21 84.00%
  • Houston Texans

3 12.00%
  • Tie

1 4.00%
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Can you guys please shut their cocky PSD fanbase up for me and prove me right. (check NFL Forum if wondering what the hell im talking about)
    Meh. They deserve to be cocky. You can argue that when healthy, no team has been as good as they have been the last two entire seasons. Even a loss on the road against us shouldn't discourage them too much.

vCash
    It's going to be a beat down. Pats 45 - 24

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Brady should throw some pump fakes to keep Watt guessing.

vCash
    This is going to be an awesome game. I can't wait!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports View Post
    I don't think there is any chance we end up at the #4 spot.

I see New England coming out of the AFC, relatively easily with the exception of the AFC Championship Game which will be tough no matter who the opponent is.

I have said, and will continue to say it. I do not fear Houston or Baltimore, or really anyone in the AFC. These are our biggest threats and my assessments, granted they are biased because I am a New England fan.

#1.) Texans (By Default)

They are not exactly playoff heroes. They gave up 257 yards to Andy Dalton (Rookie) AT HOME last year. Tom Brady will shred their overrated secondary. Stopping Arian Foster is impossible, but we have stopped Ray Rice multiple times. I feel like Andre Johnson is our biggest mismatch, because Talib has the tendency to be over-agressive and get torched. Either way, the Texans do not, and will not (barring a beat down on Monday Night) scare me.

#2.) Ravens

I know Baltimore basically beat us last year, but that team continues to prove that no matter how talented they are, they will always find a way to lose the game they need to win. No amount of injuries can make up for that pathetic performance against Pittsburgh. However, ANYTHING could happen if we have to travel to Baltimore.
    Terrible logic here. The Texans' only playoff games have been with a rookie, 5th round pick who entered the season as the 3rd string QB. Did you even watch the Cincinatti game? The Texans' Yates outplayed Dalton. And 250 yards is actually a pretty good day by the Texans' pass D considering the Bengals were playing from behind the entire second half.

And then the Texans proceeded to go toe-to-toe with the Ravens, in Baltimore, and absolutely dominated Flacco. The Texans played a much better game against the Ravens than the Pats did last year. As you said, the Ravens choked the AFC championship away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I could see it.

Stuff the run early with Spikes and big Vin. Not having Cunningham, and Jones (?) could hurt our otherwise solid pass rush though.

I see us scoring 35+ points though and its gonna come down to not turning the ball over and our defense to keep the Texans under 35.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    I could see it.

Stuff the run early with Spikes and big Vin. Not having Cunningham, and Jones (?) could hurt our otherwise solid pass rush though.

I see us scoring 35+ points though and its gonna come down to not turning the ball over and our defense to keep the Texans under 35.
    I see us stopping the run, or at least enough so they can't score enough so they have to give it up.

Their passing game isn't that tough. Will get yards, also will create turnovers.

They blitz too much on defense, Brady is going to pick them apart with 7-12 yard passes.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Man I just want to go to sleep and wake up monday night.... houston has looked more beatable lately, then earlier in the year. Pats got this. Gillette will be pumped up and Brady will show schaub how and ELITE QB gets it done.

GO PATS!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    agreed. It could very well be a beat down. Look at what rodgers did to them earlier this season. 450 yards for 6td's I think? Very possible this game gets ugly for them. Oh and it may snow monday night, just another wrench in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    I could see it.

Jones will most likely play. Hopefully Scott can have another big game and we'll be getting back Bolden(remember him?) from the suspension which allowed his knee to heal.

If the Pats can win out, especially with Brady playing well in our 2 upcoming games, I think he gets the MVP nod.

vCash
    Monday

55 | 39 °F

Rain Showers
    80% chance of precipitation
    A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' with the amount up to, and sometimes including, their life.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    ^Even better for New England.

While Brady has not been as effective in the rain in the past few years, and Hernandez having drops on occasion, he'll be good enough. But Schaub will force interceptions while believing he can throw all over this defense, and it will pay.

PREDICTION:

Patriots: 38
    Texans: 28

Notables:
    Brady: 284 yards passing, 2 TDs
    Ridley: 13 carries, 87 yards rushing, 1 TD
    Lloyd: 7 catches, 92 yards receiving, 1 TD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GSPftw View Post
    Terrible logic here. The Texans' only playoff games have been with a rookie, 5th round pick who entered the season as the 3rd string QB. Did you even watch the Cincinatti game? The Texans' Yates outplayed Dalton. And 250 yards is actually a pretty good day by the Texans' pass D considering the Bengals were playing from behind the entire second half.

And then the Texans proceeded to go toe-to-toe with the Ravens, in Baltimore, and absolutely dominated Flacco. The Texans played a much better game against the Ravens than the Pats did last year. As you said, the Ravens choked the AFC championship away.
    Except for the part where the Patriots actually won the game while the Texans lost. As Bill would say "I'll take the win".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Jones will most likely play. Hopefully Scott can have another big game and we'll be getting back Bolden(remember him?) from the suspension which allowed his knee to heal.

If the Pats can win out, especially with Brady playing well in our 2 upcoming games, I think he gets the MVP nod.
    Doubtful, the media has already decided they want to give it to Peyton. Peyton could throw 10 picks over the next 3-4 games and still win the MVP. It's what the media wants to do. They don't care about the actual results, they want to just vote based on the story and their golden child, which is Peyton.

vCash
    Yeah, Peyton has probably got a ton of cushion over Brady right now. Their odds to win out are probably a bit higher than our odds too.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast