Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Stop fighting and say more awesome things.

How NFL announcers telling us all scoring play are reviews. Or that the yellow line is unofficial.
    well apprently some of the coaches don't even know that so it hasnt quite set in yet
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    praising a guy becaus ehe never takes plays off. you aren't ****ing supposed to take plays off. we shouldnt be praising a guy for doing what should be the minimum, we should be critizing those who don't

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    The Cowboys are "America's team"...

LOL

vCash
    Jay Cutler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Every year a team has one goal. That goal is to win a SB. When you win that SB it makes you the best team in the league. The more you win it the greater you become. ie The Pats were a far greater team than the Colts because the Colts of the Modern era only won one ring and the Pats won three and went to 5. So I think the whole they are greater because of the rings is very much a factor and in play.
    http://www.heroclixworld.com/hcw/ima...ernetTroll.jpg

vCash
    Belicheat - he was great before and after Spygate

Referring to any ex-player as an "expert" b/c they played the game at the NFL level and a fan hasn't. After all, fans don't consider themselves "expert" bankers b/c many can balance their checkbook while many players appear to struggle balancing theirs.

Ending a sentence in "PERIOD" b/c they don't understand what an exclamation point is. Agreed (QUESTION MARK)

"The media" - they're paparazzi

"Players have never been bigger or faster" - Go look at the 80's linebackers. (as far as better, look at the QB's, RB's, WR's, LB's and CB's. - the linemen are larger).

The Jets now have their own stadium

"Fickle" - no wait, we still need that one.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 12-05-2012 at 11:54 AM.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    I know because I used to play

Referencing anyone's post count

vCash
    Transitive property

Team A beat Team B

Team B beat Team C

Team A is better then Team C

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    Transitive property

Team A beat Team B

Team B beat Team C

http://static3.businessinsider.com/i...c.jpg?maxX=620

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    Transitive property

Team A beat Team B

Team B beat Team C

It's even worse in college football. You never play the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    adding "gate" to any sort of issue
    This! Bountygate and handshake-gate(can't believe I really heard this one!). Get some creativity FFS.

And I might add. When a team loses one freaking game that they were "exposed".
    Last edited by keymax; 12-05-2012 at 11:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    adding "gate" to any sort of issue
    Took three pages, but I found the winner

Not Even Fair #BTFD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Referring to any ex-player as an "expert" b/c they played the game at the NFL level and a fan hasn't. After all, fans don't consider themselves "expert" bankers b/c many can balance their checkbook can't many players can't appear to.
    Absolutely.

Quite frankly, I don't believe that somebody like Warren Sapp being a great football player necessarily makes him a credible football analyst. It just means that he was great at doing what his coaches told him to do. Not every great soldier in the military is an expert on strategy by extension. In fact, most probably aren't. I've seen enough of these former players to know that they've been dead wrong on many occasions, which is exactly why I take their opinions with a grain of salt.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Absolutely.

Quite frankly, I don't believe that somebody like Warren Sapp being a great football player necessarily makes him a credible football analyst. It just means that he was great at doing what his coaches told him to do. Not every great soldier in the military is an expert on strategy by extension. In fact, most probably aren't. I've seen enough of these former players to know that they've been dead wrong on many occasions, which is exactly why I take their opinions with a grain of salt.
    Thanks for agreeing. I will give credit to Warren Sapp though. I wish I had the video but he Sapp did say "we're not the experts". He went on to say how he's liked many players in college and throught they would be good pros where as scouts have claimed the opposite. Sapp claimed the scout has always been correct in the long run. Interesting.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc:24586929
    stats don't matter because they know good play when they see it
    People that use qbr or passer rating that don't even understand how the formula was made/works.

The idea that a player showing up in the "clutch" is all that matters, even when they play mediocre the rest of the time.

vCash
    Saying Romo > Eli.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast