Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    i really like David Wright and he has been a great soldier and team playerr. But I feel bad for him that he will not get to experience the World Series or even postseason again as long as the Wilpons run this team. He needs support around his bat but they will continue to put batters that hit lower than the Mendoza line. Congrats on your contract your worth more than the Mets are worth.
    I agree with you that DW won't fully reach elite numbers again unless he has the protection of a Carlos Beltran and Carlos Delgado type hitters surrounding him.

My First Choice For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I agree with you that DW won't fully reach elite numbers again unless he has the protection of a Carlos Beltran and Carlos Delgado type hitters surrounding him.
    As of now, all we really have is Ike, and if the Mets are up against a lefty (the ones that David eats for breakfast), they'd gladly walk Wright to pitch to Davis.

vCash
    I don't think Wright is lying when he says he thinks the team can win. Yes, a large part of why he signed here was he got a good offer...but he could get paid a ton of money wherever he goes....he didn't have to stay here to get paid.

That said it probably doesn't take much to convince him the Mets will be good. I do believe he is sincere when he talked about loving the Mets org and wanting to stay... I think when a guy has that mindset and is sorta already attached to the organization to a degree he's a lot easier to convince.

But regardless....a lot can happen in 8 years and I don't think the Mets are in nearly as bad of shape as many seem to think. It's not impossible for them to turn things around.

vCash
    Re-signing Wright was a waste. We know the Wilpons won't be spending, and that we have to build a team in spite of the Wilpon's cheapness. Knowing this, re-signing him was not the right move.

We could have traded R.A. and David Wright, and have gotten back monster packages for some of the best prospects out there that could have come up along with our young pitchers. But now we're just going to be a mediocre 4th place team starring David Wright. Wake me up when the season is over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123