Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    **** yeah! About time.

vCash
    looks like the giants are doing a good job of keeping the band together. Now it's just a matter of how scutero/pagan/affeldt

vCash
    Im not happy with the years, but whatever. The Giants still have money to spend after winning a WS. We still need a left fielder....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Im not happy with the years, but whatever. The Giants still have money to spend after winning a WS. We still need a left fielder....
    Not so sure about that. Looks like we'll basically have the same team as last year.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Not so sure about that. Looks like we'll basically have the same team as last year.
    Which sucks since our team last year lost the division in august and didn't really inspire much confidence in the fanbase.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    That third year will probably be ugly but if he can stay healthy and consistent for the first two I'll be happy with this deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    no we don't.

vCash
    Having money is overrated. It's spending it wisely that counts. Ain't that right, dodgers?

That's what we celebrate with, not with bubble machines...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Like betting on sports? Sign up now!

https://www.bovada.lv/welcome/P1BF89...tcmpid=rafcopy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    3 years is a long time for a 37 year old 2nd/3rd baseman but i guess they had to reward him for the incredible postseason he had.
    And entire second half of the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    no we don't.
    I wish everyone would stop pretending Blanco is the easy answer. He had some UGLY slumps last year. Who knows what he really is but he did t lock anything up lat year what so ever. It wouldn't take much of a reach to upgrade for the short term at all, and see if he develops into a real starting caliber MLB OF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers+Giants View Post
    Having money is overrated. It's spending it wisely that counts. Ain't that right, dodgers?
    Sample size
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Victorino's deal is much more laughable than Scutaro's (regardless of age).
    Yup.

Victorino is a platoon player that just got paid like he is a full time, everyday CFer, and he isn't (or rather shouldn't be).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    Yes but he got that contract more so on how well he did in the playoffs.

He was on base it seemed almost every at bat.

I don't know if they bring him back for 3 years without those postseason heroics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Which sucks since our team last year lost the division in august and didn't really inspire much confidence in the fanbase.
    the problem is if this team doesn't get better, the giants were back 8-10 games in june then the dodgers made the poor decision of loosing their 2 best hitters, and even after all the trades we made we just weren't able to make up enough ground.

The problem for the giants is if they don't get better they will be playing better teams in the division, the Diamondbacks could have the best rotation in baseball next year, they have some excellent hitters and they are only a year removed from winning the division over the giants, who know's if the padres have a lot of players close to big league ready and if they develop they could be scary and the dodgers are obviously better and they are not done improving, now we get to see what that roster can do over a full year.

The thing the giants should worry about is Pagan repeating a 5 war season at 32 despite never doing it before, marco scutaro continuing to hit .400 for the giants, in his mid 30's and Pence bouncing back(which i believe is likely) and someone needs to be able to replace the 5 war production melky gave out of LF last year.

This is a giants team with minimal room for error, i don't think they could afford to lose posey for a month+ but at this point i think the dodgers could lose Matt Kemp for a month and still have a decent roster. As much as i hope the giants rest on their laurels i don't think saben is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    not really half, more like 1/3 because they got him in early August or at the exact end of July

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast