Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    11,307
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Good pickup for the Rays. Leadership from Maddon and Longo will definitely make Escobar grow up. I expect him to have about a 3 WAR with the Rays.
    No it won't. He was a cancer in Atlanta and a gay basher in Toronto. Age MIGHT make him grow up and that's about it. Solid defender though.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    the marlins should have their status as an MLB franchise revoked
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,277
    vCash
    1500
    It's a great move by the Rays cause of the low cost but I'm not sure they will get the big turnaround everyone expects. He is one of the best defensive SS out there but him and his ****ing GDP's where all I can remember. Florida is ******** I'm sure they could of gotten more for him.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,312
    vCash
    1500
    I cant believe thats all it took, surely Yunel isnt that toxic
    Sens Raps Jays

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,044
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesJackson10 View Post
    Homophobia is the new market inefficiency.
    bahahahaha

    it's funny cause it's true
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,314
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Marlins will know open the season with the lowest payroll in Baseball at 38mill. If I was a florida tax payer I would be absolutely pissed, they got swindled by the Marlins organization.
    i think it will be lower than that, they will probably trade Nolasco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I cant believe thats all it took, surely Yunel isnt that toxic
    im surprised he got moved that quickly

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    i think it will be lower than that, they will probably trade Nolasco.


    im surprised he got moved that quickly
    nolasco is like 13 mil too. so their payroll will be like 25 million..............
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    12,761
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    No it won't. He was a cancer in Atlanta and a gay basher in Toronto. Age MIGHT make him grow up and that's about it. Solid defender though.
    Not true... He said some of his best friends are gay, his hairdresser, his interior decorator, his party planner... the list goes on. He loves gay people
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...



    We've been through tough times, man.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,292
    vCash
    1500
    Great trade for the Rays. Yunel will probably bounce back next year. Still don't mind the trade from Toronto's perspective, but I hate the fact that he's back in the division. When he is on he's an excellent player.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Atl
    Posts
    284
    vCash
    1500
    i was expecting a lot out of yunel when i watched him play for the braves, but was disaapointed in what i heard about him. Could have been a legit gold glove at ss, 30 hr, 100 rbi's, and .300 avg type guy.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    806
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I cant believe thats all it took, surely Yunel isnt that toxic
    Little about toxic
    Mostly about last year of his contract, so lesser player value.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Great trade for the Rays. Yunel will probably bounce back next year. Still don't mind the trade from Toronto's perspective, but I hate the fact that he's back in the division. When he is on he's an excellent player.
    I agree...

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,996
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Atl Bill View Post
    i was expecting a lot out of yunel when i watched him play for the braves, but was disaapointed in what i heard about him. Could have been a legit gold glove at ss, 30 hr, 100 rbi's, and .300 avg type guy.
    HAHAHAHA, his ceiling was never of that calibur. He did nothing in atlanta that would ever signify he could reach that level of stardum. His highest level of HR production in one single year was 14. Only 53 for his career.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Little about toxic
    Mostly about last year of his contract, so lesser player value.
    No he has 2 club options for $5M in 2014 and 15. His contract is awesome

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •