Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Michael Richards returns to series TV

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...29c5_blog.html

In his first regular series role in more than a decade, “Seinfeld” alum Michael Richards is set to co-star opposite “Cheers’” veterans Kirstie Alley and Rhea Perlman in the TV Land pilot “Giant Baby,” the Web site Deadline reports.

Alley stars as a Broadway diva whose son turns up, looking to connect with her after his adopted mother dies. Richards will play Alley’s limo driver.

Richards was a fan fave on NBC’s long-running “Seinfeld,” after which his own NBC series tanked quickly. Except for a Seinfeld story arc on Larry David’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm” on HBO, Richards has not had a regular TV series gig since. He did, however, continue to perform at comedy clubs — which got him into hot water in ’06, after an on-stage tirade and racist slur, in response to a heckler, was caught on tape, and then some people claimed it was a trend.

“I busted up after that event, seven years ago,” he told Seinfeld in an episode of the latter’s new Web series, “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.”

Responded Seinfeld: “That’s up to you, to say: ‘I’ve been carrying this bag long enough. I’m going to put it down,’ ” adding later: “I hope that you do consider using your instrument again, because it’s the most beautiful instrument I’ve ever seen.”

vCash
    Holy ****, was that really 7 years ago already? Damn.

vCash
    Dude is hilarious. I saw that Seinfeld (Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee) episode, the dude still has that funny left. I would watch it and see whats up.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    i'd watch it for richards and pearlman... but if alley is the main character/focus, i can guarantee this will suck
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    This could be interesting although I doubt I watch it.As for the reference to comedians in cars getting coffee, both the richards and Larry David episodes are amazing.

Seinfeld, as arrogant as he has become, does a good job with the show. I have found it to be very entertaining.

vCash
    cna't beleive his outburst was already 7 years ago
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Racist
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

vCash
    not sure how i feel about this... 3 crappy actors doesn't make a right.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 132 tackles / 2.5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    ^But Kristie Alley these days