Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Address the PG position, NOW. ASAP
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Their 2nd best rebounder was sitting on the bench.

Or, if you prefer, their 3rd best rebounder was sitting on the bench. Their 2nd-best rebounder played 14 minutes.

A word to the wise: Phil Jackson understood this. Championships are won in the paint. 3-point shooting should be a complement to that, and a complement only. 1-in-4-out seldom wins championships. (Only Hakeem's Rockets).

I know fans like 3-point shooting, and it makes sense. The ABA guys wanted it to be basketball's version of a homerun. However, "stretch 4s" like Jamison and Anderson are never going to be as valuable to a championship team as players like Gasol and Hill.

I'm pro-D'Antoni, but I'm disappointed in his inability to adapt his strategy to his personnel. I'm not going to write him off, though.
    They were playing for a championship in the Houston game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan3118 View Post
    The rebounding troubles really resulted from D'Antoni shuffling his rotations and going small for long stretches of the game. I mean, the guy started Jamison over Hill; that alone should have signaled an advantage for Houston on that side of the ball. The margin was pretty ridiculous, don't get me wrong, but it was to be expected.
    As valuable as Nash was to D'Antoni's Suns, I always felt that Marion was even more valuable. Nash is a great PG, but what Marion did for those teams was unique. He allowed D'Antoni to play small ball and not sacrifice anything in rebounding.

vCash
    As valuable as Nash was to D'Antoni's Suns, I always felt that Marion was even more valuable. Nash is a great PG, but what Marion did for those teams was unique. He allowed D'Antoni to play small ball and not sacrifice anything in rebounding.
    Very good point but no one was more valuable for Nash. Saying that a lenghty, rebounding, defensive minded, speedy, athletic, SF is just why the doctor ordered for this team.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    When then it's your fault then because you wanted Bynum gone, an upgarde at PG, and wanted Mike Brown gone.
    Speaking for myself, I wanted Bynum gone, too. What does that have to do with Howard? I posted on record that it didn't have to be for Howard. I wasn't complaining about the acquisition of Howard, but I do believe that his contract situation is hampering the coaching this season. Phil would have sat him.

Oh and by the way Dr. Buss, and Mitch didn't want Phil back either So it was all three of them. So don't you dare singling out Jim because Mitch and Dr. Buss we're at fault too for the coaching along with you for wishing Mike Brown gone. So do us a favor a stop wishing for stuff.
    You're putting a lot of stock into those "it was unanimous" statements the Lakers always put out, aren't you? The ones that always get contradicted later by insiders. I put more stock in the behind-the-scenes insights by reputable journalists with established contacts. Mitch was not against hiring Phil, and certainly not against hiring Shaw.

vCash
    I am amused

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Kobe needs to look at the Heat or the Celtics. Guys took a step back for the better of the team. I believe we're 1-7 when Kobe scores 30+ for us this year.
    I think all that stat means is he tends to get more aggressive when the team is struggling. The way he's been shooting this season, I can't say he's shot the Lakers OUT of any games. He may have saved them from being 0-8 in those games.

vCash
    Offensive rebounding. If you give up over 15, you are gonna scramble on defense a lot. They gave up over 20.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    I blame R.J. Mallari and Oscar "The Golden boy" Escatel!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    I blame Pau for tonight's loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    I take it back. I blame the Kareem statue.
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post

I got one better....

I blame Time Warner Cable Sportsnet.
    Obama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tytanium 24 View Post
    Weaker then pau? Um.. NO.
    Um... Yes. It's not an opinion. It's a fact. Statistically and visibly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    I still think Kobe should take the most shots and take the big shots...he just should not be the one creating offense most of the time. Offense should go start with Howard/Gasol/Nash.
    Disagree about Howard. He should be at the business end of plays, not at the start of them. He's the weakest passer of the bunch.

vCash
    I wasn't complaining about the acquisition of Howard, but I do believe that his contract situation is hampering the coaching this season. Phil would have sat him.
    I, for one, had not considered this. Great point.

vCash
    I think all that stat means is he tends to get more aggressive when the team is struggling. The way he's been shooting this season, I can't say he's shot the Lakers OUT of any games. He may have saved them from being 0-8 in those games.
    I agree to an extent. Today I thought he did a very poor job though. I was really harsh on Kobe today, thought he could've gotten people involved more.

Dwight can't be getting only 9 shots. Kobe has to force feed him early and often. Also Metta, Duhon, Hill, Clark and Antawn were a combined 18-32 (56.25%). People were rolling offensively, and he failed to get anybody involved. He needs to take a step back and facilitate until Nash gets back.

vCash
    This team has so many issues right now that you can't just pinpoint one player as being the problem, etc.... People have been using Gasol as the scapegoat for the team's losing, however it isn't fair to Pau. Gasol definitely isn't what he once was a few yrs back, but he isn't the main reason the team is losing games at an alarming rate.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    They were playing for a championship in the Houston game?
    No. The Houston game was just an intramural. Clearly, D'Antoni and the organization is not trying to build a championship team, and these regular season games are not steps on a path toward that, so it doesn't really matter who they throw out there against the Rockets. I guess I was mistaken.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast