealry favorite for most improved player i would imagine

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I haven't seen a Philly game this year, but his numbers have certainly improved. With no Iggy, it was only a matter of time before Turner woke up and took a bigger role in the offense. But he's improving in areas that I thought he had to improve to be a legit offensive thread. First, he's shooting much better on the perimeter at .433 from beyond the arc. Secondly, he's getting to the line twice as much as last season and made a huge improvement on his shooting from the foul line. His efficiency needs to improve a little bit, but he's contributing in areas other than scoring in terms of rebounds and distribution.

Turner certainly isn't a star yet, but he's become a very good starting NBA wing, and there have been times in the past when people questioned whether that would ever happen.
    For someone who hasn't seen him play you've basically hit the nail sqaurely on the head.

He is an improved shooter but his shot selection is still pretty painful to look at. He chucks too many long twos of the dribble which really isn't a strong point for him. He has improved quite handsomely on the corner three and has become one of if not our best free throw shooter. Many 76ers fans were down on his play to start the season and even gave up on him being a starter. I wasn't ready to do so as I saw him improving in one aspect or the other every night he got on the floor. He isn't going to live up to the hype he got coming out of college or to his 2nd overall pick status IMO but he will be a solid contributor on a playoff team as a starter and a quality #3 option.

Even in his bad games offensively we've seen him show us some glimmer of hope either it be with his play making, his clutch play, his ability to get to the paint and draw contact etc. He is guilty of on occasions attempting to get contact on occasions where he could have just as easily of stuffed it but he's still learning so he may be able to get a better understanding of when how to balance it out.

I don't see Turner as a all star so much but I do see him as solid role player and a quality #3 option on offense.

vCash
    solid role player.

vCash
    He'll have a good game and get your confidence up, then he'll turn around and **** on your fantasy team posting negative points....that's evan turner

vCash
    ^good evaluation...

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    He's playing with more confidence and he finally looks comfortable playing in the league. His newly discovered reliable corner three point shot adds a whole new dimension to his game. He's getting to the line more. And he's taken on a lot more responsibilities in the offense with Iguodala and Lou Will out of the picture. As always, he's still an elite rebounder for his position.

He still finds ways to frustrate you though. For all his improvements, he'll still make a horrible pass every now and then that leaves you scratching your head. He'll make a great move to the basket, cutting through the defense, only to brick the lay up in a situation where any other NBA player would make the basket with their eyes closed. And he's still very inconsistent, although he's been improving on that greatly as this season has gone on.

vCash
    Ive seen a couple of games and hes looked awful. But I look at his stats and they arent that bad. Considering the team results, Im not impressed by any means with his offensive development. But as has been said, he was a trainwreck to start the year and has begun to come around.

I like his D tho

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    He wears number 12 and shoots the ball.

vCash
    Has Turner always had that high of a 3 point percentage?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    Has Turner always had that high of a 3 point percentage?
    Nope he worked really hard on his shooting. We thought it wasn't paying dividends but we're seeing this season that it actually is. His shooting from the corners and when he gets to line has really been solid and he's taking more shots from those areas as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Nope he worked really hard on his shooting. We thought it wasn't paying dividends but we're seeing this season that it actually is. His shooting from the corners and when he gets to line has really been solid and he's taking more shots from those areas as well.
    That's sick. Good for him, I always liked him. I'd love to see him starting at the two permanently for a team averaging like 18 and 8 - I think that'd be really cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swashcuff View Post
    for someone who hasn't seen him play you've basically hit the nail sqaurely on the head.

He is an improved shooter but his shot selection is still pretty painful to look at. He chucks too many long twos of the dribble which really isn't a strong point for him. He has improved quite handsomely on the corner three and has become one of if not our best free throw shooter. Many 76ers fans were down on his play to start the season and even gave up on him being a starter. I wasn't ready to do so as i saw him improving in one aspect or the other every night he got on the floor. He isn't going to live up to the hype he got coming out of college or to his 2nd overall pick status imo but he will be a solid contributor on a playoff team as a starter and a quality #3 option.

Even in his bad games offensively we've seen him show us some glimmer of hope either it be with his play making, his clutch play, his ability to get to the paint and draw contact etc. He is guilty of on occasions attempting to get contact on occasions where he could have just as easily of stuffed it but he's still learning so he may be able to get a better understanding of when how to balance it out.

I don't see turner as a all star so much but i do see him as solid role player and a quality #3 option on offense.
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast