Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tennessee Titans (4-7) vs Houston Texas (10-1)

Just a generic game thread.

Its not looking too good right off the bat. Matt Schaub goes 4-5 for 78 yards and a touchdown on the opening drive.

vCash
    Well. Its now 4-8 as the Texans win 24-10.

- JJ Watt is the best defensive player in the league. His numbers aren't far behind the entire Titans defense in terms of sacks and passes deflected LOL

- Rough.... Rough.... Rough.... ROUGH day for Jake Locker. I know he toughed it out there at the end and made some plays late despite getting hit nearly every other play. But he started off the day really bad his throws were all over the place.

- We better go ahead and start drafting offensive linemen in the draft. Did you guys see how terrible they were with Roos and Stewart out of the game? They were holding every other play and Jake Locker nearly died out there from all those hits. I still have the visual in my head of JJ Watt being double-teamed by 2 offensive linemen and pushing both of them back and getting the sack.

- 8 dropped passes by the receivers today. And when I say receivers I mean Kendall Wright and Kenny Britt.

- The Texans showed mercy in the 2nd half as they let off the gas and went real vanilla trying to finish out the game.

- The Titans got spared on some bad calls. There was the fumble where they ruled the Texans down and he guy never even came remotely close to being down and it should have been a touchdown.

- Another bad game by Michael Griffin as he had as many missed tackles as he did actual tackles.

- Very unimpressed with new offensive coordinator. As the commentators repeatedly said the Texans were rushing up the middle and batting passes and making it tough on Locker to see down the field. Yet they didn't do anything until the 4th quarter to get Locker out on the edges or work the short passing game. You have Nate Washington, Kendall Wright and Chris Johnson how about some screens for a change....

- Jared Cook got more playing time.

vCash
    I was listening to it on the radio and watched a good portion of the second half. Locker impressed me at times, but other times he looked like a disaster. But I attribute so much of that to the receivers being awful and the offensive line doing a horrible job blocking the simplest of pressures. If he had had time to throw and the receivers had done their freaking jobs, he would have passed for 400 yards and multiple scores, because the Texans secondary was really banged up. I also was unimpressed with the new OC. There were a few plays I was very pleased with and I was happy that they gave Locker room to try and do his thing and make plays. But like Steelcity said, they were not doing enough to get him outside the pocket in play action and the Texans batted down way too many passes.

Defensively, it was a mixed pick. I thought they did a terrific job against the Texans running game and I felt like the linebackers did a much better job in coverage over the middle than they have in the past. But that Lestar Jean touchdown sucked and the Titans had another piss poor game in terms of getting pressure on the QB. Still, if the defense kept them close enough in the game that if the offense had played better, you feel like they could have won. Not getting touchdowns on those two drives in the red zone in the fourth quarter killed them, because it was still very a much a football game at that point.

The rest of the season, I think everyone needs to be competing like their jobs are on the line, because their jobs SHOULD be on the line. This is now their sixth loss by at least 14 points, and there is absolutely no excuse for that. There are really only three positive things I can say after this game. 1. As bad as Locker's numbers are, he was definitely able to make plays when it mattered and I thought he looked pretty solid at times in the second half. 2. The defense played fairly well despite not having Colin McCarthy in the lineup. 3. If the draft began today, the Titans would be picking seventh and they desperately need an impact defensive linemen, of which there are plenty in this draft.

vCash
    Considering all of the injuries they had, I thought the game was closer than the score. Losing two of your best OL will change a lot about how your offense runs for sure. Right now I cant help but think we are playing for draft position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullTitan View Post
    Considering all of the injuries they had, I thought the game was closer than the score. Losing two of your best OL will change a lot about how your offense runs for sure. Right now I cant help but think we are playing for draft position.
    Yeah, but the Texans were sitting an number of key players themselves, including two starting offensive linemen. They had three of their best defensive backs out for the game, a starting inside linebacker and both of their starters on the right side of their o-line out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, but the Texans were sitting an number of key players themselves, including two starting offensive linemen. They had three of their best defensive backs out for the game, a starting inside linebacker and both of their starters on the right side of their o-line out.
    Point taken but they are a better team at this point injuries or not. Sitting players isn't as big of a factor when your reserves are better than some of our starters. When a below average team turns into a MASH unit, it will get ugly quick.

vCash
    As sad as it sounds, I almost think that the best thing that could happen for this franchise is for them to lose the last four games, get a top five pick, fire the entire coaching staff and start from scratch. I'm terrified that they'll somehow win three of these last four, go 7-9, make Bud Adams think twice about changing up his coaching staff and end up with a pick out of the top 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    As sad as it sounds, I almost think that the best thing that could happen for this franchise is for them to lose the last four games, get a top five pick, fire the entire coaching staff and start from scratch. I'm terrified that they'll somehow win three of these last four, go 7-9, make Bud Adams think twice about changing up his coaching staff and end up with a pick out of the top 10.
    Its possible they have Indy, Jets, Packers and Jags left and I could see them finding ways to beat Indy, Jets and Jags. But I think they will go 2-2 and finish 6-10.