Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    People do realize that his power from last year is not the norm with him right? Last year he had 27 HRs, the three years before that combined he had 30. He hits for a decent average but doesn't really get on base a ton. He's not exactly a great hitter.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind seeing Romine/Cervelli splitting time Catching and spending the money for Ichiro in RF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    People do realize that his power from last year is not the norm with him right? Last year he had 27 HRs, the three years before that combined he had 30. He hits for a decent average but doesn't really get on base a ton. He's not exactly a great hitter.
    Being in Yankee Stadium will help his power output for sure.
    I'd easily rather have him than Russell Martin and hope he gets signed.

vCash
    Of course I wouldn't expect him to hit 27 again..

But looking at his career, if we got .270/.320 with 10-15 HR and 60-70 RBI, I'd be pretty happy. And it is far from unreasonable to think he could do better than that. Even those numbers would be a step up, not even counting defense

vCash
    It doesn't matter if you like this guy or not, the catching market isn't exactly booming... we have to take it or leave it.. and if you leave him you better have a backup plan! Right now, I don't see us having that in the minors or via trade so yes - the yankees need to get this deal done now. Besides, I would like for our staff to have a guy that's not going to take crap behind the plate and AJ is the man for the job.
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Cashman has been quoted today saying he still believes that the catcher position will come from within the organization and that RF and infield help are more pressing issues. He also believes he will have to at least one thing done during this weekends meetings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Cashman has been quoted today saying he still believes that the catcher position will come from within the organization and that RF and infield help are more pressing issues. He also believes he will have to at least one thing done during this weekends meetings.
    Saying/doing and two different things with the yankees. They might say that and then do just the opposite and they have done that before. I still believe they want a veteran to back the catching corps.
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Leo approves of this message.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Whatever Cashman is smoking, I want some. Cervelli, Romine and Stewart is laughable. I want AJ. I wanted AJ over Martin. No homo.

vCash
    I guess he can sign here...for one year...

vCash
    You have to give him 2 years minimum.....but do it!
    Nick

vCash
    He also said Bubba Crosby was his starting CF until Damon was tossed on his lap by George....well, no George now so maybe he will use within.....
    Nick

vCash
    I think whats worse is the fact this offseason is due to one player....Arod. He is killing this team in so many ways. If he was a stud, we would be happy with whoever played RF or C. But since he sucks and eats enough salary for 2 good players, we get this as an offseason. Now he is injured and will miss half the year. When you wish someone would man up and retire, you know he is worthless. Sad.....

vCash
    A-Rod is the root of all evil.

I think he's also the reason Jeter got injured, Tex has declined for 4 years and the Yankees have no prospects ready to step in for any of the million holes they have on the team.

Normally this would be the teams fault (the team that also gave ARod that crazy contract) but it is probably ARods fault in this scenario.

vCash
    He would no doubt drop in HRs but he could continue his fly balls and in Yankee Stadium....
    Nick

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast