Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    vCash
    I was just on youtube watching braylon edwards highlights,got me really pumped up for monday night. I think he caught more deep passes in his 2 years than our whole team combined the last 2 years. I forgot sanchez could throw the ball more than 20 yards down the field. My favorite was the catch braylon made against indy to get us in fg range with under 20 seconds left in the playoff game.

vCash
    ^ Yup, Braylon and Sanchez reunion... So glad hes back Sanchez needs some support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyesmuststay View Post
    I was just on youtube watching braylon edwards highlights,got me really pumped up for monday night. I think he caught more deep passes in his 2 years than our whole team combined the last 2 years. I forgot sanchez could throw the ball more than 20 yards down the field. My favorite was the catch braylon made against indy to get us in fg range with under 20 seconds left in the playoff game.
    Yes - back when Sanchez was a big reason for us winning games.

People (we) tend to forget that even with last years weak O-line pass protection, less productive running game, and Holmes as the only legitimate receiver (Burress was good inside the 10 yard line, but was a negative everywhere else on the field), and Kerley didn't even start to become a factor until the end of the year - although Keller was having a decent year - people forget that when we were 8-5 - Sanchez had a QB Rating at around 85 - 26 TDs, and only 11 INTs, and was a main reason why we were winning - and then THE WHOLE TEAM COLLAPSED, but Sanchez kept forcing it trying to win - and Holmes had already declared war on him, and dissed him, and Burress was no better, and the whole thing came crashing down on him.

In the end, and the off-season - NO ONE stood up for Sanchez - NOBODY! Not until the damage was done did Mangold come out and show support. That little turd Tomlinson - who has proved over and over again this year with his personal quips that have no basis, that he just bashes people to make himself look better - and has been shown repeatedly to be vindictive stuff that he's made up about more people than just Sanchez.

Sanchez did the classy thing - like he always does, and kept his mouth shut, not wanting to make the Jets a bigger spectacle, and still no one came to his AID - because everyone knew they also owned a big slice of that Shite Sandwich that was the last 3 games - and they all hung low, the only one to support Sanchez was Schitty - and who wanted to hear that.

THEN - TREX had the audacity to go make Sanchez kiss Holmes butt - because they were too afraid to, or not men enough to take him on - and Sanchez looks like a PUTZ because he's trying to put the team back together. And then REX picks Sparano - and it was REX that brought in Tebow - don't kid yourselves. He thought he was being so kind of a genius - and once again proves he knows NOTHING ABOUT QBS (including his own), and OFFENSE IN GENERAL!

Then they give Sanchez all these wonderful weapons to work with, INCLUDING TEBOW - and you could tell how awful this offense was in preseason - not 1 1st team TD - and the media is just all over this Tebow thing, and the weak cheese we were showing, and the lack of weapons - and then 2 wasted draft picks (both offensive players that were terrible) - and the scouts and MrT fought to get a 2nd round WR - and they get S. Hill - a hopefully great prospect - but not someone that could help Sanchez this year - what a Charlie Foxtrot!

So basically, Sanchez is emasculated by REX, and he hires Sparano, that he knows will not be able to produce an effective passing game - even if we had the weapons - and REX really believes Tebow is going to do great things - just because his defense couldn't stop him in the last 5 minutes in Denver, and then he sees in practice how terrible this guy is - and of course they don't do much wildcat - because the 2nd team defense shuts it down cold in practice -as does every team we try it on.

It is so simple - the reason this team has no dynamic offensive weapons is - REX thinks, with Holmes, and Keller - I got more invested in a passing offense than I want - PLUS - "I got ground and pound, and Tebow is going to beat everyone, just like he beat me."

Look - REX is a good defensive coach - maybe great because he grew up with one of the best DCs, maybe ever, as Buddy goes all the way back to our SB Jets - who had the best defense in the AFL/NFL - and he was a part of that -

BUT REALLY - you've heard REX speak - he's not that bright of a guy. It's not an act, he really isn't that smart, and all his "genius" - if that's what it is - is in defense, and he hasn't done it without Pettine; ever. He's probably a good motivator - mostly because he will stick with what he's promised, and sticks up for his players - if he was really smart - he would make changes, and adapt.

I really like REX. I think his defense, motivation, attitude - and a huge pile of luck - carried us to 2 AFC Championship Gamers - BUT - he's not smart enough to realize that most of the big games, the comebacks, the biggest playoff wins - was because Sanchez and the offense played well, along with the defense, AND most of the big time losses - were because the defense couldn't come up with the big stop, AND HOW MUCH DID THAT PISS OFF REX - enough to squander the majority of this teams resources on defense - and the tough running offense, along with clutch play from Sanchez (you heard that right, and if you go back and check - that was a huge reason for our success - even if his "stats" weren't that great - look at all the come back victories he had in his 1st 2 years - especially his 2nd year - and then they stripped his offensive line, and receivers - WHAT DOES ANYONE EXPECT)

But no - you're all right - it's all Sanchez's fault. Hey -I agree - he looks like a shot QB to me right now. Who's fault is that!

Go ahead and wish for some retread loser QB that has never done anything in their career - how well are they going to do if faced with the same BULL-oney Sanchez has had to put up with? I haven't heard one other person that was outraged that after what Holmes pulled last year - REX made Sanchez go kiss butt, and swallow whatever - to cajole Holmes back in the fold. It's not because Sanchez is some kind of wussy-boy - it's because he's been willing to do whatever he can, and always takes the blame for everything that goes wrong. Has he been bad this year, and made ridiculous mistakes - YES - this is what happens when you're supposed to be the leader, but you're given dog-shite to work with. I only hope that it's not too late to bring that kid back from the edge - I don't know, especially in NY, and with the bloodthirsty media that has always had it in for our Jets (I hope you read my historical perspective of why the media, and other teams/fans love to hate the Jets - it was a thread about a week, or two ago - it was fantastic if I do say so myself) - not to mention unforgiving fans that think "we're a great franchise" and the only thing holding us back is Sanchez - I look in my crystal ball and see a lot of disappointment in a lot of unrealistic fans - BUT - I still love you all because you suffer through the same crap as I do. It's just some of you think it's a 1 person issue (yeah - like REX and perhaps Woody) - Sanchez - and it's so much bigger than that, and if that's what you think - you'll never get it, BUT - I hope it all turns around for us as quick as possible - I doubt we make it to the POs this year - with this team - I don't see how we win all 3 games - let alone have the Steelers, Bengals, or even the Colts lose all the games they're suppose to.

Personally - I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts lose all 3, and the Bengals and the Steelers take the last 2 Wild card spots - although Andrew Luck has truly been lucky, and a little clutch. The sad thing is - what Luck is doing, is similar to what Sanchez did in his 2nd year - but no one would ever give Sanchez the credit Luck has been getting - completing < 55% of his passes - more INTs than TDs - but hey - whatever.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I think a big problem last year is that we had two receivers known for taking plays off: Burress and Holmes. What happens when both guys take a play off at the same time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post

People (we) tend to forget that even with last years weak O-line pass protection, less productive running game, and Holmes as the only legitimate receiver (Burress was good inside the 10 yard line, but was a negative everywhere else on the field), and Kerley didn't even start to become a factor until the end of the year - although Keller was having a decent year - people forget that when we were 8-5 - Sanchez had a QB Rating at around 85 - 26 TDs, and only 11 INTs, and was a main reason why we were winning - and then THE WHOLE TEAM COLLAPSED, but Sanchez kept forcing it trying to win - and Holmes had already declared war on him, and dissed him, and Burress was no better, and the whole thing came crashing down on him.

In the end, and the off-season - NO ONE stood up for Sanchez - NOBODY! Not until the damage was done did Mangold come out and show support. That little turd Tomlinson - who has proved over and over again this year with his personal quips that have no basis, that he just bashes people to make himself look better - and has been shown repeatedly to be vindictive stuff that he's made up about more people than just Sanchez.

Sanchez did the classy thing - like he always does, and kept his mouth shut, not wanting to make the Jets a bigger spectacle, and still no one came to his AID - because everyone knew they also owned a big slice of that Shite Sandwich that was the last 3 games - and they all hung low, the only one to support Sanchez was Schitty - and who wanted to hear that.

THEN - TREX had the audacity to go make Sanchez kiss Holmes butt - because they were too afraid to, or not men enough to take him on - and Sanchez looks like a PUTZ because he's trying to put the team back together. And then REX picks Sparano - and it was REX that brought in Tebow - don't kid yourselves. He thought he was being so kind of a genius - and once again proves he knows NOTHING ABOUT QBS (including his own), and OFFENSE IN GENERAL!

Then they give Sanchez all these wonderful weapons to work with, INCLUDING TEBOW - and you could tell how awful this offense was in preseason - not 1 1st team TD - and the media is just all over this Tebow thing, and the weak cheese we were showing, and the lack of weapons - and then 2 wasted draft picks (both offensive players that were terrible) - and the scouts and MrT fought to get a 2nd round WR - and they get S. Hill - a hopefully great prospect - but not someone that could help Sanchez this year - what a Charlie Foxtrot!

So basically, Sanchez is emasculated by REX, and he hires Sparano, that he knows will not be able to produce an effective passing game - even if we had the weapons - and REX really believes Tebow is going to do great things - just because his defense couldn't stop him in the last 5 minutes in Denver, and then he sees in practice how terrible this guy is - and of course they don't do much wildcat - because the 2nd team defense shuts it down cold in practice -as does every team we try it on.

It is so simple - the reason this team has no dynamic offensive weapons is - REX thinks, with Holmes, and Keller - I got more invested in a passing offense than I want - PLUS - "I got ground and pound, and Tebow is going to beat everyone, just like he beat me."

Look - REX is a good defensive coach - maybe great because he grew up with one of the best DCs, maybe ever, as Buddy goes all the way back to our SB Jets - who had the best defense in the AFL/NFL - and he was a part of that -

BUT REALLY - you've heard REX speak - he's not that bright of a guy. It's not an act, he really isn't that smart, and all his "genius" - if that's what it is - is in defense, and he hasn't done it without Pettine; ever. He's probably a good motivator - mostly because he will stick with what he's promised, and sticks up for his players - if he was really smart - he would make changes, and adapt.

I really like REX. I think his defense, motivation, attitude - and a huge pile of luck - carried us to 2 AFC Championship Gamers - BUT - he's not smart enough to realize that most of the big games, the comebacks, the biggest playoff wins - was because Sanchez and the offense played well, along with the defense, AND most of the big time losses - were because the defense couldn't come up with the big stop, AND HOW MUCH DID THAT PISS OFF REX - enough to squander the majority of this teams resources on defense - and the tough running offense, along with clutch play from Sanchez (you heard that right, and if you go back and check - that was a huge reason for our success - even if his "stats" weren't that great - look at all the come back victories he had in his 1st 2 years - especially his 2nd year - and then they stripped his offensive line, and receivers - WHAT DOES ANYONE EXPECT)

But no - you're all right - it's all Sanchez's fault. Hey -I agree - he looks like a shot QB to me right now. Who's fault is that!

Go ahead and wish for some retread loser QB that has never done anything in their career - how well are they going to do if faced with the same BULL-oney Sanchez has had to put up with? I haven't heard one other person that was outraged that after what Holmes pulled last year - REX made Sanchez go kiss butt, and swallow whatever - to cajole Holmes back in the fold. It's not because Sanchez is some kind of wussy-boy - it's because he's been willing to do whatever he can, and always takes the blame for everything that goes wrong. Has he been bad this year, and made ridiculous mistakes - YES - this is what happens when you're supposed to be the leader, but you're given dog-shite to work with. I only hope that it's not too late to bring that kid back from the edge - I don't know, especially in NY, and with the bloodthirsty media that has always had it in for our Jets (I hope you read my historical perspective of why the media, and other teams/fans love to hate the Jets - it was a thread about a week, or two ago - it was fantastic if I do say so myself) - not to mention unforgiving fans that think "we're a great franchise" and the only thing holding us back is Sanchez - I look in my crystal ball and see a lot of disappointment in a lot of unrealistic fans - BUT - I still love you all because you suffer through the same crap as I do. It's just some of you think it's a 1 person issue (yeah - like REX and perhaps Woody) - Sanchez - and it's so much bigger than that, and if that's what you think - you'll never get it, BUT - I hope it all turns around for us as quick as possible - I doubt we make it to the POs this year - with this team - I don't see how we win all 3 games - let alone have the Steelers, Bengals, or even the Colts lose all the games they're suppose to.

Personally - I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts lose all 3, and the Bengals and the Steelers take the last 2 Wild card spots - although Andrew Luck has truly been lucky, and a little clutch. The sad thing is - what Luck is doing, is similar to what Sanchez did in his 2nd year - but no one would ever give Sanchez the credit Luck has been getting - completing < 55% of his passes - more INTs than TDs - but hey - whatever.

GO JETS!!!
    Well said and we love you too. NH

1 MORE PUPIL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I think a big problem last year is that we had two receivers known for taking plays off: Burress and Holmes. What happens when both guys take a play off at the same time?
    Or when one of them throws the ball up for grabs when hurting his foot, but grabbing his knee!

1 MORE PUPIL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post

GO JETS!!!
    Very well thought out and written post, but I can't agree with you for the majority of it. When you say Sanchez was clutch, do you mean clutch as in keeping the other team in the game until the fourth quarter while we should've been running up the score and finishing teams off in the third quarter? Because that's how I remember those"comeback" victories.

His second year was, for me, the most frustrating season he's had. That team was the best team I have ever seen play for the Green and White. Even better than the 1998 team that shoulda been.What kept us from being dominant that year? All that team needed from Sanchez to do was get a little better from his rookie year. He did flip his TDs and INTs around, but that was it. He still has difficulty hitting his Rbs in stride, or at all for that matter. those are drive killing throws and he's made them his entire career. He overthrows, well, everyone. The guy is a class act, I will give him that. I think he would be a great role model for my kids, but he is not a great QB for my team. And I don't think he would have ever been great

I would continue to argue my point, but I am afraid it is moot. You watched the same games as I did and we see things totally different from what transpired in his second year. I say he kept us from being the top seed and you say he helped us win.

vCash
    Nothing will make me happier than seeing on ESPN in the offseaon that we have cut Holmes and used that money to give Braylon a better deal and to help mold Kerley and Hill some more

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324