Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    ok we'll wait it out but I believe he'll be traded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 55clkamg View Post
    No it's not the same because Trout isn't demanding a trade..See the difference?
    There's really no difference. Young guys like Trout and Stanton who are team and cost controlled for years are in no position to "demand" trades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    There's really no difference. Young guys like Trout and Stanton who are team and cost controlled for years are in no position to "demand" trades.
    Welcome back slick, your wise old self was missed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Doesn't matter. Even if he was traded, Stanton is super young, super good, under team control for years, and super cheap. We do not have the pieces to get it done. Other teams with better young players could best anything we could offer.
    I disagree. We could put together a more than adequate package. We would probably get blown away but we could put the pieces together to make it an acceptable trade to the baseball world. It boils down to what the exact state of the marlins is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    I disagree. We could put together a more than adequate package. We would probably get blown away but we could put the pieces together to make it an acceptable trade to the baseball world. It boils down to what the exact state of the marlins is.
    If our offer would be blown away, how is our offer adequate?

vCash
    The Marlins would want young, cost controlled players who are major league ready. We simply dont have that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Wait, what?

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Wait, what?
    as you would say

lolwut

vCash
    Ppl forget that teams don't want to give us young players and help us out.

vCash
    These new posters are killing me.

KILLING.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Is it too much to ask CC to make 162 starts?
    trade for dickey. he's a knuckleballer, we can ask for him to start the other 130 CC cant
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Great move in my opinion. Look I am not in love with a team of old free agents, but its not like Trout is available. Best the Yankees find pieces like this for short term deals. When a real good free agent comes available pounce. For now its best going year to year (maybe two if need be) but not taking on big contracts. Get under the cap for 2014, and then be in a position to pounce later. Let the Angels pay Hamilton 25 million a year - and worry he will fall off the wagon (the guy is never healthy either). Yankees have an old team, however, staying competive with vets, trying to build a young pitching staff, and supplementing veteran pieces for the league minimum is key.

Its a formula that works...don't believe me look at the Knicks offseason. Thomas, Wallace and Kidd are all producing great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 55clkamg View Post
    ok we'll wait it out but I believe he'll be traded
    When he's about to be a free agent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshirleyrules View Post
    Great move in my opinion. Look I am not in love with a team of old free agents, but its not like Trout is available. Best the Yankees find pieces like this for short term deals. When a real good free agent comes available pounce. For now its best going year to year (maybe two if need be) but not taking on big contracts. Get under the cap for 2014, and then be in a position to pounce later. Let the Angels pay Hamilton 25 million a year - and worry he will fall off the wagon (the guy is never healthy either). Yankees have an old team, however, staying competive with vets, trying to build a young pitching staff, and supplementing veteran pieces for the league minimum is key.

Its a formula that works...don't believe me look at the Knicks offseason. Thomas, Wallace and Kidd are all producing great.
    There must be something in his contract about him staying clean and sober or maybe the contract is void. Every game they get from him is huge in that lineup.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    If our offer would be blown away, how is our offer adequate?
    It would be adequate if we didn't get blown away by another team.

Like as in late in the off season, when most other have made their moves. We have more than enough talent to rescue Stanton if he walked in and demanded a trade to the Bronx, or just wants out. It can happen. Stanton is worth 20 mil per year. Work that backwards and we have a package. Stanton is pissed. Was lied to and his numbers will suffer in a crappy lineup. Thus, hurting his future free agency numbers and his future pay as a world champion, MVP or HR, triple crown champ etc.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast