Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    two solutions

1) put up railings (have the part where the doors open have a gate at the railings, or no railings in those specific spots) (also, people would be able to grab the railing and use that to climb up)

2) have the train slow down before it gets to its destination, so its going like 5mph when it comes into its stop
    A third is to have signs up people can read so they know what to actually do if they are in that situation

vCash
    May he R.I.P.

vCash
    I also thought of that railing idea. The trains always stop at the same location every time. So why not just have barriers in the areas where the train doors aren't located?

vCash
    "The announcement had come over the loudspeaker that the train was coming and out of the periphery of my eye, I saw a body flying through the air and onto the track.

"I just started running. I had my camera up it wasnt even set to the right settings and I just kept shooting and flashing, hoping the train driver would see something and be able to stop.

"I had no idea what I was shooting. Im not even sure it was registering with me what was happening. I was just looking at that train coming."
    This is ********. He wanted the shot and he got it. If anything his flash probably distracted the train operator from noticing anyone was down there. The fact that this photographer is getting a bonus or raise for getting "the shot of the year" and not trying to save the guy is recockulous.

vCash
    Heard in passing on the news that the guy who pushed him was some Homeless drifter. Dont know if I heard right or not and dont have a source though

vCash
    ^He confessed. Apparently he was actually a street vendor

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...ref=obinsource

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Or... Just don't push people on the tracks. This case would have likely happened if #1 was implemented

And for #2, it would slow the system down too much. And in any case, a person would die if a train hit them, at any speed
    you could out run it down the tracks at 5 miles an hour though
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    I guarantee they sold a **** ton of papers (far more than usual) which is all they really care about
    thats whats wrong with us today. the most hrrifying stories are the only ones people car eenough to read about. if the front page was something like man donates millions to charity, no one would care to read it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Allegedly? Erm

Nah some buzzed asian dude tried to break up a fight and the other dude threw him onto the tracks...for some reason beyond my understanding having a nip on your persons and being tossed into an oncoming train makes you at fault?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    A third is to have signs up people can read so they know what to actually do if they are in that situation
    Anyone with a brain would just duck underneath the platform if a train was that close.

Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    ^He confessed. Apparently he was actually a street vendor

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...ref=obinsource
    In NYC, there's almost no difference between being a street vendor and being a homeless person.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Supposively the guy who confessed looks nothing like the guy caught on tape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    you could out run it down the tracks at 5 miles an hour though
    America!

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    Supposively the guy who confessed looks nothing like the guy caught on tape
    You know what they say...

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    That is just a crazy situation right there. Sad that guy lost his life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Anyone with a brain would just duck underneath the platform if a train was that close.
    People don't always think logically in fight or flight situations like that. If they have signs that they see everyday while waiting for trains then the correct behaviour is more likely to me instinctual.

In NYC, there's almost no difference between being a street vendor and being a homeless person.
    Lol good point

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast