Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bray Bray can't be any worse than Schilens, Riley, Turner, Gates, your aunt Sally, my uncle Hecter, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Don't get me wrong. Just because I'm not sold on Braylon doesn't mean I'm opposed to this. I'm all for it, if only because he can't be worse than what we currently have, which is nothing.

I have an open mind about him, and if he can help Mark by being a legitimate target, I will praise the move as pure genius. If he's got nothing left, or goes back to being the butterfingered receiver he was in the past, I'll say, okay let's move on.

There's nothing I want more than to see the Jets win. If Edwards helps them win, I don't care about anything else.
    Agreed. Like I said I want Mark gone, but if we are gonna stick with him and somehow slip into the playoffs, we are gonna want to have Braylon because of Mark's familiarity. Mark is gonna have to make some throws because everyone plays us 7-8 in the box with press on the outside. Braylon will be a more legitimate target than Hill running the down the field. Edwards seems like the only guy he could ever consistently find deep. If that is the only thing he can provide, its a huge positive because it will free up the run game more.

He doesn't have to be a star, he just needs to help and I know he can.

Plus Mark's accuracy sucks and I would rather him throw to 2 6'4" guys on the outside with big catch ranges than small guys. (When Hill gets back of course)

vCash
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

One source tells me it's "done deal" Jets will sign Braylon Edwards if he clears waivers. Second source says it will happen too. #nyj

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    I'm only seeing rumors flying around on the internet about this...can anyone actually confirm that BE is signing with us today? Incarcerated Bob doesn't do it for me...
    All of the Jets beat writers on twitter are talking about sources are saying it. Word on twitter right now from credible sources is that if he clears waivers the Jets will sign him.

vCash
    Yeah I bought a Braylon Edwards jersey today...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

One source tells me it's "done deal" Jets will sign Braylon Edwards if he clears waivers. Second source says it will happen too. #nyj

vCash
    At least this provides us some much needed entertainment, Braylon was always a good jet
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    At least this provides us some much needed entertainment, Braylon was always a good jet
    On the field, yes. He had problems off the field when he was here.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I think it would be a good move to sign B. Edwards, as so many of you have stated, for the simple fact that we don't have ANY experienced, or proven WRs available (I don't count Kerley because his value/productivity drops when he's not in the slot), and for all his baggage - Edwards did play hard for us in 2010, and had some key receptions, and there would have to be some "feel good vibes" for Sanchez - which couldn't hurt, HOWEVER, the fact that he has had less than 2 dozen receptions over the last 2 years, and 0 TDs - with QBs that are more productive than Sanchez - has to lower the expectations for him coming in, and not knowing this offense (remember - Sanchez spent time with Pennington in the off-season learning Sparano's offense, although clearly, the QB has more to know than anyone on the team - AND I'm sure they can scribble a few plays down that the two of them have done before), and having to all of a sudden step his playing time up to as much as he can handle, might be a bigger challenge - although Mardy Gilyard is out there right now, although he did have some pre-season time.

I wish Jordan White could come out and be our Danny Amendola, or better yet, Wayne Chrebet - but he's been around almost the whole year, and he doesn't have a catch, so....

Hey - B. Edwards can't hurt, right? If they don't sign him then they can't say that they are constantly trying to upgrade the roster every day.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    All of the Jets beat writers on twitter are talking about sources are saying it. Word on twitter right now from credible sources is that if he clears waivers the Jets will sign him.
    According to all sources at this point, Braylon will be signed as soon as he clears. It wouldn't surprise me if BE is sitting just oustide the Jets' office right now waiting to clear and sign.

There should be an announcemet soon after 4pm, I think.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    He'll definitely sign. Isn't he strapped on money?

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    He'll definitely sign. Isn't he strapped on money?
    One can "dougie" only so much without getting paychecks

vCash
    I'm glad he's back. I've always like Braylon. I'm not expecting much from him though. He hasn't done anything the past two seasons and he's coming in late in the season and doesn't know the playbook.

I just hope he shows us a little something that will make us re-sign him. But he should have never left. If he would have stayed then maybe he and Mark's careers go in a different direction. Maybe, maybe not.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    On the field, yes. He had problems off the field when he was here.
    Ehhh he got that taken care of, I don't really see a WR on his last chance making bad off the field choices. If he F's up here then he's pretty much done

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Brian Costello says they will def sign him assuming he clears waivers by 4 o clock, He is expected to clear

The Jets will sign Edwards if he clears waivers Tuesday, according to a source. Edwards was waived by the Seahawks yesterday and is expected to clear waivers at 4 p.m.

Edwards spent the 2009-10 seasons with the Jets, becoming one of quarterback Mark Sanchez’s favorite targets. Edwards had 88 catches for 1,445 yards and 11 touchdowns as a Jet.

The team let him leave as a free agent in 2011. He has played for the 49ers and Seahawks since then, battling injuries and catching just 23 passes in the last two years. He had eight catches for 74 yards and one touchdown this year in Seattle. He has not played since Oct. 14 because of a knee injury.

Read more: Jets will sign Braylon if he clears waivers: source http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#ixzz2EmKCtrcM

16. 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM
    Reason
    Stop fighting with one another

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast