Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How close with the final result be, win or loss?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3 points

0 0%
  • 4-6 points

0 0%
  • 7-9 points

1 50.00%
  • 10+ points

1 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    LMAO so many TOs
    "Its never gonna be the same....."

GIFSoup

DMF's insight in regards to advance stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Who pays attention to all of that? Those stats mean nothing. They are made up by someone.
    if bulls win the series ill leave this site forever
    Bulls won the series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carter15 View Post
    And I'm talking to myself, but this is what I meant by Fisher can hit jumpshots. He won't this this every game, but no other PG on the roster would hit 3 jumpers in a row including 2 3s.
    He was 5-11 from the field. That's really not that impressive. 11 shots for 11 points. Also, in 27 minutes...he managed TWO assists. That's TERRIBLE for a point guard. Rondo, CP3, D-Will...those guys get assists. Even when they are on bad teams. Fisher hurts our ability to let young players take their lumps and grow, he hurts our team by taking 11 shots (he has no history that would ever suggest he should be taking 10+ shots a game) and he doesn't open his teammates up (see his assist numbers). The point guard isn't supposed to be on the receiving end of all their assists.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    the turnovers just got so bad it was surreal and humorous.

Brand, Collison have both taken away all hope they put out the opening game of the season. They suck. CONSISTENTLY suck, yet continue to do the same crap.

Mayo and Crowder blew tonight as well but they aren't consistently bad so it's not a huge deal at least they bring something. When Dirk gets back things will look pretty above average at least. Vince and Kaman have been good like 80% of the games IMO.

Fisher hit those shots but still he's taking this vet leader thing too far. Dont try to take over man..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    He was 5-11 from the field. That's really not that impressive. 11 shots for 11 points. Also, in 27 minutes...he managed TWO assists. That's TERRIBLE for a point guard. Rondo, CP3, D-Will...those guys get assists. Even when they are on bad teams. Fisher hurts our ability to let young players take their lumps and grow, he hurts our team by taking 11 shots (he has no history that would ever suggest he should be taking 10+ shots a game) and he doesn't open his teammates up (see his assist numbers). The point guard isn't supposed to be on the receiving end of all their assists.
    What young players again who we are talking about?
    Man the average age of this league is around 26 ,so I won't consider a player a young player who w are waiting to develop unless he is under 25 ,that Roddy/Dojo/ (who both complete 25 next year,Roddy during the this season) and Jared in the guard spots,I don't see any of them being in our long term future plans ,may be Jared but he need to play in D-League for now ,actually I doubt we will give either Roddy or Collison their qualifying offer next year
    And again,this is a team that is probably only thinking about making it to the play offs this year and nothing more

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash
    Nobody else on the roster is better at passing anyways, at least Fish can hit some shots. I'm not trying to say he's an All-Star PG here lol, don't compare him to the best, but he's better then what's on the roster.

Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

vCash
    When Dirk comes back he will make them better! They won't be a championship team, but I believe that Dirk will make this team improve.

vCash
    Nobody else on the roster is better at passing anyways, at least Fish can hit some shots. I'm not trying to say he's an All-Star PG here lol, don't compare him to the best, but he's better then what's on the roster.
    In what way is Derek Fisher better than Darren Collison? Seriously, tell me in a way that isn't just: lol, Darren Collison sucks. No statistical evidence will support what you're saying.

This year (per 36 minutes, to neutralize bulk stats):
    Collison - 43.5% FG, 31.8% 3P, 89.5% FT, 2.6 Reb, 7 Ast, 1.6 Stl, 2.9 TO, 2 PF, 13.9 Points, 14.8 PER, .077 WS/48
    Fisher - 31.6% FG, 50% 3P, 100% FT, 2.1 Reb, 3.5 Ast, 1.4 Stl, 2.8 TO, 2.8 PF, 11.8 Points, 5.7 PER, -0.067 WS/48

Notice the last thing...he's NEGATIVE in win shares so far. So, once again, I'll ask you, in what way is Fisher better than ANY point guard on this roster? The ONLY player worse in Win Shares per 48 minutes OR PER that has had a Mavericks uniform this year? Eddie Curry. No joke.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2013.html

There is no stat that will support any ridiculous claim of Fisher being a good thing for this team. We haven't won either game he has played, his stats have been garbage, and he's taking minutes from BETTER PLAYERS, regardless of anyone's age.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    momentum is one of the most important factors in basketball. Collison is the absolute reason we lose momentum in nearly every game we've lost. He's terrible, he's carries himself like a boy in a mens league. He's verging on not even being good enough for the NBA he should just run track like his parents because hes very fast but that's all he's good at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ:24613023
    momentum is one of the most important factors in basketball. Collison is the absolute reason we lose momentum in nearly every game we've lost. He's terrible, he's carries himself like a boy in a mens league. He's verging on not even being good enough for the NBA he should just run track like his parents because hes very fast but that's all he's good at.
    And Fisher is worse. The guy is a liability offensively and defensively in every aspect, except spot up wide open 3s. But most guards shoot a good % on open 3s.
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    In what way is Derek Fisher better than Darren Collison? Seriously, tell me in a way that isn't just: lol, Darren Collison sucks. No statistical evidence will support what you're saying.

Collison - 43.5% FG, 31.8% 3P, 89.5% FT, 2.6 Reb, 7 Ast, 1.6 Stl, 2.9 TO, 2 PF, 13.9 Points, 14.8 PER, .077 WS/48
    Fisher - 31.6% FG, 50% 3P, 100% FT, 2.1 Reb, 3.5 Ast, 1.4 Stl, 2.8 TO, 2.8 PF, 11.8 Points, 5.7 PER, -0.067 WS/48

Notice the last thing...he's NEGATIVE in win shares so far. So, once again, I'll ask you, in what way is Fisher better than ANY point guard on this roster? The ONLY player worse in Win Shares per 48 minutes OR PER that has had a Mavericks uniform this year? Eddie Curry. No joke.

There is no stat that will support any ridiculous claim of Fisher being a good thing for this team. We haven't won either game he has played, his stats have been garbage, and he's taking minutes from BETTER PLAYERS, regardless of anyone's age.
    Did you seriously just take a 2 game sample size for Derek Fisher and think that counts as stats to prove anything?

Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

vCash
    Did you seriously just take a 2 game sample size for Derek Fisher and think that counts as stats to prove anything?
    Here's his career sample size:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...fishede01.html

Your comment would make any sense if Fisher was ever a good player. But he has never been a good player. The fact you think this is a sample size issue is because you just want to ignore facts. I'm not going to sit here and list stats I've already posted for people multiple times. Just go look at his career page.

Look at his four straight seasons of single digit PER. Look at the fact he's NEVER shot 45% from the field in any season. Hasn't been over 20% AST% since 2006. Has never had a DRtg under 101. He is terrible and has been his whole career. But good try with the sample size thing. What an absurd argument.
    Dr. Seuss

vCash

Lol facts cuts through lies like butter.
    "Its never gonna be the same....."

GIFSoup

DMF's insight in regards to advance stats.
    Who pays attention to all of that? Those stats mean nothing. They are made up by someone.
    if bulls win the series ill leave this site forever
    Bulls won the series.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12