Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Amazing Spiderman 2 news

Dane DeHaan has been cast as Harry Osborn in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2." Director Marc Webb revealed the news via his Twitter account on Monday afternoon, bypassing tradition trade outlets such as Variety or Deadline.com

"Meet Harry Osborn," Webb wrote on his verified Twitter account with a photo of DeHaan and the actor's Twitter handle also included in the missive.

"To say I'm excited is an understatement.#HarryOsborn #ASM2," DeHaan tweeted following Webb's reveal, which also came via Twitter.

"All this love is makin' me feel all tingly inside. Thanks ya'll," added the 25-year-old actor.

DeHaan joins Jamie Foxx, who was cast as the villain Elektro, for the sequel.

Harry Osborn, played by James Franco in the first Spider-Man trilogy, is Peter Parker's friend and some of Norman Osborn who becomes the Green Goblin. The younger Osborn eventually turns away from his friend to take up his father's mantle to become a new Green Goblin.

Earlier in 2012, DeHaan starred in the surprise hit "Chronicle" and had a key supporting part in "Lawless."

DeHaan, who bears a striking resemblance to a younger Leonardo DiCaprio, also has a brief appearance in "Lincoln," playing a solider infatuated with the president.

"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" set to arrive in theaters May 2, 2014.
    Also, Jamie Foxx has been announced as Electro.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Lol Jamie Foxx

vCash
    Jamie Foxx?

Ok

The other kid was annoying in Chronicle, but he could be alright.

vCash
    Are you sure Fox was confirmed? i thought he wore that Elektro costume as a halloween joke. If they do have him in it and when they kill Stacy off (if they do kill for off for MJ) then i will just walk out the theatre.

vCash
    Some seriously exciting casting news from the people behind Amazing Spider-Man 2 hit the web yesterday, and it is sure to have people talking.

After a month of rumors and speculation, it was finally confirmed by ET Online that Jamie Foxx (Ray, Any Given Sunday) will be joining the cast as the villain Electro. For those that do not know, Electro is one of Spider-Man's greatest foes, and has been hounding the web-slinger since the 1960s. Immediately after people saw the lightning-filled, ominous ending of the first Amazing Spider-Man, the web blew up with guesses as to who the mystery character was. Was it all a figment of the delusional Dr. Connors' imagination? Was it Norman Osborn, the owner of Oscorp? Well, since the man it showed seemed to be older, and also seemed to disappear into thin air, it is safe to assume that it wasn't Foxx's Electro character. So, does that mean it was Connors' imagination? Or is it Norman Osborn showing Connors that he is in charge? Guess we will have to wait and see.

In another piece of exciting casting news, "Amazing Spider-Man" director Mark Webb announced that Dane DeHaan (Chronicle) will be playing Harry Osborn in the upcoming sequel. Osborn, the son of Oscorp owner Norman Osborn, is well known to fans of the comic as not only Peter Parker's best friend, but the second person to be the villainous Green Goblin. Played by James Franco in the Sam Raimi series of Spider-Man films, Harry is a huge part of Parker's life, and leaves an indelible mark on him forever with his turn as the successor to his father's Goblin. DeHaan is a fantastic young actor with great emotional range -- watch Lawless and Chronicle to see his best work thus far -- and a great choice to show how Parker could have ended up if he had chosen a different path.

It is definitely a great time to be a comic book fan!

Check back soon for more news on "Amazing Spider-Man 2" as it becomes available!

(Information released on 12/3/12)

vCash
    jamie foxx? electro? i don't see it. his *** better surprise me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Are you sure Fox was confirmed? i thought he wore that Elektro costume as a halloween joke. If they do have him in it and when they kill Stacy off (if they do kill for off for MJ) then i will just walk out the theatre.
    You should stand up in the middle of the theater and say **** this ****.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Didn't like the first one and certainly looking like they are out to make this one even worse....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Didn't like the first one and certainly looking like they are out to make this one even worse....
    Exactly what I thought, Foxx really??

vCash
    I guess a lot of black people didnt go see spiderman

vCash
    Can't we just call this Twilight/Hipster Spiderman?

I do have to say that Chronicle was awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    You should stand up in the middle of the theater and say **** this ****.
    lol. i should

vCash
    Jamie Foxx is a terrible choice for any villain. He did well in Collateral, and he looks to have done well in Django Unchained, and Ray, but I cannot see him as a villain. This is why BB, TDK, TDKR, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, the original Spiderman and the X-Men franchise are good movies. They have good villains. You look at successful super hero movies and the best ones are the ones with the best villains. Disappointing.

vCash
    im not big on Jamie Foxx they couldve gotten someone better.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    as long as JK simmons is jj jameson again i dont care who they cast. simmons was THE best jameson you can get
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast