Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    What do you think about Brady Quinn? He's definitely talented and brings solid leadership skills. He has never really been given a fair chance at the NFL level.
    No I'd rather roll wit McElroy. Matt Flynn, Moore, what about Orton or D Dixon. Man there's this kid Portis he's a project but we need to acquire him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    No I'd rather roll wit McElroy. Matt Flynn, Moore, what about Orton or D Dixon. Man there's this kid Portis he's a project but we need to acquire him.
    Flynn's salary is 5.25M next season. Sanchez' total cap value is a bit over 12M (if I remember correctly). We'd be paying a lot for mediocrity at the QB position.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Yeah, Quinn has had durability issues. Doesn't that put Garrard in a similar position. He's better than Quinn, but he's getting older and has had recent injury issues.
    Garard could at least lead the team if Sanchez went down or had to be replaced. The knee injury this year is not worrysome, and his back is apparently not a problem any more. He might not be much more durable than Quinn, but he's a much better QB.

I really hate what they did to Stanton. He was the perfect backup, and probably would have played a bit this year in games that Sanchez struggled, and he'd be the perfect guy to have next year.

Maybe Tarvaris Jackson?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Garard could at least lead the team if Sanchez went down or had to be replaced. The knee injury this year is not worrysome, and his back is apparently not a problem any more. He might not be much more durable than Quinn, but he's a much better QB.

I really hate what they did to Stanton. He was the perfect backup, and probably would have played a bit this year in games that Sanchez struggled, and he'd be the perfect guy to have next year.

Maybe Tarvaris Jackson?
    Yeah, I was talking about the back injury. I haven't checked for any updates but any type of back injury is usually dangerous and it tends to linger.

If we're just throwing names out there... Chase Daniel? He's a short QB, but was a productive college player and has sat behind Brees all these years. He might've learned a thing or two.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Flynn's salary is 5.25M next season. Sanchez' total cap value is a bit over 12M (if I remember correctly). We'd be paying a lot for mediocrity at the QB position.
    Flynn, like Smith is too expensive as a second QB with Sanchez's contract. Also, Flynn will likely cost a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I don't see the Seahawks trading him for less.

I also can't fall in love with a 5th year QB who couldn't beat out a rookie for the starting job. He looked great in GB, but Cassell looked great in NE.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Flynn, like Smith is too expensive as a second QB with Sanchez's contract. Also, Flynn will likely cost a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I don't see the Seahawks trading him for less.

I also can't fall in love with a 5th year QB who couldn't beat out a rookie for the starting job. He looked great in GB, but Cassell looked great in NE.
    That rookie is playing some exceptional football. 20-9 TD-INT ratio, 63.0 cmp %, 94.9 rating.

He isn't asked to do a lot. He's pretty much a game manager with their defense and running game but he's a damn good game manager.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Yeah I don't want Flynn just the it out as a name i've heard which isn't half bad. Garrard should have been the guy this post year but he was hurt right.

Please no on tavarius Jackson, if we bring someone in to be legit backup gotta be someone not like Mark, smart, accurate & seasoned. Call up Kurt Warner and tell him bring Fitz wit him

vCash
    Yeah, I was talking about the back injury. I haven't checked for any updates but any type of back injury is usually dangerous and it tends to linger.

If we're just throwing names out there... Chase Daniel? He's a short QB, but was a productive college player and has sat behind Brees all these years. He might've learned a thing or two.
    Well if we were just throwing names out there, I would have mentioned Leinart or Grossman.

At least Tarvaris Jackson has had some experience as a starter with moderate success.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    Yeah I don't want Flynn just the it out as a name i've heard which isn't half bad. Garrard should have been the guy this post year but he was hurt right.

Please no on tavarius Jackson, if we bring someone in to be legit backup gotta be someone not like Mark, smart, accurate & seasoned. Call up Kurt Warner and tell him bring Fitz wit him
    I think Dan Marino can still throw a little.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    If the Titans are comfortable with Jake Locker at QB, we should try and trade for Matt Hasselbeck. Still a very solid QB. I don't really know what his salary is though for next year. Too lazy to check.

Jason Campbell is another guy. He's had success as a starter in his career. He'd be a decent backup option.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Kurt Warner is biotch that doesn't like football. Sign any QB that's played for Phins, apparently they better than Mark. But honestly if I had a choice would still take Kurt over T Jackson just saying....

vCash
    The best bet is to bring Favre out of retirement.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    3 more years of Favre please....

I posted we should try get CJ and Hasselback off the Titans. He is what Mark needs around, not the athlete formerly known as Tebow

vCash
    If the Titans are comfortable with Jake Locker at QB, we should try and trade for Matt Hasselbeck. Still a very solid QB. I don't really know what his salary is though for next year. Too lazy to check.

Jason Campbell is another guy. He's had success as a starter in his career. He'd be a decent backup option.
    I like Hasselbeck. He's not great, but he is solid. His 2013 salary is $5.5MM, but I'm not sure if it's guaranteed. That amount won't work for the Jets, but there is a possibility he gets released if his salary isn't guarateed.

No thank you on Campbell. He fumbles if you breathe on him.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    True Story: Sitting here smoking some keisha watching ESPN, and on the sidebar I swear it said MARINO on his comeback. Took me a second to realize it said MARIANO. I was blowed for a second LMFAO. Can't make this stuff up. I had to share, lifes crazy.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast