Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1016
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt because I have no idea where I heard this and it was probably fake anyways ... but ... Did anyone hear the rumor that Ned has turned off his phone and isn't taking any calls today or tomorrow on anyone?
    Stan must have told him he is taking care of business too close out the winter meetings personally
    MSU ROSEBOWL CHAMPS CONNOR COOK OFFENSIVE MVP GO GREEN

Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    ^ No doubt dude its kinda outrageous kinda worried what Dodgers might do if we don't get Greinke and wonder what kinda spree we will go on
    I'm starting to feel like we should just move on from Greinke, sign Sanchez and Hamilton...trade for another top starter...and LOCK UP KERSHAW NOW! Otherwise, at the pace players are getting paid now...kershaw will be owed 10 years $500 mil. Plus they'll have a Uribe clause in their contract...a clause that obligates them to feed their first born to Juan Uribe.

vCash
    Stan must have told him he is taking care of business too close out the winter meetings personally
    I wish Stan would just take over now and get our guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by USCTROJANS21 View Post
    I'm starting to feel like we should just move on from Greinke, sign Sanchez and Hamilton...trade for another top starter...and LOCK UP KERSHAW NOW! Otherwise, at the pace players are getting paid now...kershaw will be owed 10 years $500 mil. Plus they'll have a Uribe clause in their contract...a clause that obligates them to feed their first born to Juan Uribe.
    I don't wanna start this again but we really don't need Hamilton don't think hes worth the risk he wants 6 or 7 years

vCash
    Take this with a grain of salt because I have no idea where I heard this and it was probably fake anyways ... but ... Did anyone hear the rumor that Ned has turned off his phone and isn't taking any calls today or tomorrow on anyone?
    this sounds like him. His negotiation skills are suspect at best. His philosophy seems to be

1. Act like your not interested.
    2. Play hard ball (e.g. turn your phone off)
    3. Wait till the deal is almost dead.
    4. Overpay with $ or specs.

vCash
    sorry my chicken buddy but I'd LOVE Hamilton

Kemp
    Hamilton
    Gonzalez

The potential is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    I don't wanna start this again but we really don't need Hamilton don't think hes worth the risk he wants 6 or 7 years
    I don't want to start either but I should have noted in their 4 years max. If he wants 6 or 7 then never mind.

vCash
    Do you want Charlie Haeger back?
    OMG Haeger is my favorite pitcher, bring him back

sorry my chicken buddy but I'd LOVE Hamilton

Kemp
    Hamilton
    Gonzalez

The potential is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    this sounds like him. His negotiation skills are suspect at best. His philosophy seems to be

1. Act like your not interested.
    2. Play hard ball (e.g. turn your phone off)
    3. Wait till the deal is almost dead.
    4. Overpay with $ or specs.
    He has never really over paid with money the Uribe contract is terrible but other teams were offering the fat P.O.S. the same deal

And Specs he only gave up top specs for average guys cause McCourt wouldn't let him add payroll so you need to give better specs to get the other team to cover the salary

Lets not start a Ned-Co argument though I by no means am I fan of his but at the same time I do not hate the guy I wanna see what he can do with money not with McCheapo owning the team I will give him this season too show me what he can do in a good situation instead of a shi-tty situation

vCash
    When is the last time you've heard from anyone in that era?

No not really... Lets refer to it as the Mid 2000 era

vCash
    He has never really over paid with money the Uribe contract is terrible but other teams were offering the fat P.O.S. the same deal

And Specs he only gave up top specs for average guys cause McCourt wouldn't let him add payroll so you need to give better specs to get the other team to cover the salary

Lets not start a Ned-Co argument though I by no means am I fan of his but at the same time I do not hate the guy I wanna see what he can do with money not with McCheapo owning the team I will give him this season too show me what he can do in a good situation instead of a shi-tty situation
    Fair enough.

vCash
    anyone want alfonso soriano as the 4th outfielder/emergency 2b? If we take a bulk of his salary, I'm pretty sure Cubs would be more than happy to unload him so they can go after bourn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post

No not really... Lets refer to it as the Mid 2000 era
    Less bickering back then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerrook View Post
    anyone want alfonso soriano as the 4th outfielder/emergency 2b? If we take a bulk of his salary, I'm pretty sure Cubs would be more than happy to unload him so they can go after bourn
    i'd take him only if the CUBS ate most of his salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerrook View Post
    I would only take him if they paid Fonso's salary guy is pretty much done now but as a backup I wouldn't complain

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast