Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    78,911

    Giants sign Scutaro

    Source: Scutaro in agreement with #SFGiants, $20 million for three years.
    https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...79458455638016

    I'm surprised they gave him 3 guaranteed years, but this was one of the inevitable moves of the offseason.
    #JoergerBomb

    Watching Grigson waste Andrew Luck's prime like:

    <3


    - He runs meetings like a coach. Basically, Im playing with a coordinator on the field. Hes a football God. He sees everything, and he sees the big picture of everything." - Frank Gore on Andrew Luck
    - "He is as smart as Peyton, as accurate as Brady, tougher than Ben and as athletic as RG3." - Anonymous Head Coach on Andrew Luck

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On The Block
    Posts
    29,931
    Getting the band back together

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    24,103
    3 years is a long time for a 37 year old 2nd/3rd baseman but i guess they had to reward him for the incredible postseason he had.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    This offseason has been...interesting, to say the least. And it's only December 4th.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,472
    Welp, no Swisher to SF anymore

    That LF platoon is gonna be quite the ugly one. Pagan won't come close to matching last years production. I believe Pence will have a solid year since it's his free agent season. Belt will break out. Sandoval will be real solid. Crawford solid D below average bat. Scutaro will fall back to earth. Posey will be real good, but again, won't match last years production but will come close to it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,908

    Giants sign Scutaro

    3 years is silly. See, people laugh at the Sox for giving a 32 year old 3 years, but 3 years for 47? Damn.

    Having said that, I'm a huge Marco guy from his days in Boston, so I'm happy that he set himself up financially.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    3 years is silly. See, people laugh at the Sox for giving a 32 year old 3 years, but 3 years for 47? Damn.

    Having said that, I'm a huge Marco guy from his days in Boston, so I'm happy that he set himself up financially.
    Who the hell got that?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,908
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    3 years is silly. See, people laugh at the Sox for giving a 32 year old 3 years, but 3 years for 47? Damn.

    Having said that, I'm a huge Marco guy from his days in Boston, so I'm happy that he set himself up financially.
    Who the hell got that?
    I meant 3 for 37 (years old).

    On the iPhone. As I wait for my girlfriend to try on clothes at the store. Ugh.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    I meant 3 for 37 (years old).

    On the iPhone. As I wait for my girlfriend to try on clothes at the store. Ugh.
    Damn, you can be home watching the Victoria's Secret Modeling show right now. It's been..a great night..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    16,770
    Who would give Marco 3 for 47

    *Nvm I see the post edited


    THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

    2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,908
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    I meant 3 for 37 (years old).

    On the iPhone. As I wait for my girlfriend to try on clothes at the store. Ugh.
    Damn, you can be home watching the Victoria's Secret Modeling show right now. It's been..a great night..
    Ugh. Sounds a tad better

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    15,947
    A lot of money. But he was an integral factor for the Giants in the post season, so it is well deserved.

    Hopefully he can play consistent for those 3 years.

    And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    25,318
    Just like with Pagan, not crazy about the years, but I guess it was necessary to get it done.







  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,084
    3 Years and over 6 million a year for Scutaro? What???

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    17,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackeyfan41 View Post
    3 Years and over 6 million a year for Scutaro? What???
    Guess you were living under a rock after the all star game.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •