Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    My problem with a stat comparison is Bird played during an easy offensive era ar least statisically. I think KD right now as a player is close to Bird if not better, if you are talking about career achievements there obviously a big gap for now.
    Certainly not easy because you had more megastars in the league which meant to differentiate yourself statistically was much more difficult. The average player was simply much better than the average player now. Hell the average player was an allstar type player then. Now the average player probably shouldn't even be in the league.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash

ewing

No. Bird's skill set was more diverse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Never. Ever. Nor is Lebron better than Bird. Typical NBA forum troll thread. What a joke. Lerbron doesn't even break the top 10. Probably never will. Way to show your age.
    Hope you're kidding.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No. Bird's skill set was more diverse.
    Durant is far more athletically superior than BIRD. And Durant is a better shooter and scorer than Bird. Bird was the better passer. Bird also had great leadership skills. I know when it's all said and done though that Durant will be far better than Bird. I think he's better now to be honest but I wont say it cause of lack of titles. But athletically Durant is just better

vCash
    Way too early on in his career for this. I don't even like discussing LeBron's all-time rank because he has so much basketball ahead of him.

vCash
    Well i'm just gonna go ahead and say that Durant is already better than Bird at this point. Durant is just a outstanding shooter, even better than Bird was. Plus add his and athletic advantage and you have Durant being the better player. Only thing that can hurt Durant is if he often chokes in finals rest of career. other than that durant is superior in my book than Bird already

vCash
    He would have to keep up this great rebounding, become a better passer and win at least 2 rings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    How many HOFers did Bird play with? Last time I checked Robert Parish and Kevin Mchale were HOfers and voted as top 50 nba players of all time. Did Lebron James come close to having this type of support.

I hate when ppl use the excuse of oh Lebron James needed Wade/Bosh. KObe had Shaq, MJ had Pippen, Magic had Kareem, Bird had Mchale/Parish, Erving had Malone...and LBJ has Wade.
    Sorry I didn't realize the MJ and Pippen were 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA at the time Jordan won a championship.... I think you are forgetting about Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq, Malone, Barkely... etc

Same goes for Larry Bird...

(also I think Wade and Lebron were neck and neck when they joined together I'd say they were more like they were 2 of the top 3 talents in the NBA at the time of coming together and Bosh was in the top 10-15)

So like I said Larry didn't call up MJ and said hey we are the top players in the NBA lets come together so I can win a ring. So please spare me the poor LBJ story....

On top of that if you just want to argue stats Larry was a better rebounder, passer and had something that Lebron only stumbled on 1 or 2 series in his entire career and ladies and gentleman was:

A KILLER INSTINCT!

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Way too early on in his career for this. I don't even like discussing LeBron's all-time rank because he has so much basketball ahead of him.
    well with guys like lebron and Durant being already statistically great at such a young age you can project upwards with these guys. It's arguable that these 2 were already better than Bird after 1st 3 seasons in the league. So with the improvements Durant/lebron were to make to their games they would blow Bird out of the water as far as superior players are concerned

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    He would have to keep up this great rebounding, become a better passer and win at least 2 rings.
    Durant can easily do that. I don't think he has to be that good of a passer to be better than Bird. I can see that his scoring ability comes so much easier than bird's was. He's a 3 time scoring champion already and has been to a finals. He will easily make more finals and win a few. As a player looking with the naked eye Durant is just better. I would draft Durant over Bird if I were a GM

vCash
    So we're just assuming LeBron's gonna pass Larry Bird now?
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Never. Ever. Nor is Lebron better than Bird. Typical NBA forum troll thread. What a joke. Lerbron doesn't even break the top 10. Probably never will. Way to show your age.
    Tell me why Bird is so clearly better than LeBron...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    A KILLER INSTINCT!
    I'd argue that LeBron only twice has shown a lack of a killer instinct. 2011 Finals and the 2010 ECF. People clinch to those two, and ignore the fact that as a whole, LeBron has been as dominant a postseason player as this game has ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOTERX9 View Post
    well with guys like lebron and Durant being already statistically great at such a young age you can project upwards with these guys. It's arguable that these 2 were already better than Bird after 1st 3 seasons in the league. So with the improvements Durant/lebron were to make to their games they would blow Bird out of the water as far as superior players are concerned
    You can project and all that but what if they have a career altering (or ending) injury? Its fun to guess where guys will end up in the history books, but I just feel you need to give a legend like Bird the benefit of the doubt until they statistically surpass him. He already has the longevity, they do not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    So we're just assuming LeBron's gonna pass Larry Bird now?
    Bird's career wasn't all that long, I think its fairly easy to assume LeBron passes Bird.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast