Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1016
  1. #991
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,238
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt because I have no idea where I heard this and it was probably fake anyways ... but ... Did anyone hear the rumor that Ned has turned off his phone and isn't taking any calls today or tomorrow on anyone?
    Stan must have told him he is taking care of business too close out the winter meetings personally
    MSU ROSEBOWL CHAMPS CONNOR COOK OFFENSIVE MVP GO GREEN

    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

  2. #992
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    ^ No doubt dude its kinda outrageous kinda worried what Dodgers might do if we don't get Greinke and wonder what kinda spree we will go on
    I'm starting to feel like we should just move on from Greinke, sign Sanchez and Hamilton...trade for another top starter...and LOCK UP KERSHAW NOW! Otherwise, at the pace players are getting paid now...kershaw will be owed 10 years $500 mil. Plus they'll have a Uribe clause in their contract...a clause that obligates them to feed their first born to Juan Uribe.

  3. #993
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Chavez Ravine
    Posts
    1,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Stan must have told him he is taking care of business too close out the winter meetings personally
    I wish Stan would just take over now and get our guys

  4. #994
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,238
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by USCTROJANS21 View Post
    I'm starting to feel like we should just move on from Greinke, sign Sanchez and Hamilton...trade for another top starter...and LOCK UP KERSHAW NOW! Otherwise, at the pace players are getting paid now...kershaw will be owed 10 years $500 mil. Plus they'll have a Uribe clause in their contract...a clause that obligates them to feed their first born to Juan Uribe.
    I don't wanna start this again but we really don't need Hamilton don't think hes worth the risk he wants 6 or 7 years
    MSU ROSEBOWL CHAMPS CONNOR COOK OFFENSIVE MVP GO GREEN

    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

  5. #995
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt because I have no idea where I heard this and it was probably fake anyways ... but ... Did anyone hear the rumor that Ned has turned off his phone and isn't taking any calls today or tomorrow on anyone?
    this sounds like him. His negotiation skills are suspect at best. His philosophy seems to be

    1. Act like your not interested.
    2. Play hard ball (e.g. turn your phone off)
    3. Wait till the deal is almost dead.
    4. Overpay with $ or specs.

  6. #996
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Chavez Ravine
    Posts
    1,805
    vCash
    1500
    sorry my chicken buddy but I'd LOVE Hamilton

    Kemp
    Hamilton
    Gonzalez

    The potential is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  7. #997
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    I don't wanna start this again but we really don't need Hamilton don't think hes worth the risk he wants 6 or 7 years
    I don't want to start either but I should have noted in their 4 years max. If he wants 6 or 7 then never mind.

  8. #998
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brea,CA
    Posts
    30,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Do you want Charlie Haeger back?
    OMG Haeger is my favorite pitcher, bring him back

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    sorry my chicken buddy but I'd LOVE Hamilton

    Kemp
    Hamilton
    Gonzalez

    The potential is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No
    #Joc2LA

  9. #999
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,238
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by USCTROJANS21 View Post
    this sounds like him. His negotiation skills are suspect at best. His philosophy seems to be

    1. Act like your not interested.
    2. Play hard ball (e.g. turn your phone off)
    3. Wait till the deal is almost dead.
    4. Overpay with $ or specs.
    He has never really over paid with money the Uribe contract is terrible but other teams were offering the fat P.O.S. the same deal

    And Specs he only gave up top specs for average guys cause McCourt wouldn't let him add payroll so you need to give better specs to get the other team to cover the salary

    Lets not start a Ned-Co argument though I by no means am I fan of his but at the same time I do not hate the guy I wanna see what he can do with money not with McCheapo owning the team I will give him this season too show me what he can do in a good situation instead of a shi-tty situation
    MSU ROSEBOWL CHAMPS CONNOR COOK OFFENSIVE MVP GO GREEN

    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

  10. #1000
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glendale Bro
    Posts
    3,474
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by USCTROJANS21 View Post
    When is the last time you've heard from anyone in that era?

    No not really... Lets refer to it as the Mid 2000 era

  11. #1001
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    He has never really over paid with money the Uribe contract is terrible but other teams were offering the fat P.O.S. the same deal

    And Specs he only gave up top specs for average guys cause McCourt wouldn't let him add payroll so you need to give better specs to get the other team to cover the salary

    Lets not start a Ned-Co argument though I by no means am I fan of his but at the same time I do not hate the guy I wanna see what he can do with money not with McCheapo owning the team I will give him this season too show me what he can do in a good situation instead of a shi-tty situation
    Fair enough.

  12. #1002
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    vCash
    1500
    anyone want alfonso soriano as the 4th outfielder/emergency 2b? If we take a bulk of his salary, I'm pretty sure Cubs would be more than happy to unload him so they can go after bourn

  13. #1003
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post

    No not really... Lets refer to it as the Mid 2000 era
    Less bickering back then.

  14. #1004
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerrook View Post
    anyone want alfonso soriano as the 4th outfielder/emergency 2b? If we take a bulk of his salary, I'm pretty sure Cubs would be more than happy to unload him so they can go after bourn
    i'd take him only if the CUBS ate most of his salary.

  15. #1005
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,238
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerrook View Post
    anyone want alfonso soriano as the 4th outfielder/emergency 2b? If we take a bulk of his salary, I'm pretty sure Cubs would be more than happy to unload him so they can go after bourn
    I would only take him if they paid Fonso's salary guy is pretty much done now but as a backup I wouldn't complain
    MSU ROSEBOWL CHAMPS CONNOR COOK OFFENSIVE MVP GO GREEN

    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •