Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Return of Chucky?

@Hub_Arkush of @ProFootballWkly just told @Boers_Bernstein that Jon Gruden and the #Raiders are in talks to bring him back to Oakland.
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-o...69&feedID=2801

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...bout-a-return/

the original rumor here:

The latest scuttlebutt in the league has Gruden, on the brink of turning age 50, in line to rejoin the Raiders' organization in a prominent role. The franchise’s downturn can be traced directly back to his departure a decade ago, he has a relationship with GM Reggie McKenzie from their time together in Green Bay and he has an even better understanding of the infrastructure in Oakland and as much familiarity with the Al Davis brand of football as anyone in football. With more autonomy to run the organization how he sees fit, adapting a model that Davis taught him, Gruden is very well-positioned to resurrect a faltering franchise that went 0-for-November and has yet to win a game since owner Mark Davis put everyone on notice and said he was not pleased with the direction of the team.
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...otgun-overload

McGOAT

vCash
    Thank God, keep him away from Philly.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Lol Chucky isn't a good football coach.

vCash
    Not gonna happen.

vCash
    Why would he touch that franchise? You'd think there would be better offers

vCash
    I'm Actually Hoping We Get Gruden
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Thank God, keep him away from Philly.
    So Who is your best choice? Please dont tell me some college Coach that has never been in the Nfl
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Why would he touch that franchise? You'd think there would be better offers
    He loves our fans. I would actually be fine with it because Reggie is a hands on GM. This way Gruden will not have final say on personnel decisions. He's a good coach but horrible personnel man. I still want continuity with our HC though. Dennis Allen is a rookie HC so he makes mistakes. hopefully we can cut loose on both our coodrinators and bring in vets like Crennel for DC and gailey for OC, this way he will have a lot of help.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I thought you were talking about the orange hair dude from rugrat

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    He loves our fans. I would actually be fine with it because Reggie is a hands on GM. This way Gruden will not have final say on personnel decisions. He's a good coach but horrible personnel man. I still want continuity with our HC though. Dennis Allen is a rookie HC so he makes mistakes. hopefully we can cut loose on both our coodrinators and bring in vets like Crennel for DC and gailey for OC, this way he will have a lot of help.
    Yes, you need more stability at HC. He'd be a great hire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles710 View Post
    So Who is your best choice? Please dont tell me some college Coach that has never been in the Nfl

The Eagles have a total of 3 titles if you are trying to be accurate.

vCash
    Gruden is a pretty safe pick, who you know can win, and who you know will put some fire into your team.

True MVP 49ers 2012

vCash
    He's not a good coach.

vCash
    I think you guys are missing the point. There's no way this is happening. The Raiders are trying to distance themselves from Al Davis' crazy final years and become a stable organization. You don't do that by firing your coach. They have had 7 coaches in the 10 years since Gruden left. They want stability, Allen is getting another year.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I think you guys are missing the point. There's no way this is happening. The Raiders are trying to distance themselves from Al Davis' crazy final years and become a stable organization. You don't do that by firing your coach. They have had 7 coaches in the 10 years since Gruden left. They want stability, Allen is getting another year.
    He better DO something with that final year. It'll be tough to win the division with Manning in a Broncos uniform so that team's only hope next year could be a wildcard spot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast