Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Silver Linings Playbook

Saw this yesterday because it's been getting some Oscar buzz. Really good. Seems kind of odd to make a romantic dramedy that's simultaneously about sports fandom, gambling, dancing and mental illness but it's really well done. Great acting by Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro and Chris Tucker. My only major issue was that they got the football stuff completely wrong. The TV said McNabb was Philly's QB, then they went to a game and there were Vick and Asomugha jerseys, then the mom wore a Kevin Kolb jersey. Pick a ****ing timeframe. Otherwise very solid movie, definitely worth seeing.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    I wanna see this movie......... I love McNabb BTW.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    I have no interest in seeing it but I do know that Jennifer Lawrence looked fine as hell in the previews.

vCash
    Caught a screening of this last week. Yes she looked great in it. Her acting was brilliant too. Both of them really.

Had a Garden State kinda feel to it. Really loved it.

Probably my 2nd fav movie of the year so far, behind Moonrise Kingdom.

vCash
    Jennifer Lawrence.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Caught a screening of this last week. Yes she looked great in it. Her acting was brilliant too. Both of them really.

Had a Garden State kinda feel to it. Really loved it.

Probably my 2nd fav movie of the year so far, behind Moonrise Kingdom.
    nice sig. I live in Canada and i hear that all the time, i can't imagine how it is with the US news stations.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I have no interest in seeing it but I do know that Jennifer Lawrence looked fine as hell in the previews.
    this

vCash
    I had zero interest in seeing this because I just can't stand Bradley Cooper, but I do love Jennifer Lawrence and well I have been a DeNiro fan forever, then it got Oscar buzz and decided to go check it out and all I have to say I am glad I did.

1. Bradley Cooper was phenomenal, so I have to give props to the guy. He actually seems like he could be a good actor going forward.

2. Jennifer Lawrence is just amazing, not only is she smoking hot and drop dead sexy, but she can act, unlike so many young actresses that are just hot and have zero talent.

3. DeNiro was excellent as well and t me he does no wrong.

4. Chris Tucker was funny and no over the top like he is, was surprised when I saw him in the movie.

5. This movie does have a Garden State feel to it and just like that movie I loved the main actress in it and hated the main actor in it as well.

6. My only gripe is the cheesy typical ending.

7. Like 500 days of summer and Garden State this is one of those few romantic comedies that are really well done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I had zero interest in seeing this because I just can't stand Bradley Cooper, but I do love Jennifer Lawrence and well I have been a DeNiro fan forever, then it got Oscar buzz and decided to go check it out and all I have to say I am glad I did.

1. Bradley Cooper was phenomenal, so I have to give props to the guy. He actually seems like he could be a good actor going forward.

2. Jennifer Lawrence is just amazing, not only is she smoking hot and drop dead sexy, but she can act, unlike so many young actresses that are just hot and have zero talent.

4. Chris Tucker was funny and no over the top like he is, was surprised when I saw him in the movie.

5. This movie does have a Garden State feel to it and just like that movie I loved the main actress in it and hated the main actor in it as well.

7. Like 500 days of summer and Garden State this is one of those few romantic comedies that are really well done.
    Fully agree.. great movie and is one of those romantic dramadies the dudes shouldn't mind watching with their ladies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Fully agree.. great movie

One of those romantic dramedies that if your lady asks you to watch with her, you go for it

vCash
    Just watched it. Great movie.

vCash
    Was pleasantly surprised with this.

I will agree that the ending is a little cliché, but overall the movie was very good and the acting was terrific.

vCash
    A chick flick? No thanks.

Looks turrable. /CharlesBarkleyVoice/
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    My only major issue was that they got the football stuff completely wrong. The TV said McNabb was Philly's QB, then they went to a game and there were Vick and Asomugha jerseys, then the mom wore a Kevin Kolb jersey. Pick a ****ing timeframe. Otherwise very solid movie, definitely worth seeing.
    This drove me absolutely insane. At one point they're watching an Eagles/Seahawks game and DeNiro says the score and its something like 27-10 Eagles, then later Jennifer Lawrence is rattling off all the games they won while she and Cooper were together and she says they beat the Seahawks 14-9 or something like that. Also in the scene where Cooper is reading the letter from Nikki they keep doing different cuts where his chain is hanging out of his shirt, then its in it, then its back out - over the course of like 30 seconds. If you want your film to be a serious contender for Academy Awards, you don't allow a ton of little continuity issues like that.

Despite all that, I still liked it. And like some others, I've never cared for Cooper as an actor at all and this movie might've swayed me. I can atleast entertain the thought of taking him seriously now.

Final thought is I wish they would've thrown in something, anything unexpected for the ending. For awhile they had me thinking Nikki had been dead the whole time and they just couldn't tell him for fear of how he might react. That would've been a nice little twist to parallel his character to Lawrence's that still could've allowed for pretty much the same ending they went with.

7.5/10 for me.

vCash
    The acting was phenomenal by almost all of the people in this.

I don't think it's nearly one of DeNiro's best but he was solid. Not sure I'd even have him up for supporting actor but it wasn't bad.

I'd have no issue if it swept.
    I'm In.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast