Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Jeff..... It sucks!
    if its the name then so be it.... i rather be a ******** bird then to be confused for the bobcats or the Jazz.

its not that bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    if its the name then so be it.... i rather be a ******** bird then to be confused for the bobcats or the Jazz.

its not that bad
    Lol, you're talking about being disrespected by the media referring us as tge Charlotte Hornets and the Utah Jazz(???), well I'll say this,
    The south never gets respect from the other states, but now lets throw in the PELICANS!

Bottom line, it sucks bro! And Tom Benson will see this with the inability to market this team under the PELICAN name. Kids will be scared of the mascot, the mascot won't be athletic during time outs, and merchandizing will suffer from its out of touch vibe to the world!

FYI:
    Remember, fans bring in the money and again 82% of the local fan base voted "NO", and the outsiders are laughing! #GoodLuck
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 12-05-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Lol, you're talking about being disrespected by the media referring us as tge Charlotte Hornets and the Utah Jazz(???), well I'll say this,
    The south never gets respect from the other states, but now lets throw in the PELICANS!
    at least its our identity, although not one i care too much for. i hate everything Charlottle and Utah so to never be associated with them again is great.

and why ***** about something thats clearly going to happen at some point. its by far not my first choice but its either embrace it or just complain about it for the next 10 years. i rather just get on board.

but yahoo jumps the gun on many stories so its not set in stone yet

vCash
    at least its our identity, although not one i care too much for. i hate everything Charlottle and Utah so to never be associated with them again is great.

and why ***** about something thats clearly going to happen at some point. its by far not my first choice but its either embrace it or just complain about it for the next 10 years. i rather just get on board.

but yahoo jumps the gun on many stories so its not set in stone yet
    The Pelicans is not our indentity here in New Orleans! Ask a New Orleanian today, and like I've said 82% said no!

It was voted on and if the fans push for it, it can be changed! Plus Stern could refuse to approve it

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    and i reeeeeeaallly hope he does. but if he doesnt then oh well.

#stillbetterthenspirit

vCash
    i just believe if marketed right, it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world

vCash
    i just believe if marketed right, it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world
    Lol.... You can't market a Pelican!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    i hope he listens to those poll numbers or Stern works his magic.... but if not we'll be the Derp Derp birds

vCash
    Pelicans is such a stupid name, New Orleans Voodoo, Brass, Flavor, Sound, LeFluer, Parish ANY VERB is better than the pelicans.
    Last edited by ciaban; 12-06-2012 at 07:32 AM.

vCash
    the fighting steven segals is better.

vCash
    Voodoo and Knights are the only good ones imo, Cardinals is ok

vCash
    Voodoo isn't available, Knights make no sense and is way to generic, and Cardinals? Well there is already two teams with that name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
    Voodoo isn't available, Knights make no sense and is way to generic, and Cardinals? Well there is already two teams with that name.
    VooDoo can be brought out, using the money from Jordan buying the Hornets from us!

Knights are very much associated with New Orleans bcuz of the Worldly known St Aug. Purple Knights!

•We have options, rather than a convenient financial Pelican name that Tom Benson may have but isn't beloved by today's New Orleans! On another end of the topic, basketball and the NBA are closely linked to the inner rural city's/hip hop communities of the World. The word Pelicans as a mascot will not be excepted bro. A name and colors matter in marketing. Tom Benson want the color BLACK bcuz Black sells big time in jerseys/Franchise Merchandize in Professional Sports, but Stern turned him down bcuz he said the NBA had to many teams with that color. So Benson went with Blue instead! #ItMatters

From my Stephen-

vCash
    VooDoo can be brought out, using the money from Jordan buying the Hornets from us!

Knights are very much associated with New Orleans bcuz of the Worldly known St Aug. Purple Knights!

•We have options, rather than a convenient financial Pelican name that Tom Benson may have but isn't beloved by today's New Orleans! On another end of the topic, basketball and the NBA are closely linked to the inner rural city's/hip hop communities of the World. The word Pelicans as a mascot will not be excepted bro. A name and colors matter in marketing. Tom Benson want the color BLACK bcuz Black sells big time in jerseys/Franchise Merchandize in Professional Sports, but Stern turned him down bcuz he said the NBA had to many teams with that color. So Benson went with Blue instead! #ItMatters

i'm almost sure if Voodoo were a possibility it would be happening right now...money aint no issue but those pricks are intent on not selling.

what sucks is that league will fold in a couple years if that....i'm dying for the voodoo name but i gave up on that bro

vCash
    i'm almost sure if Voodoo were a possibility it would be happening right now...money aint no issue but those pricks are intent on not selling.

what sucks is that league will fold in a couple years if that....i'm dying for the voodoo name but i gave up on that bro
    I don't know why they can't use it, there are teams in the Arena league that have the same name as NHL WNBA etc teams, the strom, sharks, preditors there is a lot of repeate in lots of different sports, that's why we have 2 giants and 2 cardinals

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast