Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I don't know why they can't use it, there are teams in the Arena league that have the same name as NHL WNBA etc teams, the strom, sharks, preditors there is a lot of repeate in lots of different sports, that's why we have 2 giants and 2 cardinals
    i was wondering that myself.... unless there is some weird rule where two teams cant be in the same market... i dont know.

if its a different logo, colors etc i dont see why they couldnt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    VooDoo can be brought out, using the money from Jordan buying the Hornets from us!
    I hope that's possible.

It's common knowledge Benson made a run at the Voodoo brand, but no go.

People need to deal with the fact that the guy isn't about to shell out a bunch of cash for a brand he created.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
    I hope that's possible.

It's common knowledge Benson made a run at the Voodoo brand, but no go.

People need to deal with the fact that the guy isn't about to shell out a bunch of cash for a brand he created.
    Why not? He sold it! #smh
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    New Orleans Roux would be better than pelicans.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzgrizz View Post
    New Orleans Roux would be better than pelicans.
    ^ ....and that's why Tom Benson is picking his silly name of "Pelicans" bcuz other Louisianians are picking silly names as well! Smh,,, can't we do anything right down south! My Gawd

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    Why not? He sold it! #smh
    Would you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
    Would you?
    Yes I would! The money I'll get from selling the Hornets name to Charlotte would go towards buying the Jazz or VooDoo name! Plus, the money off of marketing my teams Gear/Merchandise would bring back the money's spent right back into my pocket!

Just like selling your house and buying a new one! OR

Selling dope, you flip it cuz!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 12-07-2012 at 06:50 PM.

From my Stephen-

vCash
    I hope it isn't the Pelicans but if it is, then oh well I will support it
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    I hope it isn't the Pelicans but if it is, then oh well I will support it
    I feel you Big V, but with us being a small market and low attendance in the NBA, the fans like yourself that's very supportive no matter what, won't get the Tom Benson's Pelicans out of the bottom half of the low sellers in merchandise department of the NBA! And NBA fans outside Louisiana sure in the hell won't support it, they considers it a laughing stock name!

I'm a born New Orleanian and a season ticket holder. And for all of the back lash I've seen and heard on other sites towards fans that's not supportive of the Pelican name amazes me bcuz all of that loyalty(suppose loyalty), I'm still sitting in the Hive by my damn self during games! Honestly, the people here hates the NBA players and hardly watch the games. They only love college ball, saying its pure or LSU sports. Im not forgetting the Saints but all of the Pelican support is fake. Here in Louisiana, they could care less of the NBA and its players! #Fact

....and the name Pelicans doesn't relate or connect to the real NBA fans/supporters who are in the inner cities! Marketing will struggle with this name World Wide!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 12-08-2012 at 03:03 AM.

From my Stephen-

vCash
    I hope this recent back last feedback that the Benson's have seen strive them to change it, fans want a mean name, not some weird looking bird, I will support this franchise no matter what,but not everyone thinks like me, the New Orleans population might lose some fans because of the name alone
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    I personally talked to a New Orleans Hornets employee(he called me asking if I knew of potential ticket buyers for seasonal packages), but I asked him about the Pelican name change per the yahoo reporter. The Staffer said that the article was a scam, the guy was just trying to start a headline for buz stir ups. Mr. Benson hasn't chosen a name and he surely hasn't picked the Pelicans as the name he was going with! But the yahoo! article did bring a "cost free" start on selecting the HORNETS new name w/o doing much work. Meaning that the Public's out cry was so intense of being against the Pelican name even though he owns the naming rights. Mr. Benson had no other choice but to notice the negativity and Public laughter from the outside. Mr Benson and Commisioner Stern both agree that in Business, its best to select a Name that will be Marketable in & outside the state of Louisiana, World Wide actually. With 82% of Louisiana fans voting "NO" towards the Pelicans name in a recent poll, and the public laughter world wide, both men notice quickly that this name will not be selected when that time comes to select the new name next season!

*If you don't believe me, just call yourself @ 504)593-4976 to inquire of the name change
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 12-10-2012 at 07:56 PM.

From my Stephen-

vCash
    I personally talked to a New Orleans Hornets employee(he called me asking if I knew of potential ticket buyers for seasonal packages), but I asked him about the Pelican name change per the yahoo reporter. The Staffer said that the article was a scam, the guy was just trying to start a headline for buz stir ups. Mr. Benson hasn't chosen a name and he surely hasn't picked the Pelicans as the name he was going with! But the yahoo! article did bring a "cost free" start on selecting the HORNETS new name w/o doing much work. Meaning that the Public's out cry was so intense of being against the Pelican name, that Mr. Benson had no other choice but to notice the negativity and Public laughter from the outside, that he and Commisioner Stern both agree that in Business, it is best to select a Name that will be Marketable in & outside the state of Louisiana. With 82% of Louisiana fans voting "NO" towards the Pelicans name in a recent poll, and the public laughter world wide, both men notice quickly that this name will not be selected when that time comes to select the new name next season!

*If you don't believe me, just call yourself @ 504)593-4976 to inquire of the name change
    i like pelicans more then most... but im honestly hoping this is true. good work bro

vCash
    I personally talked to a New Orleans Hornets employee(he called me asking if I knew of potential ticket buyers for seasonal packages), but I asked him about the Pelican name change per the yahoo reporter. The Staffer said that the article was a scam, the guy was just trying to start a headline for buz stir ups. Mr. Benson hasn't chosen a name and he surely hasn't picked the Pelicans as the name he was going with! But the yahoo! article did bring a "cost free" start on selecting the HORNETS new name w/o doing much work. Meaning that the Public's out cry was so intense of being against the Pelican name even though he owns the naming rights. Mr. Benson had no other choice but to notice the negativity and Public laughter from the outside. Mr Benson and Commisioner Stern both agree that in Business, its best to select a Name that will be Marketable in & outside the state of Louisiana, World Wide actually. With 82% of Louisiana fans voting "NO" towards the Pelicans name in a recent poll, and the public laughter world wide, both men notice quickly that this name will not be selected when that time comes to select the new name next season!

It just makes sense. Of all the names you can choose why pick one with so much negativity attached to it already. Even if all the polls isn't done scientifically it's not good to divide the fan base when so many people feel so strongly about it.

I hear some supporter of Pelicans say a name will grow on you. Then why are the Bobcats waiting to rebrand back to the Hornets? Hell I have seen rumors that said the Wizards are thinking about changing their name.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 12-11-2012 at 06:49 PM.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

vCash
    The Krewe would be pretty sick for you guys, IMO.

Detroit Lions (7-3)
    AAL - Teryl Austin (Defensive Coordinator)

-----
    Detroit Pistons (3-10)
    #MaxMooseMonroe

vCash
    The Voodoo tweeted "time to change some things"

seems innocent enough but it was deleted hours later. deal in the works?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast