Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg888 View Post

Alex Smith - A game manager that Rex & Sparano will likely covet. He can also make plays with his legs. We will have to give up a pick in a trade, likely a 2nd. Maybe they will take Sanchez off our hands at the same time.

Matt Flynn - Yes, a gamble, but he was productive in college, and when given a chance in the pros, he has been scary good. Not a good sign that he lost the training camp battle to Wilson, but he is a gamer, and is worth a shot. Same deal with Smith, give up a pick (maybe a 3rd), and hopefully Carroll will be receptive to a Sanchez reunion.
    these would be my top 2 options regarding trades instead of going with an unproven rookie. id take smith over flynn, but just cause flynn lost the battle to wilson in camp just speaks volumes on how good and promising wilson is. id probably take wilson over both smith and flynn, but id honestly be VERY optimistic with either of these two, especially over sanchez right now. and keep mcelroy to develop, i see some upside there.

vCash
    Hopefully either Matt Flynn, or Mark Sanchez if we have a rookie on the bench.

vCash

Fresh start...for both

How about Alex Smith

vCash
    sanchez with new wideouts that can make plays and break off man coverage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsinNC View Post
    How about Alex Smith
    I'd pass on Smith. If the Jets are getting a new QB, I would like that QB to have a higher ceiling than game manager.

vCash
    Give me Matt Flynn

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Wait - how are we going to afford to pay Sanchez, and a real QB? Flynn isn't making that much in Seattle THIS YEAR ($4 mil), but it goes up to $7.25 mil in 2013, and 8.25 mil in 2014.

Alex Smith is in the 1st year of his 3 year deal - making 9.5 million this year, and it goes up to 10 mil in 2013, and 9 mil in 2014.

We have 38 mil+ tied in in Sanchez, Holmes and Harris next year, and we're cap strapped even minus all the guys we can cut (J. Smith, B. Scott, C. Pace, E. Smith etc).

There is no way we're going to have money to throw around ALTHOUGH - these guys probably won't be starting for their current teams, so maybe they'd be willing to take a cut.......nah!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I don't think Smith's contract has much guaranteed money after this season. I don't really know how that effects his market all that much though.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Our 2013 QB is not on the roster now. Maybe Phillip Rivers. We take the BOLTS troubled QB and unload our trobled QB. Sanchez gets to go back home to Southern Cal and Rivers gets a change of scenery. Or trade for Seattle back up QB Matt Flynn. Seattle is very happy with Russell Wilson and we could probably get him for a song. Arizona is looking for a QB should be easy to unload Sanchez there also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    Our 2013 QB is not on the roster now. Maybe Phillip Rivers. We take the BOLTS troubled QB and unload our trobled QB. Sanchez gets to go back home to Southern Cal and Rivers gets a change of scenery. Or trade for Seattle back up QB Matt Flynn. Seattle is very happy with Russell Wilson and we could probably get him for a song. Arizona is looking for a QB should be easy to unload Sanchez there also.
    I don't think you understand how stuck we really are with Sanchez. From what I understand even if we trade him we are still on the hook for something like 7-8 mil because if his current contract. Unless something we don't know... We are stuck with him.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    I'm not sure if the Chargers or Cards would trade for Sanchez. There is no way Seattle does a Flynn for Sanchez deal, so the Jets can't afford trading for him.

Maybe a Rivers for Sanchez would work financially, but Rivers has been a turnover machine and he's the only one of the class of 2004 without a ring. Maybe it hasn't been about the coaches.

The Cards could use a QB, but what do they have to offer in return? We're not getting Larry Fitz for him, so what do they have? Maybe one of their LB's? Even if this happened, the money doesn't match up. The only way the money matches and it makes sense for the Jets is Fitz...and we know that aint happening.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I don't think you understand how stuck we really are with Sanchez. From what I understand even if we trade him we are still on the hook for something like 7-8 mil because if his current contract. Unless something we don't know... We are stuck with him.
    It's $8.25MM if we keep him or trade him. I think it's $12MM if we cut him.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    It's $8.25MM if we keep him or trade him. I think it's $12MM if we cut him.
    Yea I knew it was something stupid like that, there's no other QB playing for the jets next year. Unless McElroy gets a chance, but its doubtful we have a 12 million dollar bench warmer.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    If we cut Sanchez, we still have to pay him about 4M which would affect our cap. If we keep him, he's owed 8.25M in base salary but he has bonuses due which would increase his overall cap value to 12.853M. I'm not sure what the number would be if we trade him though.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    If we cut Sanchez, we still have to pay him about 4M which would affect our cap. If we keep him, he's owed 8.25M in base salary but he has bonuses due which would increase his overall cap value to 12.853M. I'm not sure what the number would be if we trade him though.
    That 8.2 is guaranteed so regardless we are on the hook for that, cut or trade.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast