Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Stat Stuffer vs. Stat Padder

I've noticed in conversations lately people have been referring to players as "stat stuffer" in a negative way. When I first heard the term used, back in the 80's, it was used to describe good all-around players. Guys like Alvin Robertson who would drop some numbers in every catagory, and later on Pippen and Robery Horry when he was with the Rockets. Now it would be a good way to describe AK-47 or Josh Smith. Obviously big name guys like Hakeem back in the day, and Robinson, and Jordan, or LBJ these days.

This was different than "stat padding" or as some would say "stat whore".

This is being a "stat whore" or "stat padder"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hADE70REy7k

And this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDtGHHnA9ms

So what do you guys think? Is there a difference between a "stat stuffer" and a "stat whore" or "stat padder"?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    i think its impossible to stat pad because everyone would do that than cos u get paid lol

when someone is going off for 30 8 8 like jordan did for a full season, u gotta give props. or even k love.

its the nba.. not some school yard thing lol all the players especially in this era are pretty athletic, so i always dont pay attention to any stat padding theories.

its silly.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Stat stuffer iggy .. Stat padder rondo

Standing on Sacred Ground

When the season starts and the blatant homerism subsides, people will realize the 2 biggest flaws on our team. MAYBE??

vCash
    and to those videos, thats the team running plays lol blame the coach than not the player lol

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Josh smith, ak-47, and danny granger are stat stuffers. They naturally just fill up the stat sheet because that is their game.

Kevin Love, David Lee, Monta Ellis are stat padders. They'll put up a tremendous stat line but their team still loses and overall team still sucks.

For example, if Kevin Love goes off for 35pts 20rebs....his team probi still lost the game.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Stat stuffer is a player who gets numbers for the name on the front of the jersey.

Stat padder, or "whore", is a player who gets numbers for the name on the back of the jersey.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    blatches and davis is funny tho lol

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Josh smith, ak-47, and danny granger are stat stuffers. They naturally just fill up the stat sheet because that is their game.

Kevin Love, David Lee, Monta Ellis are stat padders. They'll put up a tremendous stat line but their team still loses and overall team still sucks.

For example, if Kevin Love goes off for 35pts 20rebs....his team probi still lost the game.
    and do you know why they lost the game? It's because the rest of the roster didn't decide to show up that night or guard anyone, or because the roster has players playing big minutes that don't belong in a rotation...

Again, context seems to be lost in this forum. Blanket statements just get thrown around here, without the person having an actual understanding of how the game actually works.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    This will obviously turn into another Love bashing thread.

Ridnour
    Wes Johnson
    Michael Beasley
    Darko Milicic
    Martel Webster

These were players who got monster minutes the last 2 years alongside Love. When Adelman found out Darko did indeed suck, and that the spanish rookie should get more minutes, the team was a playoff team, until injuries machine gunned them.

Where are Wes, Darko, and Beasley now? How they playing? The roster support around Love was a monumental joke. Prove to me otherwise.

vCash
    The difference between the two is probably connected somewhere between efficiency and playing within the flow of the game.
    i.e. if a Point guard passes up an easy layup to pass to a player to take a 15 foot jumpshot could be inferred as "padding"

vCash
    yeah im not one of those ppl who think klove is a stat padder or stuffer lolbut somethin like the davis or blatche videos is a diff story.

not the mcgee one. coach calls plays for u, u run the play lol

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Stat stuffer is a player who gets numbers for the name on the front of the jersey.

Stat padder, or "whore", is a player who gets numbers for the name on the back of the jersey.
    Yea this works for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PlezPlayDKnicks:24565407
    Stat stuffer iggy .. Stat padder rondo
    Rondo is not a stat padder. Whenever rondo goes off for a triple double or 20 assists, etc.....his team ALWAYS wins. That is not the definition of a stat padder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15:24565525
    This will obviously turn into another Love bashing thread.

Ridnour
    Wes Johnson
    Michael Beasley
    Darko Milicic
    Martel Webster

These were players who got monster minutes the last 2 years alongside Love. When Adelman found out Darko did indeed suck, and that the spanish rookie should get more minutes, the team was a playoff team, until injuries machine gunned them.

Where are Wes, Darko, and Beasley now? How they playing? The roster support around Love was a monumental joke. Prove to me otherwise.
    I've seen worse rosters put up more wins than Love's teams ever had. Toronto first season no bosh, cavs first season no lebron, john wall's wizards, blake griffin's clippers (before d'andre and paul) all put up more wins! And none of them had the luxury of having someone 24ppg 15rpg. Love's team was the worst in the league that year.

Andto further prove my point.....On a championship caliber team, Love probi wnt average 20-10. His stats are being padded right now cause his team isnt good.

vCash
    Stat stuffer is someone who has a well rounded game an is able to contribute to a team in multiple ways. It reflects in the box score. (Someone the opposite of being one-dimensional)

A stat padder someone makes a deliberate effort to tack on something extra (example Rondo passing up shots so that he can get more assists, or someone taking 3's in garbage time or playing one on one or someone close to getting a triple double so they try whatever they can to get it instead of it happening naturally in the flow of the game)
    Last edited by Daze9900; 12-03-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast