• New England Patriots

21 84.00%
  • Houston Texans

3 12.00%
  • Tie

1 4.00%
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
    vCash
    Obviously I did not pick this big of a blowout, but I'm not that surprised that the Pats did this. Brady did a great job of picking his spots and getting rid of the ball quickly, and that ultimately was too much. Watt was having an unbelievable game, but it didn't matter because Brady was feeling the pocket pretty well. The defense kept the Texans in front of them and didn't have any breakdowns. This is a large contrast from where the Pats were several weeks ago, but a smart Patriot fan shouldn't be shocked. Belichick's defenses typically become much more cohesive in the 2nd half of the season, and you can tell that every player knows their role now. Hopefully Talib is okay, but I fear he has re-injured his hip, which has been a problem for him during his career. Thankfully, McCourty can step in and play corner like he did tonight. With the way the front seven is playing, it will take a lot of pressure off of the secondary anyway. Vince Wilfork is playing at an All-Pro level, and Patricia has drawn up some very effective blitz packages. Mayo getting some opportunities to blitz has been very exciting to watch.

Next week will be a very tough game, but you have to like the Pats' chances since it at home again. Jim Harbaugh is a damn good coach, so it will be fun to see Belichick and Harbaugh go at it.
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 12-11-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Brady looked great in the pocket last night, earlier in the year I thought he was ducking some ghost rushers but now he has cleaned that all up.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    GTFO!! I love those pressers! It's like the media tries SOOOO hard to get BB to say somethings just to watch BB give some general bs answer.
    We are on the same page there.

vCash
    Welp.

Nothing for me to complain about this week. Hopefully none of those secondary injuries are too serious. What a game. I still think Houston and Denver are the class of the AFC, along with us obviously. So I'm ecstatic about this win. A good litmus test after a stretch of relatively easy competition.

vCash
    My only complaint is JMcD getting away from the run game for so long in the 3rd quarter.

Look, we finally have some guys that can run it down your throat, so why not utilize that when you're up late in a game to run the clock down?
    Perfection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHip View Post
    My only complaint is JMcD getting away from the run game for so long in the 3rd quarter.

Look, we finally have some guys that can run it down your throat, so why not utilize that when you're up late in a game to run the clock down?
    I was a bit distracted, but I think the Texans were lined up to stop the run, so they passed.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHip View Post

Yeah, we obviously stalled for a while there before the Stallworth bomb...but that defense changed things up on us, and it is a pretty solid defense after all. I'm not too worried about that.

vCash

vCash
    I think we need to utilize more 2 back plays in the no huddle. Set up in an I formation and move a RB wide to set up screen plays or quick passes.

Basically: Show run and pass. Show screen and run a reverse or cross a RB over to block on the weak side to open up a lane.

If we can have more dynamic run play calling and learn to attack all areas of the running game which consequently, will make us impossible to defend.

Playoff time I want to see us impose the running game on people.

I was proud of BB for not benching Ridley after the fumble early in the game. I can't blame Ridley he hasn't been coughing it up often!!

Now, one thing I have noticed on D is BB and Patricia is def opening up the playbook, my gosh we were unpredictable in rushing the passer we dominated their line and our runD was stout!!

stopping the run in Jan/Feb is essential we need to keep it up!!

PSD's Aaron Dropson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    Brady looked great in the pocket last night, earlier in the year I thought he was ducking some ghost rushers but now he has cleaned that all up.
    No doubt. As the offensive line has like a lot better throughout the year, Brady has looked much better.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344