Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

RG III's health over next two years?

The skins are winning now, but do you think he can stay healthy the next couple of years with his style of play. I see him up and down with injuries in the future. Thoughts?

vCash
    every qb takes hits...its not just rg3. Hes taking most hits when hes running out of the pocket. hes running out of the pocket because his oline isnt as good as it will be in the next few years. Hes not always going to be running. shanahan is making things easier and bringing him along progressivly until hes completely comfortable with this offense. ive said this before and ill say it again...if anyone knows the qb/rb/ol position its shanahan. hes not going to let rg3 run around for the rest of his career. the idea is slowly bring him along. if u noticed in the first few weeks rg3 was running left and right, and throwing alot of screen plays...he got that down, and since then hes been running less and throwing deeper balls more, and hes doing a ridiculous job of it. i would have enough faith in my coaching staff especially mike shanahan to trust that he knows what hes doing, and hes aware of the danger..moreso than any fan or analyst.

vCash
    He has a taget on his back, I sense a very short football career for him and it KILLS me to say that

vCash
    What hitman said. We arent going to be running this offense his whole career, its just a transition period. Hell be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyThirty View Post
    He has a taget on his back, I sense a very short football career for him and it KILLS me to say that
    Are you a redskins fan? Also, I think next year we will be able to tell if he is going to have a long career or not. Either or, I say they should draft a qb in the 2014 as an insurance policy.

vCash
    Isnt that what cousins is for

vCash
    he does have a target on his back....ESPN, NBC, FOX whoever....always sweat him soo bad with promos etc about him no wonder the DE's want to kill him. during the Giant game this monday it was all RG3 or Fletcher on tv all the time. i do see him making it 10 years at least but everyone gets hurt. big ben is one of the biggest Qb's and he's hurt all the time. i wouldn't be mad if we upgraded the OL even more just to protect our investment with RG3. anyway, thats my 2 cents.....

vCash
    “He went down real weird in the fourth quarter [Monday] night, bent his legs all up,” Cooley said. “It doesn’t even bother him. I mean, obviously you don’t want to see your quarterback take hits like that, but the way he works and the way he’s wired is just a little bit different than everyone else. I mean, literally, when you look at a guy that’s made to do something, he’s made to do what he’s doing.”

vCash
    RG3 is the black jesus. I think he'll be fine for the most part of his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    A few weeks ago when Andrew Luck was scrambling, lowering his head into defenders and hurling himself into guys trying to block, everyone was praising him for going all out and "doing whatever it takes to win."

When Griffin scrambles, he's asking for an injury and won't last long in the NFL, according to those same people.

I understand that the two are built differently, but they're both taking the same types of hits on those plays.

vCash
    Keep up the gimmick offense, he'll get jacked up.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    He might get jacked eventually. Maybe not. The zone-read stuff is going to be part of his game, but I feel we'll look more like a traditional offense once we get the right offensive line and other pieces to run an offense like that. Also, RG has been great at avoiding contact and also he lifts like a beast and is in good enough shape to take punishment most QB's wouldn't be able to.

vCash
    RG3 has already finished more games than Vick has in his entire life. It's possible that he could get knocked the **** out sometime this season, but next year the offense will be a little more conventional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyThirty View Post
    Doesn't every QB

vCash
    RG3 is the black jesus. I think he'll be fine for the most part of his career.
    I thought Jesus was black.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast