Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    He probably went to go **** all the sexy *****es in Mexico because that's where they're at!

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    looool
    Best part of the article, haha.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    haha rondos a troll.
    dont think he liked that guy in purple too much

vCash
    I hate him but I find this amusing

vCash
    Is no one bothered by him saying he hopes he isn't winded? Sounds like he didn't workout in his time off. That's not being a leader or a good teammate. I don't care what he does but saying that is pretty weak

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    I hate him but I find this amusing
    how can you hate somebody you have never met?

vCash
    It's stuff like this why Rondo will never ever be considered a leader

He's a punk

NT of the Future

vCash
    Lmao, he was probably baked as **** in this interview.

vCash
    Personally I don't think this is a big deal, besides his teammates and Coach were probably glad of the break. However just to review some of Rondo's REAL screw-ups I've thoughtfully put together this montage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Yup. it's not like Paul Pierce or KG some TRUE leaders ever got thrown out of a playoff game or anything...
    Time to dust this off. I haven't updated for his last 3 suspensions, his fight with Maxwell, breaking film equipment at the training facility, or his demanding a cameraman stop filming him (the cameraman was working within the rules BTW):

Happy reading, then go ahead and make a case that Pierce or KG were ever as childish as Rondo on/off the floor, or as erratic on the floor. Good luck

Here are some pieces on Rondo:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb..._critical.html

Celtics GM Danny Ainge revealed on Wednesday that Rajon Rondo was fined by the team for being late to games last year. Additionally, ESPN's Chad Ford has heard that Doc Rivers finds Rondo "stubborn" and "impossible to coach."

The Celtics recently included Rondo in a low-ball trade offer to the Pistons, and it looks like they're trying to unload him before he becomes a restricted free agent next summer. Ainge said bluntly, "[Rondo's] presence hurt us in winning right now because [against Orlando in the playoffs] his man went and doubled onto Ray [Allen] and Paul [Pierce] and made it difficult for us." Ainge doesn't feel Rondo deserves a max contract, and his trade value is probably at its peak, so expect his name to continue surfacing throughout the summer. Jun. 24 - 11:54 am et

http://dimemag.com/2009/06/the-celti...h-rajon-rondo/

If you’re just watching the games, you’ve got to be wondering why on Earth the Celtics are even considering trading Rajon Rondo. The 23-year-old already has one championship ring as Boston’s starting point guard, and in this year’s playoff run, showed his potential as a true franchise player, becoming a triple-double machine and someone who can take over a game when needed.

So why do you keep hearing that the Celtics are offering Rondo in trades and that they aren’t exactly eager to sign him to a long-term extension this summer? In a radio interview that was recapped in the Boston Globe, Danny Ainge shed some light:

“We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Ainge was also critical of Rondo’s play during the Celtics’ second-round loss to the Magic.

“As we saw in the Orlando series, they left him wide open,” Ainge said. “His presence hurt us in winning right now because his man went and doubled onto Ray [Allen] and Paul [Pierce] and made it difficult for us.”

Ainge said Rondo wasn’t “that disruptive of a player,” but that he still hasn’t fully matured.

“He’s got to grow up in some cases, and I think he is, too,” Ainge said. “Slowly but surely Rondo is maturing. He’s getting a little bit more control over his emotions and he’s responding in a more positive way as he gets older and more mature in the league. We certainly would not trade him because of those things. We really need him as our point guard to be a leader than someone who thinks more of himself at times.”

Ainge added that the Celtics aren’t actively trying to unload Rondo, but with the above comments, plus ESPN’s report that Doc Rivers called Rondo “stubborn” and “impossible to coach,” it’s obvious he’s far from untouchable.

http://sportsofboston.com/2009/06/27...ndo-situation/

Rajon Rondo is a terrible, if not horrifying, free throw shooter. If there is one thing to be learned from the Orlando Magic’s colossal failure in the 2009 finals, (they could have won it, they should have won it), it is that when the game’s on the line you need great free throw shooters. The most important player on the court at the end of games is the one bringing the ball up the court, the point guard. Rondo ranks dead last amongst point guards in free throw shooting. After watching Dwight Howard clank those two brick in the infamous Game 4, this is cause for major concern, not just a small flaw.

Rajon Rondo is a bad jump shooter. When Rondo gets left open for a jump shot it’s like watching a math nerd at a high school dance: a girl finally starts talking to him and all he can come up with to say is, “your hair looks nice.” Yeah that’ll get you to second base, buck-o. He needs work, ‘nuff said.

Rajon Rondo can be erratic. As good as he was in the Chicago series, Rondo was equally inconsistent and unhinged in the Orlando series. This doesn’t really concern me, he’ll learn to make better decisions the longer he’s in the league.

Rajon Rondo can be a pain in the ***. Doc has said it himself, some of the players don’t like playing with Rondo’s demanding, diminutive style of leadership. Doc has also claimed that Rondo can be hard to coach. This could develop into a problem, but so far rumblings of it have been pretty quiet.

http://www.clublakers.com/nba-discus...h-t112945.html

Rajon Rondo is definitely on the market. I'm told he's very hard for Doc Rivers to coach, and that while Rondo gets along OK with his teammates, he's far from a great teammate. The fear in Boston is that if Rondo's this difficult to handle on a rookie-scale salary, he's going to be a monster once he gets big money.

One GM told me, "They won a championship with this guy and he's coming off a tremendous playoff performance ... and they're looking to trade him. That tells you how bad things are."

Rondo's issues at University of Kentucky 2005-2006:

http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/s...t=67298&page=2

After reading Top of the World by Peter May, chronicling the Celtics' championship season, I came to the realization that Rondo has had "issues" taking direction.

The book stated that, "Rondo was emotional, stubborn, and not easy to coach; he needed to mature and had not fit in well at Kentucky."
    This was a definite red flag for me entering the 2008 season.

Further indications were Rondo's several post-game interviews in which his comments often contradicted that of coach Doc Rivers.

Doc and Rondo's differences seemed to become more public when Rivers gave an interview to The Eagle Tribune on June 7.

When Doc was asked if he considered Rondo an All-Star, he replied, "Rondo still has a lot of growth ahead of him. As great as his numbers were, as great as he played at times, guys still fell off him to double team."

Doc furthered his argument by going into detail, "Guys don't fall off of an All-Star to help with someone else. He has to make them pay for that by hitting his shot."

Doc went on to state that, "Rondo has a healthy ego."

Like I said he plays great at times but still has a lot of work ahead of him. There are multiple quotes about his attitude issues both in the NBA and at UK.

Rondo's many issues on and off the court 2010:

http://www.celticstown.com/2010/08/2...ndo-struggles/

Rajon Rondo started for Team USA, as he has every game. But he was far from his best, looking sloppy and uninvolved on the offensive end. On one occasion, Rondo stole the ball from his Lithuanian counterpart and had a wide open lane to the hoop. Instead of dribbling in for an easy dunk or layup, Rondo spun and left a pass for the trailing Rudy Gay. While the play was unselfish, it was undoubtedly flawed; unlike Rondo, Gay was covered by a defender. Gay was fouled, and instead of an easy bucket Team USA was forced to take the ball out of bounds. As strange as that sequence was, it typified Rondo’s uneven and lackadaisical offensive play. I’m not sure what his stat line is (the box score is oddly missing from anywhere on the internet), but I can promise you one thing: It wasn’t pretty. (Update: He had 2 points, 2 rebounds, 0 assists and, if you can read Spanish, you’ll be able to tell me how many turnovers.)

Despite the poor (piss-poor?) offense, Rondo was a menace defensively. When he was in the game, the Lithuanian point guards barely even wanted to dribble the ball up court. On a roster like Team USA’s, where Rondo isn’t forced to play 40+ minutes and carry an offensive load, he can really take advantage of his ability to apply defensive pressure. Full court D, chest in his opponent’s mug, shadowing his opponent’s every move: Those things are exactly what Coach K wants him to do and precisely what Rondo has been doing. You almost feel bad for the players Rondo defends. If the Lithuanians were chewing gum, in the words of the immortal Norman Dale, Rondo definitely knew the flavor.

But that doesn’t mean he played well. Even though his defense was outstanding, that’s only half the game. And on the other half of the court, Rondo almost looked like he had taken twelve turns on the dizzy bat right before the game. He simply didn’t have it. On one play he threw a cross-court bounce pass directly to a Lithuanian. On another he fell down on his way to the hoop and lost possession. Generally, he looked a lot less like the real Rajon Rondo than I expected.

While Rondo struggled, two USA guards who were supposedly on the cut bubble played great basketball. Russell Westbrook earned Player of the Game honors with his tenacious, fearless play on both ends, and Eric Gordon battled in the passing lanes to notch deflections and steals and displayed his impressive nose for scoring the ball. Both needed great performances to keep their hopes of making Team USA alive. Both delivered the goods. Westbrook even played so well that he started the second half in Rondo’s place.

In case you couldn’t tell, today’s game is one Rondo would probably rather forget.

Note: Shortly after this game, rather then be cut, Rondo claimed a family issue and quit the team.

March 28, 2011:

http://www.celticstown.com/2011/03/2...o-being-rondo/

Now Rondo’s best friend Kendrick Perkins has been traded, and the loss might have been enough to send Rondo into a tailspin. The Perkins trade probably isn’t the only reason for Rondo’s recent slump; hell, it might not even be a reason. But listen to Rondo explain a week ago what it’s been like to deal with his friend’s departure:

“It’s a mix and match of things,” he said slowly. “I haven’t been playing well. Aches and pains. And we had the trade with Perk [Kendrick Perkins].

“He’s a guy I spent a lot of time with. I’m not saying that’s why I’m playing bad. You just appreciate somebody more when they’re gone.

“We were best friends. We’re talking more now than we did when he was here. It’s been tough. I know other guys have been through it, but I haven’t.

“We went through everything together, right from the beginning. I missed the USA basketball camp so I could be at his wedding.

“When we were on the road, there was never any question we’d be hanging out together. It was ‘What are we going to do tonight?’ or ‘Let’s go here and there.’ So now it’s a little different.

“I’m not saying I’m no lost puppy. He didn’t die or anything. But he’s a good person.”

So is Rondo hurt? Missing Perk? Disillusioned by something, maybe because he lost his Connect Four set or the Celtics’ locker manager forgot to leave two packs of Big League Chew in his locker? All of the above?

May 4th 2011:

http://www.nesn.com/2011/05/celtics-...l-of-east.html

Rajon Rondo is looking more like the hardheaded, uncoachable rookie he was five years ago, as cameras caught him excusing himself from a team huddle and ignoring and escaping the grasp of captain Paul Pierce in the first half in Game 2. After averaging 19 points, 12 assists and eight rebounds in the C's first-round sweep of the Knicks, those numbers have dropped to 14 points, 9.5 assists and 6.5 rebounds -- and even those numbers indicate he's having a bigger impact than he really is. Some of that can be attributed to his nagging back pain, but the attitude he showed during that timeout was downright inexcusable. There's also this photo, which just doesn't help. <see the article>

"death in family"

TEAM USA BASKETBALL
    Death in family causes Rondo to leave team for a day

By A. Sherrod Blakely
    CSNNE.com

NEW YORK A death in the family kept Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo from practicing with Team USA on Wednesday.

While this is a time of mourning for the 6-foot-1 guard, it's clear that he's eager to return back to the court.

"Rondo had to leave because his uncle passed in Kentucky," said Jerry Colangelo, managing director of the USA Basketball Men's Senior National Team. "He'll be back tonight."

... TEAM USA BASKETBALL

By A. Sherrod Blakely
    CSNNE.com

NEW YORK A death in the family kept Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo from practicing with Team USA on Wednesday.

While this is a time of mourning for the 6-foot-1 guard, it's clear that he's eager to return back to the court.

"Rondo had to leave because his uncle passed in Kentucky," said Jerry Colangelo, managing director of the USA Basketball Men's Senior National Team. "He'll be back tonight."

Rondo is one of 15 finalists vying for a roster spot on the Team USA squad that will compete in the World Championships in Turkey later this month.

While the competition is tight, Colangelo said Rondo's absence won't have any bearing on his status with the team.

"We have to be flexible, and things happen," Colangelo said. "You kind of roll with things like that. He should have been where he is, when something like that (a death in the family) happens."

Rondo does a good job of keeping his emotions in check. But even he acknowledges that being part of Team USA is prety cool.

"I'm excited to be here. It's definitely an honor," Rondo said following Tuesday's practice. "It's something you can be proud of the rest of your life."

Then 13 days later:

“I think I’m on the bubble,” Rondo told ESPN.com. “Just looking at the obvious — I got a DNP last game. That pretty much speaks for itself.”

Maybe we should have known something was fishy when Rajon Rondo somehow went from starter to DNP-coach’s decision in the space of 24 hours during USA Basketball’s exhibition tour in Europe, writes ESPNBoston.com’s Peter May.

Team USA is competing this year without a single member of the so-called Redeem Team that won the gold medal at the 2008 Olympics, but other strong teams are missing prominent players, too, writes ESPN.com’s Chris Sheridan.

Just a couple hours later at the team hotel, after a meeting with the coaching staff and the team hierarchy, Rondo had a one-way plane ticket back to the United States.

There would be no need for a final cut, with Rondo withdrawing from the team.

So his uncle dies, he plans to miss one day which is what he told his coaches, then decides to use it as a pretext to leave the team because he was failing - 13 days later?

So comments unflattering about Rondo from 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 - that about covers it.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Rondo is a G

vCash
    Bags, did Rondo sleep with your wife or sister?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    space your article

vCash
    just adore this guy! you can hate him but he is always a tough challenge for everybody, true warrior! he is always tricky, dirty, insolent, cocky, arrogant and brusque. always gets under your skin... once again, you can hate him but you must reckon with him... type of old school players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Bags, did Rondo sleep with your wife or sister?
    No, I'm just sick and tired of people throwing this part great/part brutal immature and inconsistent player in my face as an MVP candidate or top 3 PG.

He's not a leader, he's not great. He's half way through his career (unlike being a kid like so many want you to believe), and he still shoots fouls like a 7 year old.

When the sycophants stop pushing him is when I stop bothering to lodge my very real complaints on him - based on 47 years as a fan, decades as a coach, and an x D1 player.

BTW, my wife would beat the crap out of that twig if he laid a finger on her.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene View Post
    just adore this guy! you can hate him but he is always a tough challenge for everybody, true warrior! he is always tricky, dirty, insolent, cocky, arrogant and brusque. always gets under your skin... once again, you can hate him but you must reckon with him... type of old school players
    Are you a Celts fan? I am. I get to see him on week night games when he never shows up. He gets way up for National TV games and playoffs - too bad that's not what it is all about.

I have to reckon with him because Ainge is about to hand to the keys to this child to run my team. Let's see how great he is when KG and PP are gone. I've been alive for every single Championship the Celts have won, given that in 2-3 years we will be out of of the playoffs but not in the lottery we are going to suck all over again. And what will he do about it? He'll leave and go to a strong team where he can be the 3rd or 4th banana. He is incapable of leading a team to a ring or even deep in the playoffs (and don't even bother with any years before this one, KG is clearly the leader of that team, and what he doesn't own PP does).

Old school player - WHAT? I saw Bill Russell play on TV and live and everybody since. Rondo wouldn't last 5 minutes back then, they far too tough for him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast