Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    No more room for any costly free agents for #SFGiants in their $140M-ish payroll, up from low 130s.
    https://twitter.com/JohnSheaHey/stat...14324387786752
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    /offseason

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    I'm confused as to what people wanted out of this offseason? Keppinger and Swisher for LF and 2B? This is easily one of the weaker FA classes in a long time. Only really one legit superstar (Hamilton) with some borderline superstars (Greinke). Do people not remember Huff, Pill, Burris, Gillaspie getting significant playing time for most of the first half last year? The team currently constructed is soooo much better then the team playing in late April, May, and June of last year.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    I would definitely prefer Swisher/Kepp than Scutaro/platoon. I wouldn't really say Huff and Gillaspie got significant playing time though.

Holy **** I just looked up Burriss' OPS and it's .491 and he had a .465 OPS in 2011
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-05-2012 at 02:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d79cheese View Post
    I'm confused as to what people wanted out of this offseason? Keppinger and Swisher for LF and 2B? This is easily one of the weaker FA classes in a long time. Only really one legit superstar (Hamilton) with some borderline superstars (Greinke). Do people not remember Huff, Pill, Burris, Gillaspie getting significant playing time for most of the first half last year? The team currently constructed is soooo much better then the team playing in late April, May, and June of last year.
    I wanted Hamilton.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I would definitely prefer Swisher/Kepp than Scutaro/platoon. I wouldn't really say Huff and Gillaspie got significant playing time though.

Holy **** I just looked up Burriss' OPS and it's .491 and he had a .465 OPS in 2011
    It's not Swisher/Kepp vs Scutaro/Platoon. It is Swisher/Kepp vs Scutaro/Pagan. There was going to probably be a platoon either way with Blanco. Much easier to find a right handed left fielder then CF to platoon with Blanco.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d79cheese View Post
    It's not Swisher/Kepp vs Scutaro/Platoon. It is Swisher/Kepp vs Scutaro/Pagan. There was going to probably be a platoon either way with Blanco. Much easier to find a right handed left fielder then CF to platoon with Blanco.
    From what I read today reporters were saying we would possibly get one, but not both. Plus they wouldn't have to look for anyone to platoon with Blanco in center. He'd fine as the everyday starter there. Holds more value as the everyday center fielder than he does in left.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-05-2012 at 03:39 AM.

vCash
    I'll wait to see if Sabean can make a trade for a LF before deciding what to think of the offseason. Either way, resigning Pagan and Scutaro, it could have ended up worse.

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    Giants are overpaying a 37-year old Scutaro with a 3-year contract at $6.7 million/year. I think Pagan's deal was better. Scutaro won't repeat his superman performance.
    Today is the future that you have built (or neglected) yesterday.

vCash
    I just hope he can hit like 2011 in Boston.

vCash
    I'm just glad we won't be seeing a revolving door at 2b this year. No more Culberson, Burriss, Frandsen, Velez's!
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    He won't replicate his Giants numbers, but if he can match 2012's numbers of .306/.348/.405 I think we'll be alright. That slash line isn't that far off his career averages.

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post

Where's all the money coming from? Kepp's average annual salary is projected at 4 mil, and Scutaro's is 6.66. If we aren't looking to increase payroll, even if we didnt bring back Scutaro, I doubt we could afford Swisher.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...&postcount=354

LoL at guy that says Dodgers should go after Tulo and Headley. Doubt they will trade them in the division.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    Where's all the money coming from? Kepp's average annual salary is projected at 4 mil, and Scutaro's is 6.66. If we aren't looking to increase payroll, even if we didnt bring back Scutaro, I doubt we could afford Swisher.
    I read that the Giants could've gotten one or the other. We may not have been able to squeeze Kepp into the mix then.

Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...&postcount=354

LoL at guy that says Dodgers should go after Tulo and Headley. Doubt they will trade them in the division.
    The Dodger forum is a good read if you need a laugh.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast