Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

Silver Linings Playbook

The football stuff is trivial only if your somewhat of a perfectionist would it bother you.

vCash
    the common person watching the film has little idea about the football stuff but it was a great movie, very surprised as i wasnt expecting it to be that good

vCash
    Just finished watching it. Holy cow was it a great film, i see all the hype. Loved every performance like you guys did but it was especially good to see Chris Tucker. Small role but i think he did very well.

vCash
    ****ing loved it. I love Jen Law now, I hope that she doesn't get fat, she looks like she might get fat in the future.
    Last edited by papirico52; 01-19-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    It was really, really good.

vCash
    I've seen all the nominees now save Les Mis and my vote is for this movie.

Utterly phenomenal movie. Like Ian said the acting all around was impeccable.

I was also happy for the happy ending.

vCash
    Also not trying to hate but while De'Niro was good not sure his role is Oscar worthy.

vCash
    Yeah, I loved this movie. Completely blew my expectations away. I have problems getting distracted when watching movies at home, but I didn't touch my phone or computer once during it. It had my attention the whole time. Very well done.

The ending was cliche, and it was obvious, but it worked and still felt right/good.

Great acting all around. Never was a huge Lawrence fan (acting-wise, or even *gasp* looks wise) but she was great and I'm now a big fan. Cooper was phenomenal too.

vCash
    I love everything about Jennifer Lawrence.

I need to see this ASAP. Probably Monday night.

vCash
    i thought lawrence was incredible, cooper was really good and de niro was just good (that sounds like a knock on his performance, but it's really not... he just wasn't oscar-worthy).

as a character study, this movie was excellent. as a plot piece, it was boring at times. watching it as the former, rather than the latter, i'd say it was an 8.3/10 (or basically in between a B and B+ on the grading scale).
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    i couldn't believe they let the seattle/eagles game score error slip like that. it was so blatant and bad. great movie, but man that struck me as soon as she said it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i couldn't believe they let the seattle/eagles game score error slip like that. it was so blatant and bad. great movie, but man that struck me as soon as she said it.
    yeah, that was a pretty bad continuity error, but considering the sports angle was like .0000000001% of the film's purpose, i let it slide.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Brillant movie

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    I want to see this. I'll just wait until it comes out on dvd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Saw this yesterday because it's been getting some Oscar buzz. Really good. Seems kind of odd to make a romantic dramedy that's simultaneously about sports fandom, gambling, dancing and mental illness but it's really well done. Great acting by Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro and Chris Tucker. My only major issue was that they got the football stuff completely wrong. The TV said McNabb was Philly's QB, then they went to a game and there were Vick and Asomugha jerseys, then the mom wore a Kevin Kolb jersey. Pick a ****ing timeframe. Otherwise very solid movie, definitely worth seeing.
    They did get the 44-6 game right, unfortunately. Great movie though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12