Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Does David Hit 400 Hrs in his career?
    I highly doubt it, unless he is still effective beyond his current contract.

I'd say he hits around 350 HR because he probably won't be as durable as he was so far as a Met and I don't think he is a 30 HR guy anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Davie watches the Mets 2012 highlight film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfTwJQmvk0U
    heheh
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Jeff Wilpon said David Wright formally will be named captain if players ask in spring training, but to Wilpon he's already de facto captain

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    i really like David Wright and he has been a great soldier and team playerr. But I feel bad for him that he will not get to experience the World Series or even postseason again as long as the Wilpons run this team. He needs support around his bat but they will continue to put batters that hit lower than the Mendoza line. Congrats on your contract your worth more than the Mets are worth.

vCash
    I say 417 before it's all said and done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I highly doubt it, unless he is still effective beyond his current contract.

I'd say he hits around 350 HR because he probably won't be as durable as he was so far as a Met and I don't think he is a 30 HR guy anymore.
    Give him more help in that lineup like he had with Beltran and Delgado and he can easily be a yearly 30 homerun guy. But where are you going to find guys like that. He has the capability too just needs the protection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    i really like David Wright and he has been a great soldier and team playerr. But I feel bad for him that he will not get to experience the World Series or even postseason again as long as the Wilpons run this team. He needs support around his bat but they will continue to put batters that hit lower than the Mendoza line. Congrats on your contract your worth more than the Mets are worth.
    Since the Mets have been in post season play while the Wilpons were the majority owners and since many teams have reached the W.S. with modest payrolls, this claim is quickly dismissed. It is possible.

Also, David Wright clearly and confidently disagrees with you.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 12-05-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Since the Mets have been in post season play while the Wilpons were the majority owners and since many teams have reached the W.S. with modest payrolls, this claim is quickly dismissed. It is possible.

David Wright signed for $138 million dollars. Of course he's going to disagree with any statements lamenting his team's chances under his present owners.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    David Wright signed for $138 million dollars. Of course he's going to disagree with any statements lamenting his team's chances under his present owners.
    Cop out response.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Cop out response.
    Bull spit. It's called reality.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    David Wright would also never ever say anything negative about the Mets or their owners and yes he got paid a **** load of money by those owners, so he should never ever have anything negative to say about them or the GM.

vCash
    I think he can do 25 a year if he is healthy. I don't see why not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    I think he can do 25 a year if he is healthy. I don't see why not.
    I like this guy.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    On a related note...here's a cute video from a couple days ago.

Wright (and Jeff Wilpon) went to visit a school in Staten Island in an area that was hard hit by the storm. A little girl says DW has a "heart of gold"

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/n...land/182450241

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash

Cop out response.
    Bull spit. It's called reality.
    Absolutely.

FoC you're spot on. It's actually a no-brainer. Unfortunately, some people don't understand the business world.

If We Can't Get Tulo Then Sign This Free Agent For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast