Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash

Giants are out of money

I would actually be pretty stoked if we got reed Johnson. I always liked him. The best option we have given our payroll unless we strike up a trade

vCash
    At his age, he should be inexpensive. He's also a great pinch hitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    I think that the giants still get swisher to AAS a little more than Pagans, but for 3 years. How often does San Francisco get HITTERS who WANT to play there? Sabean has to at least check in some more.. If Swisher really wants to play in SF, he will have to take closer to $10m per year rather than the $15m per year he was hoping for. But I really think he is a giant considering he WANTS to play here, and he is the nearest to perfect player for the Giants available (not just this offseason, including over the past couple seasons, ha)
    I hope your right brother and this is how Iam thinking. Sabean needs to reach down and make sure he still has a pair. Who cares about an extra 10 million if its going to make your team BETTER. It's sad to see a team just give up. I'm sick of the due diligence and tire kicking. Just because we squeaked out a World Series doesn't mean we will do it again with the same avg players at certain positions. Andres Torres is a perfect example. Guys like him and blanco r made to be 4th OF. Giving them a starting role is asanine and makes them look ignorant. Yeah both players had a few clutch hits and made some solid defensive plays, but this doesn't mean you just give them a position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tadmanny View Post
    I hope your right brother and this is how Iam thinking. Sabean needs to reach down and make sure he still has a pair. Who cares about an extra 10 million if its going to make your team BETTER. It's sad to see a team just give up. I'm sick of the due diligence and tire kicking. Just because we squeaked out a World Series doesn't mean we will do it again with the same avg players at certain positions. Andres Torres is a perfect example. Guys like him and blanco r made to be 4th OF. Giving them a starting role is asanine and makes them look ignorant. Yeah both players had a few clutch hits and made some solid defensive plays, but this doesn't mean you just give them a position.
    Giants not signing Swisher wouldn't be Sabean's fault. He has strict financial guidelines and he can't make Swisher sign for 2 mil.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I dont think the decision is Sabean's to spend as much as he wants. He has a budget to work with.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    So it's $78m for 3 players over 3 years. That's $26m/year for the World Series champion about to get $25m/yr in national TV deal and they're OUT of money?

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

vCash
    Some of it is probably saved for Posey's blank check

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pointer View Post
    So it's $78m for 3 players over 3 years. That's $26m/year for the World Series champion about to get $25m/yr in national TV deal and they're OUT of money?
    They're not out of money, they're at budget. "Out of money" is a poor choice of words, they've got PLENTY of money.

vCash
    Edited the thread title due to poor choice of words.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Credit to Tkellion for finding this, but:

The Giants still could use a left fielder. Though signing Scutaro might push the Giants' payroll budget toward its limits, around $140 million, club officials indicated that wouldn't necessarily eliminate chances of adding another player. One candidate could be outfielder Nick Swisher, who was rumored to have San Francisco atop his wish list. Swisher would fit neatly into left field -- probably as a regular, but possibly as a switch-hitting complement to left-handed-batting Gregor Blanco.

Evans didn't address Swisher specifically, but acknowledged that Giants general manager Brian Sabean welcomes performers who sincerely wish to join the organization.

"Brian's always had a bias toward players who want to come here," Evans said. "Players who want to be Giants get long, long looks."

Evans indicated that the Giants could accommodate another free agent after re-signing Scutaro.

"Ownership's been very supportive of responding to the needs that we have and the opportunities that come," Evans said. "That's been a consistent theme."

Listening to Evans speak, president and chief executive officer Larry Baer concurred.

"That's the mantra -- to do what needs to be done to get back [to the World Series]," Baer said.

Swisher, 32, owns a career batting average of .256 and has hit at least 21 home runs in each of his eight full Major League seasons, including the last four with the New York Yankees. He gained familiarity with the Bay Area by playing 2004-07 with Oakland.
    http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/n...ews_sf&c_id=sf

Maybe all of this **** is premature.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post

Not going to get my hopes up...but I'm not gonna lie that this made me a little

Sitting On Top of the Pedestal!!!!
    TEAMS: SF GIANTS/GS WARRIORS/NL ARSENAL/SF NINERS/ HI WARRIORS

vCash
    Edited the thread title due to poor choice of words.
    Thanks, that makes me feel better

vCash

ray: Spend money, you bastards!

vCash
    Reed Johnson would be cool. SF would love him.

As for Swisher ray:

vCash

From my calculations/projections the Giants are at 131 million for 21 players. They were cheap in their raise of payroll this year, especially after all the money they made from the WS run.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast