And we all just find it funny that you really think Pitt is one of the AFC "Big Boys" when they have proven to be, at best, the 5 th best team in the conference
2. "They're probably the most playoff experienced team in there". Well, the Pats, Ravens and Broncos have enough experience. I don't think it really matters compared to those teams. Houston's inexperience isn't something I think Houston fans should be worried about. The core of this team has been together enough, they're well coached and they have great leaders. Also, look what their experience got Pittsburgh last year. There's always a first time. Experience can be overrated. Great teams can win football games regardless. Green Bay didn't have much experience when they won. New Orleans hadn't been in the playoffs the two years prior to their Super Bowl win.
3. Injuries are a legit "excuse". But, you can't just sit here and say with full reassurance that "poof! suddenly things will be better". Troy is getting up there in age and has missed way more time than expected. Ike is going down at a terrible time, and even if he's back by the playoffs, he might not be 100%. Ben will be back, but only time will tell how healthy he is, and whether or not he can stay healthy (which is always an issue). It goes on and on. Yes, that's a BIG reason why they haven't looked amazing every game this year, but this problems can linger. It's not like the Steelers are going to be 100% in the playoffs. They'll be MUCH more healthy, but there are legit concerns. This is the time you want your team to start clicking on all cylinders, and it hasn't been able to happen yet.
4. Who says "Superbowl teams don't get blown out at home"? You? That's just a saying that means nothing and isn't based on any facts that prove it really has absolute predicting power. The Giants lost 4 home games last year, including bad losses to some bad teams. Not "blow outs", but two really pathetic losses. One bad loss to a Green Bay team doesn't "prove" anything. It's just a bad loss...and their only one of the year.
5. Pittsburgh defending their home field again might not matter. Houston has one loss at home this year, and yes it was a big loss, but whatever. Again, that's not "proof" of anything. They've been a great home team the past few years (with a healthy Schaub).
6. You keep coming up with these trivial reasons as to why Houston can't have playoff success, when there is literally nothing that suggests THIS YEAR'S Pittsburgh team can either. It's a pretty flimsy argument you're whipping up here. You are harping on tiny things about Houston, and ignoring/justifying a lot of things about Pittsburgh. It's weak.
7. The Steelers do look nice when healthy. They still have an absolutely elite defense, they have an offensive line that can push people around and they have a QB that makes things happen. But there are concerns, they aren't playing their best football now and injuries still are a question. We'll see. We can sit here and argue about it in a thread that has NOTHING to do with Pittsburgh, or we can just wait and find out (or ***** about it elsewhere).
8. Speaking of which, why the **** are we talking about Pittsburgh? I thought this was Patriots vs. Texans. Ugh...
this my sig
No one has seen Alpha Dog either. Surprised by the trend? Not everyone can be like lolPhillies and sack up and eat that crow, with no condiments. WSG will be back around, to be excruciatingly honest he is probably just laying low because of his recent ban, which for the life of me I can't figure out what he got banned for, someone enlighten me whilst we are on the subject.
WAR KING KOVALEV!
lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Kovalev/Gonzalez/Rigondeaux/Fury/Bradley/Brook/Lomachenko/Pacquiao/Alvarez
Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!
regardless of what happens in the last 4 games with any team. I feel the Texans will work up anybody and everybody they face in the AFC.
Texans vs. Niners superbowl
Hopefully cowboys though so we can have an ALL TEXAS superbowl....his will be done.
This is definitely a New England win, let's be serious, it's in New England, and Houston's defense struggles against elite QBs; not to mention that the patriots have played very well during their 6 game win streak. Last thing Houston is going to want is a shootout. Expect New England to throw the ball early and often. Houston has a lot riding on this game and could easily be at risk of losing home field in the playoff with this. (remember the remaining games are vs Ind, vs Min, and @Ind.)
For what it's worth, it's just the Cowboys have no chance. Nothing against the Texans.
Hearing it might be bad weather on Monday. I like it. Our stable of backs and strong defense should win this one. JJo coming back from injury should elevate the play of the secondary.
Beginning of the year the Texans are the sexy pick to go deep. They do what they're supposed to and exceed expectations and now they suck and are overrated! ? LMFAO. Whatever I won't let some insecure critics blow my high.
I got the texans winning this 27-24
It will be sad though if houston loses and everyone calls them overrated.... its not like they're playing the chiefs. that would be totally unjustified.
This is the game of the season, IMO.
Last edited by ne3xchamps; 12-08-2012 at 11:02 AM.