Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSleepTill View Post
    My crystal ball said Mark Sanchez will start the season but will get hurt. Eventually Aaron Murray, which we draft in the third or fourth round out of Georgia, will take the reign and never look back.
    That's some crystal ball. Considering that after 4 years of taking punishing hits, Sanchez has missed only one game due to injury, and that was in his rookie season.

In fact in his career, I don't think he's had to sit out 10 plays due to in game hits.

It's funny how haters love to use the word "soft" when it comes to Sanchez, but he's as durable as they come.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    That's some crystal ball. Considering that after 4 years of taking punishing hits, Sanchez has missed only one game due to injury, and that was in his rookie season.

In fact in his career, I don't think he's had to sit out 10 plays due to in game hits.

It's funny how haters love to use the word "soft" when it comes to Sanchez, but he's as durable as they come.
    Sanchez does many things to make us shake our heads, but he is one tuff SOB. Some of the hits and punishment he takes is more than most Qb's can take. He is made of steel that kid... To bad his confidence isn't.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Mark Sanchez. And the year after that: Mark Sanchez. Unless Woody develops good sense and makes some changes, Mark Sanchez will be the starting QB until he retires or dies

vCash
    It could be Sanchez next year, but only if the next 4 games go reasonably well, and I don't mean wins / losses. I'm thinking 3 out of the 4 games with a QBR of 85 or better. If he continues to suck (which I expect), I think the veteran possibilities are as follows:

Vick - I don't think he's done, and I won't judge him solely on the last 2 years in Philly, where he was running for his life every other play. He is still a dynamic athlete, and should be considered.

Alex Smith - A game manager that Rex & Sparano will likely covet. He can also make plays with his legs. We will have to give up a pick in a trade, likely a 2nd. Maybe they will take Sanchez off our hands at the same time.

Matt Flynn - Yes, a gamble, but he was productive in college, and when given a chance in the pros, he has been scary good. Not a good sign that he lost the training camp battle to Wilson, but he is a gamer, and is worth a shot. Same deal with Smith, give up a pick (maybe a 3rd), and hopefully Carroll will be receptive to a Sanchez reunion.

David Carr - I still believe this guy can be a quality NFL starter, and is still young enough for 3 or 4 good years. Whenever I have watched him in the past few years, he looks like a legit NFL starter. If we decide to give Sanchez one more year to prove himself, I would like for them to try and sign Carr, and let them battle it out in camp.

Out of these scenarios, my preference would be to try and trade for Flynn. I feel he is the only possibility for next year who also has the chance to become a franchise QB.

As for the draft, if the Jets want to take a flyer on someone, I like Tyler Wilson, as I think he has the most upside.

Then again, it is a possibility that Sanchez wets the bed against the Jags, and then McElroy comes in, takes over as starter, and plays well the rest of the year. I know lots of fans are hoping for this, and it is certainly a possibility (maybe a 25% chance?)

It will all be very interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post

didn't mean to offend anyone by calling him soft. not a Sanchez hater. since most of the people are so I was just having a little fun with a wishful thinking. I know Sanchez will be our starting qb next year by defaults but drafting another qb won't hurt. McElroy is not the answer.

vCash
    Anyone think we can pull off a trade for Flynn? Actually watching him play for the first time. Not too shabby.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Mark Sanchez Contract says he will be the starter next season.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSleepTill View Post
    didn't mean to offend anyone by calling him soft. not a Sanchez hater. since most of the people are so I was just having a little fun with a wishful thinking. I know Sanchez will be our starting qb next year by defaults but drafting another qb won't hurt. McElroy is not the answer.
    I'm not offended that you called him soft. The point was that people are so interested in bashing him that they make up BS things about him to justify their hate for him.

Someone in the game thread today actually wrote that Sanchez doesn't actually care about winning.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Im gonna guess Sanchez.

I want it to be Tebow or a trade for aomeone like Alex Smith or Blaine Gabbert. I hope someone like Matt Flyn gets cut too, maybe we could grab him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Trade for Gabbert, is that a joke?

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Trade for Gabbert, is that a joke?
    Well he also wants Tebow to be the starting QB, so I assumed it was either a joke or a stroke.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    That's the only QB who is worse than Sanchez lol Blaine friggen Gabbert

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    That's the only QB who is worse than Sanchez lol Blaine friggen Gabbert
    Even this year, there's also Cassell, Tebow, everyone in Arizona, and Vick. That's all I can think of right now.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Philip rivers or vick

Thanks 2 knicksr4real for holdn nycsports down with the hottest sig on psd!!!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Sanchez does many things to make us shake our heads, but he is one tuff SOB. Some of the hits and punishment he takes is more than most Qb's can take. He is made of steel that kid... To bad his confidence isn't.
    One of the toughest qb's i've seen. He just doesn't look the part so people don't see it as much.
    But you are so right about his mind. That little boy ego of his is holding him back.

I'm starting to think that the last two seasons have shown him that he isn't the QB he thought he was. He was sold to us a a star QB and he believed it. Then they tell him he's a game manger, not a star. They pumped his ego so much that he bought into his own hype. He's still trying to prove he's a star.
    So score one for Pete Carrol on his insight.

If he can be a manager first, who knows. But if he doesn't let that sink in, he's going nowhere. Except to start for us next year.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast