Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Hey guys driz knows more about managing a team than Mayhew

He says we have no one outside of calvin, then says he'd get mad if we draft a WR.

good logic
    You know what STELLAR logic is??? Hitting for ONE good WR after drafting them high over, and over, and over, and over again.

Mike Williams?? Charles Rogers?? Roy Williams?? Titus Young?? Ryan Broyles???

Yanno, the definition of insane is doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result. So you're idea of GOOD LOGIC is to be INSANE!!!!

Here's an idea, how about trade for a guy?? Maybe sign a WR free agent??? I'd say acquiring Nate worked pretty well for us...why not try THAT route again??? Clearly their capability of scouting and drafting WRs is AWFUL...so why would you really go down the same awful road again??? That's not logical eh?? Sounds like everyone needs a group lesson on logic to me.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    you'e right. we should never draft a receiver ever again. that'll show em. criticizing the titus young pick is fair because of his known attitude issues but nobody could have predicted broyles would tear his other acl. even at that, he'll recover and be able to contribute in the future so its not like he is a lost cause like titus anyways.

you saying broyles was a "bad" pick because he got injured is like the steelers saying david decastro was a bad pick because he got injured or stafford was a bad pick because he got injured many times at the beginning of his career.

vCash
    Stafford didn't hurt his other shoulder prior to being drafted. There wasn't any sort of indicator that he would possibly be likely to be injury prone.

Seeing that the guy tore an ACL at such a young age, it should not come as any surprise that a year later he tears the other one. I just don't get why this is so difficult to come to grips with, and why so many people on here are so blinded by homerism that they can't just face some harsh truths and accept the fact that your team is making horrible decisions on the most important weekend of their entire year!!

No - you shouldn't take any more WRs in the first 3 rounds until Calvin Johnson is no longer what he is. Address the other glaring holes on this roster, prove you're a team who is in the hunt consecutively, and then you're in a position to take a higher risk on a luxury pick like an extra weapon on offense! It's that simple!!!

Scrap Detroit!!

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Stafford didn't hurt his other shoulder prior to being drafted. There wasn't any sort of indicator that he would possibly be likely to be injury prone.

Seeing that the guy tore an ACL at such a young age, it should not come as any surprise that a year later he tears the other one. I just don't get why this is so difficult to come to grips with, and why so many people on here are so blinded by homerism that they can't just face some harsh truths and accept the fact that your team is making horrible decisions on the most important weekend of their entire year!!

No - you shouldn't take any more WRs in the first 3 rounds until Calvin Johnson is no longer what he is. Address the other glaring holes on this roster, prove you're a team who is in the hunt consecutively, and then you're in a position to take a higher risk on a luxury pick like an extra weapon on offense! It's that simple!!!
    You make no sense what so ever its just ****ing hilarious. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF HE TORE HIS ACL. HE WOULD HAVE TO SAME AMOUNT OF CHANCE TO TEAR ANOTHER ACL AS A GUY THAT HAS NEVER TORE HIS ACL.

So we are homers for saying that it's not Mayhews fault for Broyles tearing acl.

LMFAO "it shouldn't come to surprise that he will tear another acl" I just want to sig that because it's that laughable.

vCash
    I blame Mayhew for Suh's horrible driving and Fairley & Leshoure's love of marijuana...

YRDs:
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances:

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    No lie, back when you could make any trade in Madden, I'd ALWAYS trade to get Eric Wright, Chris Houston, Everette Brown and Tyrell Johnson. NO ****IN LIE! I'm playing the lotto if the Lions end up getting Daryl Washington, Clint Session and Quincy Black. Don't ask me why, but I'd ALWAYS trade for those players in Madden.

vCash
    You make no sense what so ever its just ****ing hilarious. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF HE TORE HIS ACL. HE WOULD HAVE TO SAME AMOUNT OF CHANCE TO TEAR ANOTHER ACL AS A GUY THAT HAS NEVER TORE HIS ACL.

So we are homers for saying that it's not Mayhews fault for Broyles tearing acl.

LMFAO "it shouldn't come to surprise that he will tear another acl" I just want to sig that because it's that laughable.

That is actually incorrect. The chance increases to tear the other knee up because you tore one. You favor the good knee.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    That is actually incorrect. The chance increases to tear the other knee up because you tore one. You favor the good knee.
    Your throwing opinions out there, not facts.

vCash
    Your throwing opinions out there, not facts.
    http://snoworthopaedics.com/portfoli...-ligament-acl/

Important statistical information for patients with ACL tears

It has been estimated that the chance of an ACL injury in the normal population is approximately 1/3000 (.03%). However, athletic participation puts people at a higher risk than those patients with more sedentary activity. It has been estimated that in high level athletics there could be a 1 to 4% chance (1 to 4/100) in any given year of sustaining an ACL injury. However there is some information from recent studies that should be of interest to patients with an ACL tear. Once a patient has torn an ACL, the chance of an ACL tear happening in the other knee is much higher than in the normal population. Also, after surgery there is a chance of reinjury to the ACL reconstructed knee that is much higher than in the normal population. One recent study covering a 15 year period after the initial ACL tear cited a 24% chance of injury to the ACL in the opposite knee at some point during the following 15 years. Studies have also looked at the incidence of injury based on age. One study found that there was an approximate 17% chance in an under 18 year old with an ACL injury that that person would either have an injury to the ACL reconstruction or to the opposite knee over time. These chances of injury are very high considering the .03% chance estimated in the normal population and even the 1 to 4% chance in the high activity athletic population. Other studies have shown that there is a higher chance of reinjuring the ACL reconstruction for patients who have surgery when they are under 20 years of age. Interestingly, it also seems there is a higher chance of injuring the ACL reconstruction when the injury is in basketball and the anticipated return is to basketball. Also, for reasons that are not exactly clear, females have a 2 to 4 times increased chance of ACL injury compared to males in the same sport. For example, women in soccer compared to men in soccer or women in basketball compared to men in basketball. Many times we read about the successes of return to play after ACL reconstruction. However the athlete should be aware of a recent study on NFL players who had only 63% of ACL reconstructions return to ultimate play at the same level. Multiple other studies would suggest an approximate 75% of patients return to their prior sport following ACL reconstruction surgery.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123