Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Mike D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    I agree to an extent. Today I thought he did a very poor job though. I was really harsh on Kobe today, thought he could've gotten people involved more.

Dwight can't be getting only 9 shots. Kobe has to force feed him early and often. Also Metta, Duhon, Hill, Clark and Antawn were a combined 18-32 (56.25%). People were rolling offensively, and he failed to get anybody involved. He needs to take a step back and facilitate until Nash gets back.
    Those players had a good shooting percentage as a lot of their shots were wide open easy shots. These shots were available because Houston was concentrating on Kobe after he came out blazing to start the 1st quarter.

Kobe wasn't to blame on offense but his help defense was terrible tonight, well most nights actually and i've been saying this for a couple of years

vCash
    blame mitch and buss!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    Those players had a good shooting percentage as a lot of their shots were wide open easy shots. These shots were available because Houston was concentrating on Kobe after he came out blazing to start the 1st quarter.

Kobe wasn't to blame on offense but his help defense was terrible tonight, well most nights actually and i've been saying this for a couple of years
    Re-read your post. You're saying those players were getting good shots because the defense was focused on Kobe? Of course that's true! That's what Kobe brings. But nothing changed on the possessions where Kobe had a shoot first mentality and didn't even look at teamates. Watch him closely. You can tell on so many plays he literally does not even consider or look at the open man...he is so focused on scoring. Its just his "single minded" mentality I think. It serves him well as a scorer but not so much as a facilitator. He tends to be either/or instead of both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    No. The Houston game was just an intramural. Clearly, D'Antoni and the organization is not trying to build a championship team, and these regular season games are not steps on a path toward that, so it doesn't really matter who they throw out there against the Rockets. I guess I was mistaken.
    I understand what you're saying its just that this game had a lot of reasons for the loss. But its just one game. Most any philosophy can win games in the NBA. D'Antonni has had 60 win seasons. So he knows how to get wins in theory. I just think the topic of "is he a championship coach and are the Lakers playing that type of philosophy" is for another thread. I question it myself. Playing small relates to poor rebounding...and rebounding is huge in a 7 game series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    I will say I do understand what D'antoni is thinking with hack-a-Howard situation. Seems like he's trying to build the big guy's confidence. It isn't working though lol
    Well...he did actually make the last 2 in a row he shot. To me it almost looked like he was started to get more relaxed as it went along. You could see he was anxious up there though.

vCash
    Buss should get on his knees and crawl to Phil Jackson's house and beg him to come back as coach. Eat the salary you must pay Mike because the Lakers will never be a defensive team with him as coach. I see this situation a disaster mainly because of the coaching situation. You are only as good as your leadership and right now you don't have the right leader to make the Lakers be Lakers again. I'm a Knick fan for life and I can tell you we are sooooooooooooo happpyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Mike is gone but I also feel for you Laker fans who are going through exactly what we have been going through for so many years. Hopefully your agony will not be as long as it was with us in New York. Our team has alot of players out due to injury but we play defense, our point guards are creating plays for others, we gel very well and we only have one true superstar on our team (MELLOOOOOOOOO). Now look what you have on your team (SUPERSTARS ALLLLLLLL DAYYYYYY). So ask yourself one question, what is really wrong with this picture? Wanna get back to those consistant glory days? GET RID OF MIKE! I'm just saying! Good luck Laker fans. You really should be much better than you are no matter how many foul shots Howard misses!

vCash
    I have never seen a Laker team with so many big names and such terrible performances in my life. This isn't the first few games of the season anymore, we practically played almost a quarter of the season already and it is absolutely pathetic how we are sitting a couple of spots from last in the WC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ALS5 View Post
    Buss should get on his knees and crawl to Phil Jackson's house and beg him to come back as coach. Eat the salary you must pay Mike because the Lakers will never be a defensive team with him as coach. I see this situation a disaster mainly because of the coaching situation. You are only as good as your leadership and right now you don't have the right leader to make the Lakers be Lakers again. I'm a Knick fan for life and I can tell you we are sooooooooooooo happpyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Mike is gone but I also feel for you Laker fans who are going through exactly what we have been going through for so many years. Hopefully your agony will not be as long as it was with us in New York. Our team has alot of players out due to injury but we play defense, our point guards are creating plays for others, we gel very well and we only have one true superstar on our team (MELLOOOOOOOOO). Now look what you have on your team (SUPERSTARS ALLLLLLLL DAYYYYYY). So ask yourself one question, what is really wrong with this picture? Wanna get back to those consistant glory days? GET RID OF MIKE! I'm just saying! Good luck Laker fans. You really should be much better than you are no matter how many foul shots Howard misses!
    I feel the Knicks are highly overrated and will fall off as the season goes on. Anthony is a terrible leader and if he would play basektball the right way then maybe the team would have succeeded more with D'Antonni. He did get a lot out of players that were there that now do not look very good...like Fields, Lin, Chandler, and Duhon.

Good luck Knicks fans. Booklyn looks like their future is bright though!! Go Brooklyn!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    I feel the Knicks are highly overrated and will fall off as the season goes on. Anthony is a terrible leader and if he would play basektball the right way then maybe the team would have succeeded more with D'Antonni. He did get a lot out of players that were there that now do not look very good...like Fields, Lin, Chandler, and Duhon.

Good luck Knicks fans. Booklyn looks like their future is bright though!! Go Brooklyn!
    Wow Pluvious what a statement. So tell me why are the Knicks doing so well and the Laker are not? Due to great coaching we are at the top of the east. However the Lakers are almost at the bottom of the west. Anthony is a good leader right now because he has a coach who preaches defense and good leadership. Why are the Lakers learders not showing up in the leadership field? Our 2nd unit plays better than the Lakers starting 5 why? Leadership! Lets say we loose some games; we will still be in the playoffs simply because we have a good coach. If you are defending D'antoni then my words will mean nothing because you fail to see the common sense picture! You have a bad coach and nothing good will ever come out of it!

vCash
    It seems like we blame anybody and everybody until they start to win ..lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ALS5 View Post
    Wow Pluvious what a statement. So tell me why are the Knicks doing so well and the Laker are not? Due to great coaching we are at the top of the east. However the Lakers are almost at the bottom of the west. Anthony is a good leader right now because he has a coach who preaches defense and good leadership. Why are the Lakers learders not showing up in the leadership field? Our 2nd unit plays better than the Lakers starting 5 why? Leadership! Lets say we loose some games; we will still be in the playoffs simply because we have a good coach. If you are defending D'antoni then my words will mean nothing because you fail to see the common sense picture! You have a bad coach and nothing good will ever come out of it!
    I just find it hilarious the Knicks have a tiny taste of success this season and their fans think they can preach about winning basketball. Good stuff. I have seen several Knick fans come in to warn the sad clueless Laker fan base about D'Antonni. Guess what? I know way more about him then you do.

If a Knick fan would first talk about the good he did and then talk about the bad I would listen. But that is NEVER the case. Am I even defending D'Antonni? No. He is ok with some obvious flaws. But I've seen a lot of great coaches lose their star players and their teams tune them out. Every heard of Pat Riley?

Its funny that Knicks fans criticize D'Antonni for having to have certain players play in his system. Yeah, that's true. What about Woodson? He has all defensive players now and they are playing defense. Wow, what a shock! And Anthony is playing D after playing in the olympics and running the coach out? Amazing. Tremendous!

The Knicks actually were a good defense under D'Antonni too last year. And they were having injury issues at the time. Knick fans always overstate everything to make their case. Try understating and using facts and maybe you can come on to another team's message board with your "friendly" warnings.

Otherwise, troll on outta here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    I just find it hilarious the Knicks have a tiny taste of success this season and their fans think they can preach about winning basketball. Good stuff. I have seen several Knick fans come in to warn the sad clueless Laker fan base about D'Antonni. Guess what? I know way more about him then you do.

If a Knick fan would first talk about the good he did and then talk about the bad I would listen. But that is NEVER the case. Am I even defending D'Antonni? No. He is ok with some obvious flaws. But I've seen a lot of great coaches lose their star players and their teams tune them out. Every heard of Pat Riley?

Its funny that Knicks fans criticize D'Antonni for having to have certain players play in his system. Yeah, that's true. What about Woodson? He has all defensive players now and they are playing defense. Wow, what a shock! And Anthony is playing D after playing in the olympics and running the coach out? Amazing. Tremendous!

The Knicks actually were a good defense under D'Antonni too last year. And they were having injury issues at the time. Knick fans always overstate everything to make their case. Try understating and using facts and maybe you can come on to another team's message board with your "friendly" warnings.

Otherwise, troll on outta here.
    Parents usually warn their children of bad things because they have experienced them in life.

OK this is not a friendly warning. It's a fact! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW COACH! LOL

vCash
    I find it funny that people blame Jim buss. He brought you Kobe and Dwight, which is who everybody wanted. It ain't all fun and games now so you blame him.

At least with Bynum, we had a winning team...and when he was hurt, we won even more. Now he's gone, we have a losing record, Philly has a winning record, and we blame buss, who wanted to keep Bynum. Talk about irony.

vCash
    When I say he brought you Kobe, I mean he kept Kobe around at all costs.......for those of you who love Kobe so much

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast