Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Best Character guys in the league

Just got done watching a video of David Wright visiting kids in Staten Island yesterday and I can truly say from watching him his whole career he is one of the most genuine and sincere ball players I have ever seen. A downright awesome guy who Im proud to say is going to be leading the Mets franchise for the duration of his career.

Who are some of the best guys not only on the field but off the field as well.

vCash
    i dont know whats a best for sports comedy

1. a guy making his 'mates' so much better(pure comical)
    2. superstar/stud labels these days
    3. backup players becoming media legends
    4. players with good 'character'

everybody is a human cartoon 'character', especially in ent. field(sports,movies..etc)

so when i hear that word i go they in they 'acting' mode right now, you know showing off that 'character'

everybody is faking to a certain degree,from your fav player to most despised

not saying everybody is a negative type

but when you're surrounded by devils its pretty damn hard to act like an angel

tho im sure some try to do goodwill for the sake of positive 'PR'

PUBLICRELATIONS=MASKEDLIES

Not saying WRIGHT aint a good dude, its just what it has become in my eyes

good character guys to me come out and speak on the behindscenes **** to make kids aware and stray away from bullshitandhumiliation

on another sport its like at PENNSTATE and PATERNO turned a blind eye so what does that say about his character? he came out and said he should have done more but we all know he knew his righthand man was messing with those kids ....

so what does that say about PENNSTATE character? and dont think that the other 2k colleges are exempt from this issue(you know its more than PENN/SYRACUSE involved), or do PENN/CUSE get a character pass because they took fall for other universities?
    Last edited by 3RDASYSTEM; 12-07-2012 at 10:04 AM.

vCash
    Derek Jeter
    RA Dickey
    Cliff Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RDASYSTEM View Post
    i dont know whats a best for sports comedy

1. a guy making his 'mates' so much better(pure comical)
    2. superstar/stud labels these days
    3. backup players becoming media legends
    4. players with good 'character'

everybody is a human cartoon 'character', especially in ent. field(sports,movies..etc)

so when i hear that word i go they in they 'acting' mode right now, you know showing off that 'character'

everybody is faking to a certain degree,from your fav player to most despised

not saying everybody is a negative type

but when you're surrounded by devils its pretty damn hard to act like an angel

tho im sure some try to do goodwill for the sake of positive 'PR'

PUBLICRELATIONS=MASKEDLIES

Not saying WRIGHT aint a good dude, its just what it has become in my eyes

good character guys to me come out and speak on the behindscenes **** to make kids aware and stray away from bullshitandhumiliation

on another sport its like at PENNSTATE and PATERNO turned a blind eye so what does that say about his character? he came out and said he should have done more but we all know he knew his righthand man was messing with those kids ....

so what does that say about PENNSTATE character? and dont think that the other 2k colleges are exempt from this issue(you know its more than PENN/SYRACUSE involved), or do PENN/CUSE get a character pass because they took fall for other universities?

while i agree PR plays a big role in perception you can tell who is genuine and who isnt these days, there is so much access to players like hte world has never seen (Via social media) as well as some reporter always looking to make a name for himself these guys are under the microscope like no other

my point being-how many times you think ARod has picked up a girl in the stands by throwing her a ball? you know that wasnt the first time

there are few guys out there that are as real as their image if portrayed-guys like Wright/Jeter embrace the spotlight of new york and use it to make a difference with people who need it

not to harp on wright because there are other guys who are just awesome-but a few years back he i went to spring training to see the mets play the braves and the game went into a rain delay all the players from both teams were pretty much in the club houses, wright stood on the top step of the dug out for an hour signing every single ball/hat that was tossed to him for every fan it was awesome

vCash
    I know the Uptons do a lot of Charity stuff with Wright.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Derek Jeter
    RA Dickey
    Cliff Lee
    im amazed with how hes become almost like a cult hero and well deserved great story and climbing a mountain even though he couldve lost his contract to help victims of sexual abuse class act

vCash
    brian wilson
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash

Best Character guys in the league

Ryan dempster

vCash
    Todd Helton
    Jeter

vCash
    Clayton Kershaw

vCash
    Reed Johnson. And it's too bad Vernon Wells has that contract, because he's a pretty good guy as well.

vCash
    I like the guys that choose to stay with a team they love, even if the team is bad every year. Like David Wright, great guy

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Brian Wilson aka BWeezy.
    Buster Posey.
    Barry.Lamar.Bonds.
    Jeff Keppinger.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Duh, Curtis Granderson! Mr. Spokesman for MLB.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    There are a few guys on every team, that's a good thing
    There are no men like me, only me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast