Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76

Thread: Ranking the QBs

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,356
    vCash
    500
    blaine


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,356
    vCash
    500
    gabbert


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,356
    vCash
    500
    ****ing


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,356
    vCash
    500
    sucks


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,356
    vCash
    500
    !


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Where have we ranked in the passing game with him at qb? What has he done to compare to any of the ones that was mentioned? What is our record with him at QB?

    I can go on and on and on. Bring up how he's younger than most guys all you want, he hasn't done jack in his first 2 years in the league. You should be starting to show you can lead a team if your a franchise quarterback and he hasn't done that.

    Be done man. He isn't the answer. Mularkey seems to have lost faith in him even. Gabbert was planning on coming back a few weeks ago in the game. Henne played ok, and what happened? Gabbert went to questionable to return, than doubtful, than out. Where's he at now? The IR.
    The IR move could be just to make sure he's healthy by camp to see if he can compete for his job I think.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,508
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    Glennon's pocket presence could be his downfall in the NFL.
    Glennon is a project, but the tools are there. 6'7" with a strong arm. Would like if the Raiders drafted him.

    And I cringe every time when I think that Geno Smith could be the #1 overall pick
    Last edited by keymax; 12-06-2012 at 12:22 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Where have we ranked in the passing game with him at qb? What has he done to compare to any of the ones that was mentioned? What is our record with him at QB?

    I can go on and on and on. Bring up how he's younger than most guys all you want, he hasn't done jack in his first 2 years in the league. You should be starting to show you can lead a team if your a franchise quarterback and he hasn't done that.

    Be done man. He isn't the answer. Mularkey seems to have lost faith in him even. Gabbert was planning on coming back a few weeks ago in the game. Henne played ok, and what happened? Gabbert went to questionable to return, than doubtful, than out. Where's he at now? The IR.
    Well, obviously you stick with a guy who is having a good game, which Henne was, after Gabbert was hurt. That is the basic rule of job competition in the league. Henne gets paid more than Gabbert by the Jaguars, they have to play him if Blaine isn't 100% healthy. Otherwise why bother signing him? They could just have a minimum wage UDFA standing on the sideline taking notes just as well. The Jags season was done before Gabbert was hurt, and that had as much to do with the LEAGUE'S WORST DEFENSE, as it did with the offense. Given that the season was done, and the team is probably better off in the long term NOT WINNING ANY MORE GAMES, that Gabbert is playing hurt, and that they are paying Henne nearly $4 million per season standing on the sideline, it seemed like a fairly easy choice to make at the time. But that has nothing to do with Gabbert's long term prospects.

    He has started 24 games his first two seasons in the league. That was about what I hoped when they drafted him, although I had him sitting for the first half of his first season, and not the last half of his second season. This year he is in that group of young QBs, statistically. I think about half of them have better PR and Comp rates, half of them worse. He is also close to mid point in passes attempted for time on the field. Td/Int ratio is above average. Pretty much every one of the other young QBs has had better support around him as well.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    Gabbert's tools?

    Barkley can command, understand, and run a pro offense already and better than Gabbert. He's got a higher football IQ and he can read defenses like Manning.

    Geno is more accurate and has a better arm. And 5x the athlete.

    Pro experience is a moot point. Gabbert blows even with a year to learn the system. He can't grasp it and doesn't have the tools to run it.

    Rookies like RG3, Luck, Dalton, Newton, Tannehill and Wilson have all shown a great deal of promise and success. Then there are guys like Kaep and Ponder are successful while Gabbert has been left in the dust.

    Open your eyes dude.
    I agree with almost everything you argue against Gabbert, but let's not get carried away here. Barkley is not on Peyton Manning's reading level


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    I agree with almost everything you argue against Gabbert, but let's not get carried away here. Barkley is not on Peyton Manning's reading level
    Bob Bratkowksi, the Jags OC, said that Gabbert picked up the offensive system quicker than any QB he'd been around, and that includes Carson Palmer and Matt Ryan, at least. Lots of others, presumably, since Bratkowski has been coaching in the NFL for about 40 years it seems.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    I agree with almost everything you argue against Gabbert, but let's not get carried away here. Barkley is not on Peyton Manning's reading level
    I didn't say he was better, just that his adjustments at the line are very Peyton-esque.

    BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

    MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Well, if that's the case then most of the others mentioned in that list are in the same boat. If he's doing about the same, on average, as a bunch of guys playing the same position who are older, were drafted higher, and earn more money, what does that say about your "expectations"? Also, what does it say about the chances of a guy still in college coming in and doing better?
    I know you're delusional and lost in all this logic, but the system isn't the reason why Gabbert sucks. Gabbert sucks because... well, because Gabbert sucks. Get over it dude.

    The Panthers did the same thing with Delhomme for years. They held onto him telling themselves, he can do it, he can make the throws, and be the leader, and we just need to give him time and let him show it. He sucked and we wasted some good talent around him hoping he could turn it around.

    BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

    MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    I know you're delusional and lost in all this logic, but the system isn't the reason why Gabbert sucks. Gabbert sucks because... well, because Gabbert sucks. Get over it dude.

    The Panthers did the same thing with Delhomme for years. They held onto him telling themselves, he can do it, he can make the throws, and be the leader, and we just need to give him time and let him show it. He sucked and we wasted some good talent around him hoping he could turn it around.
    Wow, you picked a great example, genius.

    Panthers got Delhomme when he was 28 and had been in the league for 5 years. Then he went on to win 53 games for the Panthers while losing 37.

    Their record since he left.....11 wins, 33 losses. Boy they sure fixed their QB problem, didn't they?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    22,778
    vCash
    8600
    As a UT fan, I'm not sure if I want Bray to declare, but I think he could have decent success is a traditional offense

  15. #45
    Norm's Avatar
    Norm is online now Cardinalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,306
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Wow, you picked a great example, genius.

    Panthers got Delhomme when he was 28 and had been in the league for 5 years. Then he went on to win 53 games for the Panthers while losing 37.

    Their record since he left.....11 wins, 33 losses. Boy they sure fixed their QB problem, didn't they?
    Okay. Mark Sanchez.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •