Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wasn't comparing.In a nutshell I was just saying a move to Yankee stadium could help AJ. A repeat of the power could be in store. Would he hit 20 or more elsewhere? who knows. Can't say he will never do it again. He did it so its possible. Plus he will hit for a good average meaning he will get on base and score hopefully.Martin came on late in the season . AJ did it all season. Was it a fluke ? maybe? maybe not. But his BA has always been there so he is a contact hitter.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Expecting even 27 HRs out of AJ again next year would be crazy. Expecting 40 is insane.
    Again I wasn't comparing but if I was . AJ hit 16 fewer hrs in about 110 less at bats. Could he has hit 40 playing 81 games in Yankee stadium? AJ had as many hits , had a better OBP and a better slugging %
    Yes chicago is a hitters park but not the little league field Yankee Stadium is.
    Last edited by JackB; 12-11-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    AJP will most likely re-sign with the White Sox...
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Just playing devils advocate...Granderson hit 19, 22, 23, 30 hrs in his 4 yrs with Tigers. He was no 40+ guy either when he came to Yanks. I suspect AJ would hit 20-30 hr in pinstripes. Big thing about AJ is he doesn't strike out at the rate of most of the Yankees starters.

vCash

Chicago Tribune: Yankees In Talks To Sign AJ Pierzynski

Are there any recent rumors saying that he is thinking nyy? Or is this discussion stemming from that one original rumor?

vCash
    Latest is that the Texas is interested in him for a platoon with Soto... nothing on yanks radar.
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    And your telling me that is not a defeatist mentality?...
    Well, NO it's not. 1., it is part reality some times that we can't always get what we want. Don't believe me, hey, did you see me accepting that nice big powerball jackpot a few weeks ago? NOPE, that's right, I didn't get what I wanted. 2.), the yanks realize that the UFA market is not longer flush with great players, but players how are either nearly out of their primes, or never really had a prime. This is not like 10 years ago when the UFA market has some awesome players because many were starring until their 40's... now that the juice is gone, most are getting pretty bad by 35 with a few exceptions.

But I have also heard the same rumblings out of the Yankee brass a few years ago about an opening at 3rd base when a certain Mr. Boone decided to play some basketball. We only ended up with A-Rod in his prime for A. Soriano, who has clearly showed that the Yanks dumped him at the correct time.

Sometimes you just need to stop and get back on the reality bus. The fantasy world of a few years ago is long gone.

vCash
    Can the Yanks just sign this guy already??

vCash
    I heard an interview w Tyler flowers on MLB today. He likes AJ but did not paint a picture of him that was very pretty at all. In fact, it was awful.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash

trade?

I really think Cash is up to something Maybe something like any of the following 3 ..Hughes,Nova or Phelps plus Granderson and a high level prospect..not named Pineda..Betances..Heathcott or Sanchez for G.Stanton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 55clkamg View Post
    I really think Cash is up to something Maybe something like any of the following 3 ..Hughes,Nova or Phelps plus Granderson and a high level prospect..not named Pineda..Betances..Heathcott or Sanchez for G.Stanton
    That wouldn't get Stanton.

And your saying let's trade away 3 of our starting pitchers. Two who will be starters next year. Hughes(if they resign up) then would be all 3.

So let's say hypothetically this trade from MLB the show we're to happen.

Our only starter next year would be..

CC Sabathia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    That wouldn't get Stanton.

And your saying let's trade away 3 of our starting pitchers. Two who will be starters next year. Hughes(if they resign up) then would be all 3.

So let's say hypothetically this trade from MLB the show we're to happen.

Our only starter next year would be..

CC Sabathia
    But he's the greatest ace ever, so...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Is it too much to ask CC to make 162 starts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    But he's the greatest ace ever, so...
    Never said he was the greatest ace ever..But he's still a current top 10 pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Is it too much to ask CC to make 162 starts?
    If you feed him captain crunch..maybe?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast