Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    even with tempered expectations, it's hard not to be giddy about this reunion

who else has watched the dougie TD replay about 500 times today?
    Go get high. You'll calm down.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    I want to. I'm going to. I actually start next week.
    Good luck, Buckwheat. I mean that. No Magooing on this.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    When was the last time we didn't go to the AFC Championship game with Braylon?

HA! Never! Take that haters!
    Yeah, but when was the last time we won the AFC Championship game with Braylon?

Lawyered!!!

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMETS2889 View Post
    take it for what its worth but the level in which braylon legitimately believes in mark and his abilities as a QB i think will do worlds for sanchez (assuming this is more then a 3 game rental)

holmes doesnt care who is throwing him the ball as long as he gets it which is fine with some qb's and these young guys are just so inexperienced and werent there for the playoff runs i think they arent sure what to think

Braylon believes in mark and that has created a trust between the two that mark can throw the ball and braylon will go get it and i think it will show on the field

Doesnt matter if Edwards worships the ground Sanchez walks. If Rex and Sporano dont trust sanchez what does that make Edwards? A glorified run blocker?

Just remember the Jets have gone ultra conservative with Sanchez.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    even with tempered expectations, it's hard not to be giddy about this reunion

who else has watched the dougie TD replay about 500 times today?
    (raises hand)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Good luck, Buckwheat. I mean that. No Magooing on this.
    Thank you.

Lawyered!!!
    We would have eventually!

vCash
    Thank you.
    You're welcome.

We would have eventually!
    Based on what? History suggests that it would not have happened.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    [/B]

Doesnt matter if Edwards worships the ground Sanchez walks. If Rex and Sporano dont trust sanchez what does that make Edwards? A glorified run blocker?

Just remember the Jets have gone ultra conservative with Sanchez.
    Regardless of how conservative you play there will be a few throws every game a qb will have to make to win the game and at the very worst now gives mark a target he has faith in making a play for him

vCash
    I completely agree with you.

If nothing else, this brings a much needed energy to the Jets locker room. With all the injuries and the FO's lack of interest in helping the offense that it's easy to get beaten down and start to wonder, "why bother?"

This is a shot in the arm, and sends a clear message to the whole team...
    • Hey offense, we're going to bring in a potential impact player who has chemistry with our struggling QB.
    • Hey defense, we know you guys have been carrying the load, and we're going to try to help keep you off the field.
    • Hey special teams, please stop sucking. That is all.
    Energy is another big thing. You see that crowd when the Jets put in McElroy? Well in sticking with Mark at QB, they needed to find a way to energize that crowd like that for the right reasons against San Diego.

Player introductions that game. You think they are going to boo when Braylon runs out there and does the Flight boy out of the tunnel? I literally would bet all of my money that the roof Woody wishes was on that stadium will be blown off in that scenario. And the Jets would be IDIOTS to not introduce him like that... unless of course he sucks balls against the Titans and drops a touchdown pass that eliminates us from the postseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Energy is another big thing. You see that crowd when the Jets put in McElroy? Well in sticking with Mark at QB, they needed to find a way to energize that crowd like that for the right reasons against San Diego.

Player introductions that game. You think they are going to boo when Braylon runs out there and does the Flight boy out of the tunnel? I literally would bet all of my money that the roof Woody wishes was on that stadium will be blown off in that scenario. And the Jets would be IDIOTS to not introduce him like that... unless of course he sucks balls against the Titans and drops a touchdown pass that eliminates us from the postseason.
    Unfortunately, the fans will probably boo Sanchez from the first snap. Maybe if he completes a couple of early passes, they'll get behind him. Then again, maybe they won't , and every incomplete pass will draw venom. Playing in front of a hostile crowd is not good for anyone.

If I were Rex, I would tell the team to go into the game as if it were a road game in NE.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMETS2889 View Post
    Regardless of how conservative you play there will be a few throws every game a qb will have to make to win the game and at the very worst now gives mark a target he has faith in making a play for him
    Correct.

The 1985 Bears (who Rex wishes the Jets could be) were a conservative offense who only threw the ball 20 times in the Super Bowl.

Those 20 throws netted 256 yards. You don't have to throw the ball 40 times to get offense out of your passing game.

-Sun Tzu

vCash

Lawyered!!!
    Magoo my man, wouldn't you sign up for a AFC championship game this season?

vCash
    Correct.

The 1985 Bears (who Rex wishes the Jets could be) were a conservative offense who only threw the ball 20 times in the Super Bowl.

Those 20 throws netted 256 yards. You don't have to throw the ball 40 times to get offense out of your passing game.
    But you need a QB who knows what he's doing out there and a guy who knows how to change plays at the line when he reads blitz a la Peyton Manning Brady etc

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    But you need a QB who knows what he's doing out there and a guy who knows how to change plays at the line when he reads blitz a la Peyton Manning Brady etc
    There are very few people who can do that. Peyton is one. Brady is not as good at it, but he's got a great system that protects him well.

Most QB's can read a blitz, and most good defensive teams are good at confusing the QB with fake biltz looks. Sanchez's problem isn't that he can't read the blitz. It's that the O-Line is not good a pass protection.

That strip sack on Sunday is a perfect example. That guy ran right past DBrick, and blindsided Sanchez. One of the first posts I read in the game thread claimed that he has no pocket presence.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    There are very few people who can do that. Peyton is one. Brady is not as good at it, but he's got a great system that protects him well.

Most QB's can read a blitz, and most good defensive teams are good at confusing the QB with fake biltz looks. Sanchez's problem isn't that he can't read the blitz. It's that the O-Line is not good a pass protection.

That strip sack on Sunday is a perfect example. That guy ran right past DBrick, and blindsided Sanchez. One of the first posts I read in the game thread claimed that he has no pocket presence.
    I'm not so sure what happened to our pass protection we definitely need to address the OL either in the draft or in free agency. We then could rotate the guys in that are good at protecting Sanchez when he drops back to pass along with the guys that are good in run support

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    I'm not so sure what happened to our pass protection we definitely need to address the OL either in the draft or in free agency. We then could rotate the guys in that are good at protecting Sanchez when he drops back to pass along with the guys that are good in run support
    D'Brick is having his worst season. Mangold admitted earlier in the year that he was not playing well.

I think that Sparano screwed them up with a full playbook, and then additional Tebow packages. There were so many blocking schemes that the linemen didn't know what they were supposed to be doing on any given play.

I said this in the preseason and after week 1 when people were bashing Greene, and then Tony Richardson said it on SNY after the 3rd or 4th game.

They have gotten better lately, but they looked terrible in the first half of the year.

-Sun Tzu

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast