Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Why would he retire? There's nothing in it for him. Let's just hope he comes back and give us some solid years.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    a-rod won't retire. Just look at the remaining money on his deal. He will do everything to get back on the field... If he cannot, then he will sit on the DL until the deal expires then retire (he collects the $$$ like Albert Belle did with Orioles years ago). If he retires now, he gives up that money... If he is PUP, then and insurance policy kicks in to pay the remainder of his contract for the Yanks....and he files retirement paperwork after the contract expires.

But no, he won't be retiring... unless he feels he don't need any more $$$$

vCash
    In more likely news, Arod to give me half of his salary for the next two years, Source: Unknown.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    If ARod can't play he'll do what every other baseball player does - sit around and collect their money.

There's really no reason to think he would do this.

vCash
    ARod cares too much about what people think about him to go out on a bad note. He will do all he can to come back as strong as possible.

vCash
    OMG if this happened, it would be open season. Show everyone who the real Yankees are. Lol

But, he isn't walking away from 115 million over 5 years. I could maybe see them work something out where they pay X amount of dollars up front, and have a good day. But doubt it.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    76-74

G: 134 | AVG: .249| HR: 3| RBI: 40| OBP: .298 | SLG: .297 | wOBA: .270 | wRC: 67

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    OMG if this happened, it would be open season. Show everyone who the real Yankees are. Lol

But, he isn't walking away from 115 million over 5 years. I could maybe see them work something out where they pay X amount of dollars up front, and have a good day. But doubt it.
    If he is Physically Unable to Perform, then an insurance policy will normally kick in to finish paying him. But, he actually has to be PUP... If he just wants to quit, then he has to retire, and he loses the cash.

In either scenario, he would come off the Yanks books... Still, I would much rather see him come back to playing in form.

vCash
    This 'rumor' is just that - there is no way ARod would do that....he is wayy too selfish to go out this way. He'd rather handcuff the yankees until he's either out due to roids and his body just can't take it no more or has a mental breakdown due to his super-sized ego!

But OMG - I would throw a block party if he DID actually do it!!!
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Let's be serious here, I don't see him retiring... but crazier things have happened.

That said, if he does retire, I'll be pretty sad. I really wanted him to make a run at that home runs record, and while he has become somewhat of a liability, I definitely thought he took his postseason benching in stride. He's been unlucky with injuries, but he has given us some great memories (2009 World Series, and being a monster his first few years here), although in fairness there has been a ton of drama to go along with it. But last postseason, as terrible as that was for all of us, he seemed to be genuinely invested in making the team better, and he knew that he was not the answer. That's maturity.

All in all, if he does have to hang it up, it'll be a few years too soon IMO. Obviously great for freeing up money in the future, but I'll be sad. Excited for the future, but sad for the sake of his career. Sucks not being able to do what you love.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Amazing what people will believe...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    I wonder how the insurance works say he can't play as well... He retires and two years later wants to come back how would insurance happen does he forfeit the money?

vCash
    I'd hate to see him go out like this. Wish he would just grow a sac and take a pay cut and restructure his contract. It wouldn't look so bad if he took a 50 percent pay cut.

vCash
    He will most definitely not!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    I wonder how the insurance works say he can't play as well... He retires and two years later wants to come back how would insurance happen does he forfeit the money?
    If Arod sits out 6 months or longer in one shot, the Yanks are covered for 70-80% of his salary of that time period.

This does not affect the cap at all, it's just a reimburse.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    If Arod sits out 6 months or longer in one shot, the Yanks are covered for 70-80% of his salary of that time period.

This does not affect the cap at all, it's just a reimburse.
    Do not speak to people on here about numbers. Most are still in middle school.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast