Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Woah Magoo. No way is Dbrick having his worst season, especially in pass protection. Last week he allowed his very first sack of the season and before that, he was the only tackle in the league that hadn't allowed one. I'd argue this is a HUGE bounce back year Dbrick especially after last year... which I would say was easily his worst year.

Dbrick in all likelyness might be a candidate for my offensive MVP of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Woah Magoo. No way is Dbrick having his worst season, especially in pass protection. Last week he allowed his very first sack of the season and before that, he was the only tackle in the league that hadn't allowed one. I'd argue this is a HUGE bounce back year Dbrick especially after last year... which I would say was easily his worst year.

Seriously? Maybe I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

Here's what I've seen.

The runs to the left side have been mostly shut down, and I can't remember an outside run to the left being successful until the last game.

Sanchez has been sacked from the blind side more than once...I think it's been 4 or 5 times this year.

Dbrick even blew a coverage on a blocked FG, which he NEVER does.

I don't think he's having a great year, but I guess after last year, this is definitely his worst. I overstated there.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Braylon Edwards = Raymond Felton.

Some guys just want to play in New York. Felton actually admitted that he stopped trying and let himself get out of shape after he was traded as part of the Carmelo deal. He didn't do anything for the Nuggets or Trailblazers, now he's back with the Knicks and playing well again. I could see something similar happening with Braylon and the Jets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Braylon Edwards = Raymond Felton.

Some guys just want to play in New York. Felton actually admitted that he stopped trying and let himself get out of shape after he was traded as part of the Carmelo deal. He didn't do anything for the Nuggets or Trailblazers, now he's back with the Knicks and playing well again. I could see something similar happening with Braylon and the Jets.
    I hope so.

Last time Bray was here, it seemed like he was more interested in being in NY than playing in NY.

Felton was the opposite last time, but circumstances sent him away.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Im not massively excited by it, but hes an upgrade on what we had...

He also got released for a reason...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Go get high. You'll calm down.
    well, i AM done with law school finals and i DID just find out i passed the MPRE (ethics portion of the bar... i know, more jokes to be made).

so...

JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post

This. It's been a bounce back year for D'Brick who had an off-year by his standards last year.

The runs to the left side have been mostly shut down
    This is true as well though. For as average as D'Brick and Slauson have been in the run game though, they've been fantastic in pass protection. Between the 2 of them, they've given up 1 sack and 3 combined penalties.

On the other side, Howard hasn't been great in pass protection (6 sacks) but has been great in run blocking.

vCash
    Oh **** I just found about this! I'm pumped now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    This. It's been a bounce back year for D'Brick who had an off-year by his standards last year.

This is true as well though. For as average as D'Brick and Slauson have been in the run game though, they've been fantastic in pass protection. Between the 2 of them, they've given up 1 sack and 3 combined penalties.

On the other side, Howard hasn't been great in pass protection (6 sacks) but has been great in run blocking.
    Ill still take Howard over Hunter

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Ill still take Howard over Hunter
    Im sure that statement is shared by all of us here.

New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

Man City
    As of 3/18/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onlythisfar41 View Post
    Im sure that statement is shared by all of us here.
    I think the kid still has a ton of potential, he was undrafted and only allowed 6 sacks? Im sure there are more RT in the league letting up more. Well im going to goole that now lol

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash

On the other side, Howard hasn't been great in pass protection (6 sacks)
    but has been great in run blocking.
    Sanchez has been sacked 30 times. Between those three guys, you've accounted for 7 sacks.

Does that mean Mangold and Moore have given up 23? I'm just not believing this is possible.

Maybe I don't understand how sacks allowed are counted, but I know I've seen Sanchez get hit in the back more than once.

If he's getting hit from the left, and Dbrick and Slauson are on the left, who is responsible for the protection if they aren't?

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    I see Braylon having a big game in his return to the Jets

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Sanchez has been sacked 30 times. Between those three guys, you've accounted for 7 sacks.

Does that mean Mangold and Moore have given up 23? I'm just not believing this is possible.

Maybe I don't understand how sacks allowed are counted, but I know I've seen Sanchez get hit in the back more than once.

If he's getting hit from the left, and Dbrick and Slauson are on the left, who is responsible for the protection if they aren't?
    Doesn't account for coverage sacks, i.e. Sanchez trying to escape, holding on to the ball for too long when the initial protection is good, etc.

Now, if you want to talk about QB hits and hurries, Ferguson is second on the team in both (behind Howard). Slauson has allowed some hits and hurries as well. So you've seen him hit in the back, and I'm not saying they're perfect, but the protection from that side for the most part has been damn good.

To the other guy, I'd rather have Howard over he who must not be named too.

vCash
    Doesn't account for coverage sacks, i.e. Sanchez trying to escape, holding on to the ball for too long when the initial protection is good, etc.

Now, if you want to talk about QB hits and hurries, Ferguson is second on the team in both (behind Howard). Slauson has allowed some hits and hurries as well. So you've seen him hit in the back, and I'm not saying they're perfect, but the protection from that side for the most part has been damn good.

To the other guy, I'd rather have Howard over he who must not be named too.
    I guess that kind of makes sense, but that seems like a lot of coverage sacks. Hurries are a problem too. I can't even count the number of times Sanchez has been creamed as he released the ball. That first play in the Cards game was a perfect example. He never had time to set, threw off his back foot as he got hit, and it was intercepted.

Oh, and Howard has been a ginourmous upgrade.

I don't think the O-Line as a whole has been effective this year, and I really think it's because Sparano was making the schemes too complex.

-Sun Tzu

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast