Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Was Patriots stategy vs Miami ‘Disrespectful’??

I didnt really know where to put this so merge or close if needed

hahahaha thoughts on this?

BOSTON (CBS) — We’ve all heard about teams, coaches and especially media members accusing the Patriots of “running up” scores in the past, but this is certainly a new one.

With the Patriots’ lead cut to just seven points midway through the fourth quarter of last week’s win, Tom Brady and the offense took over at the Miami 20-yard line and drove 77 yards on 16 plays, burning 7:18 off the clock and tacking on a field goal to put the game out of reach for the Dolphins. They did so by handing off the ball 10 times to Stevan Ridley, who gained 46 yards, and also giving the ball to Shane Vereen for an eight-yard run.

Miami’s defense proved incapable of stopping or even slowing the Patriots’ rushing attack, and it cost the Dolphins a chance at winning. Despite their own inability to do their jobs, some Dolphins are claiming the Patriots were being “disrespectful” with their strategy.

“It really (ticked) me off. It was disrespectful to us to run the same play over and over and be successful,” defensive tackle Tony McDaniel told the Palm Beach Post’s Brian Biggane. “Normally when somebody’s driving down the field you just think, ‘Well, they just had a good run there,’ but you run the same play over and over, as a competitor that (ticks) me off.”

Randy Starks, McDaniel’s defensive linemate, agreed, though he didn’t seem to blame the Patriots for doing what they did.

“It is disrespectful, but you’ve got to stop it,” Starks told Biggane. “We never stopped it, so I’d keep running the same play, too.”

Alas, whether it’s keeping Brady in the game, scoring points in the fourth quarter or simply running the ball up the middle for easy gains, the Patriots just can’t seem to beat an opponent without making somebody upset.

As for the Dolphins, they better prepare for a whole lot more disrespect: They’re traveling to San Francisco on Sunday to take on the 49ers and their second-ranked rushing attack. With 162.1 rushing yards per game and 5.27 yards per rushing attempt, San Francisco likely has a whole of “disrespect” in the game plan. Dolphins players might want to worry more about stopping it than about their feelings getting hurt.
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    whiny little *****es

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Wow. That is outrageous.

An all time low in terms of Patriots criticism.

vCash
    It is a silly thesis. There is nothing more defining as an NFL strategy than what is considered a "4 minute offense," using the running game to eat clock when holding a lead in a game and preventing the opposition from having the ball with enough time to score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Wow. That is outrageous.

An all time low in terms of Patriots criticism.
    This, if anything deserves one of these "" it's this...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    Before the game we were "no different from the bills"
    now we're disrespectful?

funny group of people there.

If I were Josh McD I'd open the next game with an entire series of that play regardless if it is working or not. Just to piss them off.
    Last edited by lolollort; 12-07-2012 at 02:57 PM.

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    really? The dolphins are a bunch of ****ing babies

vCash
    Granted, this was just one person (two I guess) saying this. I'm a bit hesitant to make broad claims about the Dolphins because of these stupid comments.

vCash
    For the sake of the Dolphins, I hope this is just bad journalism. If not, it's worthy to say these things.

vCash
    Yeah it is so disrespectful to keep running the same play when you know the defense can't stop it. We should have just handed the ball off to the defense and let them score a touchdown. WTF were we thinking?

You wanna know whats disrespectful? Tackling AH by his facemask so he doesn't score a touchdown.

vCash
    Hmmm...seems like maybe their attempting to use the word "disrespecful,' in a somewhat different capacity then what we're used to? Grasping at straws a little...but it doesn't make sense any way else haha

vCash
    How DARE the patriots try to win the game. You know what they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The Dolphins are just terrible, to know exactly what is coming and still not stop it, well you suck, that is the only way to explain it.
    -

vCash
    NBA Legion @MySportsLegion · Jul 11

Heat band-wagoners are officially leaving...the Heat twitter account has lost nearly 300,000 followers since LeBron's announcement.

vCash
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Well, this makes things easy.

Now whenever someone complains about the Pats running up the score, this litarally proves that there is nothing the Pats can so that would meet opponents criteria for good sportsmanship.

Here's the thing, Mr. Dolphin.... stop the play. Its not bad sportsmanship, its a gift. Like "Here Timmy, here's the same exact play. You just go out there and stop the guy... because you know what's goign to happen... literally. C'mon Timmy, YOU CAN DO IT!!!".

No? Can't do it little Timmy? Then perhaps professional football isn't your thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast