Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ - NYY View Post
    100% agree and don't get me wrong I don't believe Sanchez is good has the potential to be with the right pieces around him... This could be a start... Sanchez was fine when we had Edwards Holmes and a running game... Lets get back to it!!!
    This is the only thing that worries me. That the F.O. thinks Sanchez was fine with the "right pieces".

Truth be told Sanchez has never been fine. Jets were just good enough to overcome his play.

And people forget Braylon Edwards took kind of a swipe at Sanchez when he was comparing Russel Wilson to Sanchez.

The Jets F.O. are desperate to paint Sanchez in a good light. They dont want to admit a mistake in drafting Sanchez. So any kind of success will be overblown by the Jets F.O.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    One of those Bengal losses has to be in to the Steelers or Ravens.

If our conference records are the same, I don't think we win any other tie breakers against the Bengals.
    I'd prefer the Ravens. Wouldn't you? I don't think the Steelers lose to Cleveland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    This is the only thing that worries me. That the F.O. thinks Sanchez was fine with the "right pieces".

Truth be told Sanchez has never been fine. Jets were just good enough to overcome his play.

And people forget Braylon Edwards took kind of a swipe at Sanchez when he was comparing Russel Wilson to Sanchez.

The Jets F.O. are desperate to paint Sanchez in a good light. They dont want to admit a mistake in drafting Sanchez. So any kind of success will be overblown by the Jets F.O.
    For a second year QB, he was fine. He was also progressing. If they had given him weapons over the last two years, he might have turned into what he could have been.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    I'd prefer the Ravens. Wouldn't you? I don't think the Steelers lose to Cleveland.
    I fully agree. I don't want to have to count on the Browns to beat the Steelers who would have their backs against the wall.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I have to tell you looking back Tannenbaum has been the biggest hindrance to this Jets organization. It started with Gholston and then in 2010 not getting a decent WR in to help Sanchez maturation. Signing Burress and Mason was garbage. Signing Wayne Hunter was garbage. I hope we keep Rex get rid of Tannenbaum for Bill Polian and let him find an offensive coordinator for Rex. Welcome back Braylon you should have never left.

vCash
    Even if we win out we're not making the playoffs because the Steelers aren't going to lose 2 out of their last 3 unless Big Ben gets hurt

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    I hope the first play we run next week is a play action rollout bomb to Braylon, with a 2nd WR running over the middle to take away the deep safety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    Even if we win out we're not making the playoffs because the Steelers aren't going to lose 2 out of their last 3 unless Big Ben gets hurt
    Not true, Charlie batch pretty much beat the ravens. Big Ben isn't 100%

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Not true, Charlie batch pretty much beat the ravens. Big Ben isn't 100%
    Yeah but it's still Big Ben. Gimme Charlie Batch any day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Yeah but it's still Big Ben. Gimme Charlie Batch any day.
    Understandable but you can tell he is just not himself

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    For a second year QB, he was fine. He was also progressing. If they had given him weapons over the last two years, he might have turned into what he could have been.
    I agree. I think if the jets had kept the core of holmes, bray and cotch you would see a different mark today.
    I like this move but it's probably two seasons too late.
    Last edited by NYflightboy; 12-11-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I agree. I think if the jets had kept the core of holmes, bray and cotch you would see a different mark today.
    I like this move but it's probably two seasons too late.
    agreed, tanny really screwed the pooch letting him go the first time. Cotch wanted to leave on his own terms though so we cant blame tanny for that.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    agreed, tanny really screwed the pooch letting him go the first time. Cotch wanted to leave on his own terms though so we cant blame tanny for that.
    True. So replace cotch with kerley and I still feel the same way. Braylon and holmes were perfect complements to each other. Individually they're not that great but they worked well together and made mark better.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I don't mind letting Bray go and not wanting to pay Cotchery what he was looking for. Neither one of them was an elite player.

However...unlike other winning teams, when the Jets let go of or lose a player, they have forgotten that you have to move on, and that means replacing the talent you lose with equal or better talent.

They lost Curtis Martin, and moved on with TJ--Downgrade, but replacing a HOF'er isn't that easy.
    Then they let TJ go and moved on with LT--aging, and not quite what he once was. Downgrade form TJ, but more a downgrade from himself in 2011 when he was done.
    Then they let LT go, and moved on with NO ONE!!
    So each change brought in a lesser player, or nothing.

They lost Braylon and Cotch, and moved on with Plax and Mason--Downgrade, and a signigicant one.
    Then they cut Mason and replaced him with NO ONE--Kerley has already been better than Mason, but still not yet as goos as Cotch was here...Downgrade.
    Then they cut Plax, and replaced him with NO ONE--Hill is a rookie and needs time.
    Then they lose Holmes to injury and replace him with NO ONE!!!!!!

As good a move as the Bray is today, it shows that because they Jets failed to move on, they were forced to move backward and bring back someone who wasn't great before.

That's not how you build a winner, and it's not how you develop a QB over 4 years.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    You guys do realize Braylon isn't even good anymore

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast